1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

What track are you testing with? I have tripled checked my assists and they are all off but this car feels so planted I really don't have to worry about flooring it ever but I think I have something screwy going on because others seem to say it spins if you aren't too careful yet I just don't see it. What is your TC setting in the setup? Yes, I deleted my AMS2 docs folder.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad someone else feels it.

4. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Suzuka and Donington. I use around 10-12% slip. Something has to be wrong on your end.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The live read out "is" changing the value (showing +105% for example) but the strength isn't being effected! In the previous beta the telemetry HUD would change from the global setting (for me global is 69) up or down according to the live changes being made and shown on the live update section of the HUD, now the live read out is changing , the telemetry isn't showing any change and the strength isn't changing either.
    This is in both the main release and in the "notformedia" beta also now.

The live read out is where you can see live the changes being made to things like brake bias and roll bars and now the FFB per car is shown in that same section of the HUD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know whats going on. I just gave Suzuka (Kansai) a quick test and I run out of road due to understeer before there is ever any danger of oversteer. Even in first gear through the S's. Sure, I will spin at the hairpin if I try but this seems very odd. Even the M1 Pro car is as stable as a rock. No liftoff oversteer, throttle induced oversteer. Not sure whats going on tbh. I double checked assists.. Absolutely none. Tried OFF and Authentic.

Having said all this, it seems Ayrton is experiencing something similar. Tempted to just uninstall and re-install the entire game and see what happens.

Ah right, well I was only checking the figures in the HUD popup display with the tyre temps which doesn't change. Either way we are both experiencing the same thing in terms of it not having any effect of the FFB on the actual car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FOG-TinTops

FOG-TinTops New Member

Thanks for your response Renato - Regarding the "Premium Track Pack" - what's the 5th track to entice me into purchasing it? :)

I've already bought the Nurburgring tracks.

Really like the GT1's so far - Congrats for releasing them!

8. Ayrton

I want to reinstall, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to see if there's any hotfix. It's just like you said, I get boatloads of understeer on throttle and am never in any danger of spinning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

@Marc Collins are your live FFB per car adjustments working in either builds?
    I made this post and Renato posted directly after without any comment to my post :confused: which was kind of weird that he didnt even acknowledge the issue unless it is a non issue and i've and a couple of others missed something this build.

10. Michael Kay

Michael Kay New Member

Thx Guys

11. Ayrton

Well I did a full reinstall, wipe away every file related to ams2 on my pc, and now I'm just beyond frustrated and confused. It feels like I'm living in a nightmare. When I drive the M1 in the 1.0.1 release with ALL aids off, absolutely nothing enabled, it feels like the car is being corrected at all times, like there's a huge TC and stability aid turned on. It feels like the cars did in PC2. Then when I go back to beta 1.0.6.4 it feels natural and is one of the best cars I've ever driven. Back to 1.0.1 and it's all gone. What happened??

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

I kind of agree, cars are near impossible to spin. I've been locking up the diffs to encourage some oversteer and still it's super easy to hold cars straight. I tried assists full and then off as well as cycling through them to confirm there off and then authentic but something doesn't feel right currently, even on cars I had previously enjoyed but there have always been cars that don't drive like I'd imagine them to.
    I did a back to back with the GT4 Camaro with ACC and sadly the ACC cars feels brilliant while AMS2 feels boring. Same for the Porsche Cup in rF2, AMS2 feels like it has not enough power to turn it's tyres.

It will get there, just sad that this Madness engine has these quirks that must be a struggle to get the utmost out of. Remember this is a marathon and we have only just warmed up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ayrton

The problem isn't just that it's off, but it WAS there. I'm going back and forth between the previous beta and this and it's night and day.

14. 2ndLastJedi

What build and how do you roll back?
    It sucks that it gone off now while Reiza are having the long deserved break so we are all stuck with this borked build.

15. Ayrton

The last beta not using the password was 1.0.6, so if you unselect the notformedia branch it rolls back to that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Strange i cant buy spa.:(.

17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Phenomenal update, thanks so much to Reiza and the team for putting in the hard yards at the end of the year whilst also fending off some pretty delusional criticism. Luckily I didn't drink on NYE so whilst others were fending off hangovers today I spend the day test driving the new release. Here's a few observations:
    • Lancers tyre noise still way too high
    • JCW Mini is now missing windscreen wiper animation
    • French text "Augmentation du gain du FFB" in my English settings menu
    • AI pass has resulted in a number of previously overpowered AI classes (eg Grp A) being enjoyably less overpowered at 95%
    • Sprint Racer AI was OK but is now overpowered at 95%, cannot be kept up with on straights.
    • GT1 AI are hugely overpowered relative to the player at 95%
    • GT1 class only appears in the All Cars menu, shouldn't it also be in the Historic Touring menu?
    • AI enjoyably fight a little more for position but still still unenjoyably drop back massively when passed
    • AI wet weather behaviour is bizarre, they're still excessively slow through corners but can now put down unmatchable power on straights. I suspect's because their tyres don't get cold
    • FFB gain adjustments made at either the setup menu or in-game (even though they show onscreen) do nothing with any car or track I've tried.
    Apart from that:
    • GT1s look sound and handle phenomenally, apart from the excessive low speed oversteer when giving too much steering lock (also affects other cars like the Formula Trainer)
    • Love the tartan liveried GT1 Merc!
    • Love the new background
    • In general the cars across the board just handle better than ever thanks to the ongoing tyre and physics revisions.
    • Finally per car camera position which doesn't reset itself!!!
    • Street Cars are now actually all worth driving. The Macca F1is a real understeering handful though (as per real life I suspect).
    • Sprint Racer sounds are fantastic, as are the GT3 BMW's
    • Random weather implementation is now worth using!
    Thanks again to Reiza for all the enjoyment you've provided over a really substandard year. Please take a well deserved break of 2-3 hours and then get back to work :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Only in Merc gt1 as Ive not tried the others
    Caught your post v/early this morning and tried GT1 merc online seemed ok and could spin out as did some players,then lost all ffb had to leave) So then same track and test as previous 2 days. All wizardry off and seemed same as Thurs wheel spin/dounghuts etc
    Will do a back to back on old beta and new main this morning before beta gets updated.
    Will try the others Also if I can.
    Hope it can be determined for all, but seems more than strange.

19. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

I know where I'll be spending 2021. SPA! Thanks guys

20. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On my notformedia branch of the beta the MercGt1 is destroying tires in straight line and second gear. Very easy to spin out even in third.
    Tested at Brands Indy.

Full assist allowed in menu and then all to OFF.