1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

HNY & Thanks so much Renato!
    This is what I wrote @RD:)

Nice update.
    Spa looks fine.
    Porsche GT1 looks marvelous but is very planted even with all nannies off.
    CLK GTR is way more playable.
    F1 GTR LT (that sound!) is somewhere inbetween.

F1 LM. Dear God. My favourite sportscar EVER.

Sound/looks: Great.
    Handling/physics: A bit floaty in the chassis/steering but do-able.
    Bit too understeery also on Medium P Zero Corsa but pretty easy to 'catch a slide' but you have to be focussed!

It's so fast in a straight line and it doesn't 'kill you' with wheelspin and fishtailing >180kmh like Ultima GTR Street still does. Plus the brakes are alright. Ultima GTR Street doesn't have any, it seems:)

Thanks Reiza
    And to all of you HNY!

Cheers
    Robin

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just move it back until coordinates are 0 in both aft / fore up / down axis (there is now a message for these coordinates but you need to have them enabled in your HUD to see them).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

This happened to me too. I got a track limits warning banner pop up after smashing the kerbs at Copse 1991, the banner came off screen and all my FFB vanished and I had zero resistance. I closed the game down, turned my wheel off and at the mains too. Restarted my PC, Turned the wheel back on and fired up AMS2 and it’s back to normal. I also unplugged my HOTAS too, because when I tried to calibrate my wheel after deleting AMS folders, my wheel got super heavy and I think AMS2 was getting confused between the Thrustmaster HOTAS and Fanatec wheel. All works fine now.

4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Can someone tell me where to find the option to have manual control driving out of the garage and pits please? I deleted my documents folder and I’ve got everything set up prior to the update, but I can’t for the life of me, find the button to have manual control.
    Heads up - in the options, to change FFB multiplier up and bind it to a button, it’s typed in French instead of English. Turn it down is in English.
    Will the normal / non bonkers chicane version of Cascais become available?
    Thank you for the awesome update and especially for my favourite ever race car the Merc GT1!

5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

CTRL +K enables camera settings!
    Push numblock 5 to reset
    CTRL +K again to leave this DEV-Mode.

6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Enable Manual pit stop in game options,i think it was there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When the same happened to me in the past with GT3s, the only possible solution was to put assists to FULL in the menu and then disable all of them.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AndrewMigL

AndrewMigL New Member AMS2 Club Member

Stock Car 2019 breaking FFB here.. this is the car I drive maybe 80% of my time in AMS 2 and it was great in BETA up to 1.0.8xxx.
    Silverstone - Test Day -
    GT1 CLK - Great detailed FFB
    McLaren and Ultima (Street) - Great detailed FFB
    Jump into the SC 2019 and boom light FFB... again. It feels floaty and like there's no contact with road but with some resistance to turning.
    I then proceed to re-test the same cars as before and ffb detail is gone for sure.
    Happened last night too.
    Only fix is to shut down PC and unplug wheel and start over.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

FFB per car was working as intended in the previous build, we could set global to 69 (for me) and then on track the car would read 69 but i could hit the mapped per car button and it would adjust accordingly and save to what ever the change was. The next car would still be at 69 until changed, then back to the first car and it was at the new per car setting just set previously. Something buggy came with this build and Reiza will be all over it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@AndrewMigL did you delete your AMS2 Documents folder as instructed by Renato?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there really nothing you/we can do to accelerate this?
    It seems Steam wants to boycott your game as they won’t allow customers to buy your DLC, first Nurburgring, now Spa...
    Never had such problems with other games...
    Would buy the track pack if it would credit the DLCs I already bought...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Loving the update!

Is there any reason I can’t adjust the vehicle specific ffb gain below 50%? I’m not really understanding how it’s working alongside the core setting, to be honest. Someone please enlighten me!

Edit: nvm, I’ve got it. I am, as it turns out, an idiot.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  13. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

"Updated Sprint Race sounds"

I was really looking forward to this but the audio in the sprint car still crackles. Pretty sad that this issue is there since release now.

Makes you wonder what was updated exactly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The default is 100 and you can adjust down to 50 and up to 150.

So if you have your universal gain set to 60, when adjusting the per vehicle gain down to 50, you effectively have a gain of 30 (50% of 60), if you adjust per vehicle gain up to 150, you have an effective value of 90 (150% of 60).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed when I use the angle up / down it does not show these settings on screen so I do not know what it was changed to or how far to get it back to default.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great, that is good to know!

17. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Haha, thanks for this. I figured it out just before you posted, check my edit!
    My confusion was coming from the current bug whereby the vehicle specific ffb isn’t changing until you restart a whole session. All good now, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

All setups could be in a human readable format like ini or xml. Which also makes sharing easier even people can profit on it which in turns gain some popularity for AMS2.(i.e coach dave for acc)

Dont know if maddness is capable of spitting the setups in those format however.

19. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

After neglecting AMS2 for some time due to the camera shake issue making it unplayable for me, I decided to reinstall it again after 1.1.0.0 was released. Did quite a bit of free practice today, here's what I found so far:

The camera shake issue isn't gone yet. And, to be completely honest, I couldn't notice any real improvement, either. I have deleted my AMS2 documents folder content (except the screenshots folder) as recommended and fiddled around with Legacy and non-Legacy world movement settings in regular and Steam VR Mode (as I'm using TrackIR). The new default world movement mode is still better than legacy, so no surprise there. Unfortunately it is still unavailable in VR mode (god knows why the engine requires VR mode to enable TIR support), the same as merely adjusting the WM value. (Which means I gotta dial it in in 2D mode before switching to VR mode every time I need to make a change).

My standard car and track combo for testing is Brands Hatch GP / Sprint Race Car. It is a reasonably bumpy combination, though probably far from being the worst offender. After a while I managed to get to a level that I consider bearable (just barely, though), which is Legacy WM set to ~60.

Regarding this I would like to ask @Renato Simioni two questions (and sorry for bothering you, I know you deserve some rest!):
    1. Do the recent improvements to onboard camera shake that were mentioned affect both world movement modes? Or is the effect limited to the new non-legacy method only?
    2. Why is the new WM method not available in VR mode, and are there any plans to enable it in VR mode (or introduce other options to mitigate excessive camera bumpiness)? Also, as a follow-up, why can't the world movement value be adjusted when running the game in VR mode?

With that out of the way I decided to optimize my FFB settings. As I was changing the settings for LFB and FX while on track I noticed that I was getting a weird sort of rattling in my G25 that wasn't there before. Turns out I had flatspotted at least one of my tires, because it was gone after I reset back to the pits. It's cool it can be felt, though I'm not sure I'm a fan of how it feels. (Besides, I don't think the damage could've been that bad, but it still persisted for lap after lap without showing any signs of improvement.)

With everything else set up I finally had a chance to try out some cars!

Camaro SS - Had heard it was given some more love, so I just had to see for myself. Took it for a spin on Goiana, and wasn't disappointed at all! Finally feels like I think it should: Powerful, heavy, relatively stable, somewhat weak on the brakes - but most importantly lots of fun!

Ultima Road - Wow. Much better than I remember. Stable, accelerates like a rocket and bites you if you don't respect its enormous power to weight ratio. Still feels a little anemic on the brakes, though.
    My first try was actually on Oulton Park (No Chicane) in light rain. Not easy, but still way, way easier than I had thought.

McLaren F1 LM - Oof. Similar straight line performance as the Ultima, but more planted and well-balanced. Slightly better on the brakes as well. Definitely the most refined out of these three.
    Feels a bit like an all-around improved Ultima in a way.

Cup Porsche 911
    (both) - Drove these 'round Donington National. They're similar, but also surprisingly different from one another. I think the 4.0 liter one has shorter gears by default?
    Anyway, great fun and not nearly as squirrely as I had expected them to be. Maybe even a tiny little bit too planted?

(The GT1s were run on Silverstone 2001 since I figured it made the most sense.)
    McLaren F1 GTR - Raw. That describes it best. It feels raw in terms of power but also in terms of development. There's still a bit of polish missing, I found it handled a bit... weird? Can't really put my finger on it for now, sorry. Definitely a fun car, though!

Mercedes CLK GTR - Fast, planted, well-balanced. Immensely fun. As others have pointed out, probably the most polished one out of the three GT1s so far.

Porsche 911 GT1 - A-ma-zing! It feels super light compared to the other two, and just flies like a spaceship. Noticed it has a lot shorter gearing than the other two, though. Overall the steering feels a tad too light, though I guess I could've changed it using the per-car FFB adjustment.

Also, since I hadn't driven them in a while I also tried one of the FTrucks again. Track of choice was Velopark 2010. (Probably should've gone with the 2017 version, as the pit exit is a bit too tight for a truck, IMHO.)

Sadly there doesn't seem to have been any significant improvement on the FTrucks yet. Even when entering a turn at low speed, the front end just refuses to turn in. I do remember having a lot of fun in Formula Truck 2013 and AMS1, so I fired up AMS again for a quick comparison. Here are my findings:

AMS1: The trucks feel heavy and somewhat planted. Turn-in works well enough at low speeds. It is surprisingly hard to get the wheels to spin on power, though!
    AMS2: These trucks feel like they skid and float along the track, rather than having solid contact. Turn-in even at low speed is non-existent. Power drifting is required for most corners.
    On the upside, it is MUCH easier to actually spin the wheels when accelerating, which feels more believable compared to AMS1.
    Verdict: Ideally we'll get a marriage of both AMS1 and AMS2 trucks some day, that is: Easier wheel spin, better turn in and cornering ability, balanced and believable feeling of weight.

Yeah, that's about what I found for today. I'm still more than a little disappointed that the improvements to camera shake didn't do much for me, but both the addition of new as well as the improvement of old content is outstanding. Will probably get the 'ring DLC today or tomorrow as I can actually see myself spending some time with AMS2 again.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update, it' always good to have SPA in a sim :)
    I don't think anyone reported that the new content isn't available in time trial mode, so...