1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you using the default or custom FFB?? Perhaps, using a custom FFB file prevents the "per car" functionality at the moment?

2. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

still nothing for me ..:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tested some cars and the recently updated ones feel very good.

Among the still very bad ones:

- Formula Trainer: inert but unpredictable as usual with unrealistic grip and massive tire degradation with no effect on performances. Delicious to drive in AMS and a complete disaster in AMS2. Please give it some love because it would be a very nice addition to the game.

- Old stock: it remembers the Camaro SS before the latest improvements. Spins in fourth gear at the slightest lateral acceleration and goes left and right for no reason. Whatever has been done to the road cars should apply also here.

- Stock car 86: definitely too much grip and no traction at all with severe spin of inner tire as soon as cornering starts. Also suspensions seems to run over bumpstops with too limited stroke leading to bumpiness and weird handling.

- Cayman GT4: it seems impossible it shares the same tires with Camaro and Ginetta in the same class (that feels absolutely great). Suspensions are not working as usual and lacks any adjustability on throttle.

There are other long standing issues like the locked diff on the Caterhams, lacking of diff lock on the 991s unless extreme values are used, low lateral grip reduction when spinning on some tires... but those can be mostly tolerated.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 5
  4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here... Spa DLC not available. I think this problem could be sorted out in a few seconds but unfortunately nobody cares...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

It's a STEAM issue.Renato can also only wait!
    Sadly..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This was not mentioned in the release notes, but THANK YOU for stopping the telemetry during replays. Now, I can finally watch replays without being bounced around in the motion rig :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The intended logic of the new implementation is better. Regardless of where we set our global Gain setting, the per car is an incremental up or down percentage from 100% of the global setting. It is rightly assumed that if we change the global Gain, the relative ups and downs of the various cars will remain as they were and we won't need to change anything. If Reiza changes the physics or some such on a particular vehicle, then we may only need to adjust that one car.

The problem is that while doing this logical switch, we lost the instant effect while on track and changes only kick-in after a session restart. Being fixed by Reiza as we speak...

• Like Like x 1
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:WELCOME in 2021 REIZA:
    :Happy New Year:
    Wow, what a great BANG today:)
    Really amazing job, well done!
    Great cars, great track, great update, thank you very much.
    Just one problem: a 1998 race car but where is the legendary bus stop chicane at Spa?
    In my first lap, after Blanchimont, I siwtched to right side and brake down to enter the left-right / right-left-chicane..., and then hit the wall...., and I was confused :D
    Sorry, but I do not like this in 2007 added final chicane
    ss181857.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi hox do you manage this option please ??? many thanks

10. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

I can't buy the Spa DLC, why? I can't find it in the shop, who puts me the direct link? thanks

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza great update.

12. Roland Horn

Roland Horn New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's an example of what I'm feeling in the GT3s. I'm purposefully driving a messy line, abusing curbs, and mashing the throttle, but it never breaks traction. This is with TC completely off.

For comparison, I drove the Copa Montana and it's fantastic. With that, hitting a curb wrong will destabilize the car and using too much throttle will cause the tires to light up and slip. That car only has 350hp, but the GT3s have 500+.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    The answer is in every third post of this thread. waiting for Steam to fix the error.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

That is indeed where the option is, thank you ! Felt so weird having AI driving me through the pits. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

I have noticed this issue since the GT3s have been released. Some have gotten better but the Porsche Cup, for example, doesn’t make sense when you can mash the throttle out of the tightest turns in 1st gear with only understeer as the problem.
    Still not sure if it’s my system or the game since few others see the issue. I’ve tried disabling TC and everything. Nothing helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3's are famous for being nooby cars, so yeah. They buy AMS 2. Play it a lot, think GT3's are cool. Then try other cars. Fall in love with them cause they are so hard and fantastic. Reiza knows their business, hehe. :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

It's not your system, the Porsche Cup feels and behaves terrible in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just finished testing at Suzuka on Porsche GT1 on public version. T1 exit in 3rd gear if I don't feather the throttle I spin it and I have to countersteer on my way to the esses. Spoon Curve exit: 3rd gear if I floor it I lose it and I need to give somewhere around 75% throttle and countersteer until it's straight. Not sure if this is the definition of on rail or unspinnable.
    On the double left hander after the esses in 4th gear I have to countersteer as soon as I floor the throttle on the way out to Degner...
    TC is at 20 as per baseline
    Laptime 1:53:5

Also did on the new public version a test of F Classic G3M1 at Jacarepagua: same setup, same FFB settings same laptimes and same tires consumptions as before. There is not a hint of a different car behavior.
    I think maybe a re-install could be sorting it for those who see strange behavior?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would sure hope so, given the difference in price!
    For example, I don't think any Ultima GTR models used carbon fiber except the current Ultima RS, while there is a lot of carbon fiber on the McLaren F1, so that saved weight could be spent on other no-compromise parts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1