1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Huh. A file with 2 quali sessions was detected as AMS2 this time. Strange. I guess it is Simresults that struggles to properly identify which game it is then.

2. Andreas Renner

Andreas Renner New Member

Hello everybody, I have the following problem with a external dedicated server, how can I extend the waiting time between qualifying and the race? And where can I set it up so that I want to drive out of the box by myself? Thanks for your help.

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

as stated somewhere b4, simpliest way would be changing the version string in first line of sms_stats_data.json
    e.g. from
    // Persistent data for addon 'sms_stats', addon version 2.0
    to
    // Persistent data for addon 'sms_stats', addon version 2.0ams2

simresults could then parse the line and decide the right output ;)

4. Shriukan

Are you saying we should propose to the simresults owner to add a detection argument with that string or that it is already doing so? Asking so I can act if necessary xD

5. Wolfgang Herold

first REIZA should implement it, then simresults could react.
    I think its not effective to let it do the users

6. Shriukan

True. I guess simply adding an incremental update to 2.1 or 3.0 or something other than 2.0 would be enough on the "it's not pC2" front.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I'm hearing from our AMS 2 race organiser that there seems to be a problem advancing sessions on our DS. He makes sure he is the first person to connect after starting the server, so that he becomes the "host". At the end of practice he should (and has until recently) see a "Continue" button which moves things on to qualifying. However, all he sees is the Exit button like everyone else, meaning there is no way to advance.

The only way to get past this is for him to connect to the DS itself and force it to advance the session, but this is also broken in that it will sometimes skip the qualifying session entirely and go straight to the race!

Is anyone else having this issue?

8. Shriukan

Heyo. I just want to give a quick update about Simresults json uploads. I messaged the sysadmin and he changed the detection method. Since AMS2 now has an exclusive condition in the shape of "AllowedCutsBeforePenalty", the system can now properly detect from which game the json comes from. :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Giacomo Verlini

Giacomo Verlini OTCR Simracing AMS2 Club Member

10. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

Hi everybody.
    i have my dedicated server running, all well. my only little big problem is: the qualification session will allways start heavy overcast. How to change that. All fine in race, as i can adjust fog or rain or whatever i feel like. dont know how to change the quali weather first race joining server. thx in advance

11. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Is your weather setup in the sms_rotate_config?
    Try this answer regarding weather from a few pages back in this same thread:

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD

• Like Like x 1
  12. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

gonna try that. thx so far

• Like Like x 1
  13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

How come when I start a server, the session isn't started? It only shows details on the 'Next session' tab. (Pic 1).
    Also, it shows as 'Not joinable' as per pic 2, guessing because the session hasn't loaded as above.
    Screenshot 2021-01-02 003832.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-02 003937.png

Also, the correct car (Cat 7 superlight) simply will not load...It's always the ARC Camaro even though I've set "VehicleClassId" : "Cat_Superlight", in sms_rotate_config.json.
    Screenshot 2021-01-02 005655.png

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  14. Shriukan

Because the DS is a simple rebroadcaster. A player still has to join the lobby to activate the session and act as the host. The player will have full/some/no control over the session details depending on how things were configured and once on track, the DS acts as the data host.
    Also the X on the joinable thing can be ignored as i think that pertains to “joinable active session”

15. TekNeil

@Shriukan Ah, that explains it cheers mate. So it's not actually an out and out server session that's hosted, it's technically triggered as a session once somebody joins, and then the status will change to 'Current session'?
    Bit hard work trying to get head around the different files with the same values etc in them...Bit confusing.

16. Shriukan

Yup. Once someone is in the lobby, the current session deets can be modified.
    In the case of Rent-A-Server, I even leave player control on so that I can just create a lobby ingame with all the settings how I want and then applying them to the server (by having -selectds in your game’s launch commands) and joining it. I can then edit the current session on the webAPI while in the lobby (say a change of time, weather, session length, etc). I can remake a new session.

17. TekNeil

Cool. Trying to get my head around it slowly but surely. Just really struggling to select the Caterham_Superlight as the vehicle for some reason...
    In sms_rotate_config.json I have:
    "TrackId" : "GoianiaMixed",
    "VehicleClassId" : "Cat_Superlight",
    And in the server.cfg I have:
    "TrackId" : -438882031,
    "VehicleClassId" : -382267785,

Not sure why it's not working...Always has ARC Camaro selected.

---------------------------
    Also, the flags are super confusing...And don't seem to take effect :-/

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  18. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So -select ds is working now ?? we could not get it to work before ..this will help a lot ..

19. Wolfgang Herold

-selectds works since more than 2 months i think

20. Shriukan

Hehe it has been working for over 4 months i believe but yes it works and quite well. I just wish it would also be able to set the name and password of our choice upon applying the settings to the DS.

Bonus: I do daily logging of the sessions (if there are any) on Rent-A-Server to Simresults.net