1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please disable menu control using wheel/pedals

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jonelsorel, Jan 3, 2021.

1. jonelsorel

jonelsorel New Member

Guys,

Would you for the love of god disable menu interaction using the wheel and pedals, or at least introduce a switch making it possible to disable it? There's nothing more frustrating than working on a good setup for the last half hour and the moment you enter the garage menu with the wheel slightly turned, all the values you hover over with the mouse get all messed up. I can't remember the last time I've seen this in a sim, and I've been racing since GPL days. Do you actually get requests from people wanting to tweak their cars using the steering wheel and pedals, not the mouse and keyboard? And if you do, do you actually have to make this the default/only way?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

[deleted]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  3. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    How steel?

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

There is a slider called "Menu spring strength" in the FFB menu.

ByTheWay: The slider is working very good. At least you can move it L/R. But as a dummy slider its position doesnt matter. Not even as a placebo slider :)

Menu spring strength.png

5. steelreserv

Please ignore me, I could have sworn you could (or used to be able to at least). Yeah this feature would be nice.

6. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

PC2 has the same issue , it has something to do with game pad support .. For me the spring menu slider only takes the force out of the wheel in the menus , but does not turn it off ..
    I have trained myself to always center the wheel now ..lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. jonelsorel

jonelsorel New Member

As much as I want to give AMS 2 the same credit I gave AMS 1, I'm doing my best to ignore the PC2 similarities. But it kind of gets hard at some point. Some of its features are plain retarded (like this one mentioned here), and the game feels overall like a 0.5 version, certainly not a 1. something. No option to save a game settings profile, no option to restore defaults.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. steelreserv

You're definitely right about the UI. It must be just a functional placeholder. As far as restoring defaults, you have to use the My Docs files.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Is AMS2 ever going to console? I'd guess not.

10. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi Kro,

I'm a drummer..ac and an ekit. Is that a V drum kit I see in your avatar? Nice!

Sorry for the ot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

That's the idea of the centering spring is it not? To allow the wheel to center, hence not giving any input?

12. Kro

Yes ! I also have ac dw's ! ,

yes the center spring is supposed to tighten it ..

13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK - this is the first time I have seen a reasonable explanation of this menu item.
    Thank you :)
    Because a lot of times I have seen people stubbornly refering to a menu item in the FFB menu that can stop this idiotic changing of as example the mentioned setup values.
    I have also got this answer myself - hehe often in a rather patronising way.:D
    Like - Dont you know that such a possibility allready is in the menus?.

But when I then have checket it out and have reported it back - then I often just see that the post with the (false) answer has been deleted.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: So to finally stop repeating this false answer about how to solve this idiotic(IMO) heritage from pCars2 then we maybe can conclude that it is a FALSE solution.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I just screwed up the setup I was working on because of this damn wheel in the menu, and it's the second time that has happened to me! This retarded "feature" must be eliminated as soon as possible, also because the spring in the center is completely useless in these cases. :mad:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's never happened to me, I wonder why it affects some people but not others.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this is an old thread but its the only one I can find related to my question.

Whenever I press particular buttons on my ts-pc racer wheel, it interacts with the in game menu system. It is a right PITA

Ive messed about with steam controller settings but nothing seems to stop it.

Has anyone ever found a way of stopping this?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Kro

I wonder if it has to do with wheel type/brand? seeing how it affects some but not others, example is F1Aussie does not have this with his Fanatec DD1 ... just thinking out loud & I do not notice this anymore after changing from my 10 Year old G27 to a newer G923 ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andy

That's made me think of trying something as a test.
    A friend has a t300 and doesn't have the problem.
    I have a spare t300, I'll set that up and try it out

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andy

Well, rather strangely, the t300 does interact with the ingame menu, but with different buttons. Even though button mappings are the same.
    The T300 wouldnt be a problem as its not my discord PTT button causing the problem, unlike on the pc racer
    No idea :whistle:

20. Rober

Rober Member

The thing with this change is that removed the ability to control the replays with the pedals, a neat feature from the pcars series.
    Doesn't bother me a lot because I don't spend a lot of time watching replays but don't understand why people have problems with the wheel in the UI either.