How to adjust brake pedal range

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Carlos Panades, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Carlos Panades

Carlos Panades New Member

I have a T500 wheel and pedals and I am actually using the original brake mod to my brake pedal and thus the pedal gets much stiffer than without the mod, becoming too hard to press it a 100%. I could not figure out a way to adjust the range of my brake pedal in game, so I can brake lets say 50% and the game recognize it as 100%. I do that in all other Sims I have. How can I do that in Automobilista?

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think there's 'range' option (like in rF2 and AC), but you can try the adjusting the Sensitivity (found in the Axis tab) to change/increase the slope of travel. Default I believe is 50% (straight slope), so perhaps try 100% and then decrease as you see fit.

3. Carlos Panades

Will try and will report if worked. Thanks

4. Carlos Panades

I tried what was mentioned above and didn't work so well. The bar filled only like 60% even pressing the pedal completely (with the brake mod on of course). Is there any workaround to get this working, even if I need a third part software?

5. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

You can try DXTweak2, I think it'll do what you want. There's also plenty YT videos on how to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You cant bring down the level of maximum braking like you can in assetto Corsa as far as I am aware.

7. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Logitech driver makes what you desire possible; perhaps you can look out for similar setting in Thrustmaster driver? Logitech screenies below (Axis properties menu).

profiler.jpg range.jpg

8. Carlos Panades

@Domagoj Lovric in T500 driver screen there is not such option. @macmaniacoes I tried DXTweak2 but seems like my pedals gives me inverted axis values and I have no clue how to setup them. Tutorials I watched seems to make it quite easy to understand how it work but with inverted values I could not set them correctly. Anybody can help?
    In the pics you can see the first is with idle pedals and second with the brake pressed fully. The brake mod is stiff and the brake pedal course is only about 35%.
    In tutos, the sliders moves from left to right but in case of my pedals they move right to left. Hope you understand.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

9. macmaniacoes

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• DXT.png
      DXT.png
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Carlos Panades

@macmaniacoes Hey thank you a lot, worked good now in DXTweak2. However, another problem showed up. I tried to delete my profile and the control profile I created in game, but still when I load the T500 profile, pedals are like in the image. Even when I reset all in DWTweak2.

11. Carlos Panades

Tried to delete the whole folder "Automobilista" in my documents, ran a verification of the integrity of files in Steam and tried to load all different T500 presets I found. Tried restart PC and also recalibrate wheel. Nothing worked. Unfortunately I will be away of the game because of this issue.

12. Carlos Panades

Tried to redownload the game from scratch, same problem. Pedals are messed up. Gas is set as Clutch and the other 2 are at 100% all the time after loading T500 preset. Need help.

13. macmaniacoes

Try creating your own profile in-game, you know, click on "Throttle" and press the pedal, then the brake, et cetera.

14. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Hi
    Go to thrustmaster support, there is a method of calibrating your brake pedal explained there.
    Think you should hold your brake pedal in the depressed position while the wheel is going through its calibration routine.

Cheers RWB Audi

15. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Found this at Derek Speare's site really helped me out, my G27's were way out. I have Bodnar cables but never found the right settings up to now.
    Info 3/4 way down the page, DXtweak2 Technical Guide - Derek Speare Designs

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member