1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crashes abound!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BistoKid, Jan 6, 2021.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

And I don’t mean car crashes!

Since last update I have had a torrent of system crashes, either multiplayer, single player, championship or time trial. It could be a vehicle selection or loading the track it is just so random.

Last night I was in double figures of crashes many bug splats too but not all.

Any thoughts on best next steps please?

Thanks in advance.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I will not say I have a lot of crashes - but AMS2 is the most unstable of the racing games I have installed.
    I have ACC, pCars2 and Raceroom.
    But only AMS2 does crash about once per day.
    Hehe but I admit that its a long time since I have started the others up:D
    In AMS2 It has allways been an issue when inside the load/save setup menu.
    And this is probably a heritage from pCars2 where the load/saving setups phase was also pretty unstable.:confused:
    But often also when I am about crashing the car on track - then the game does crash instead.
    But I guess that this part could maybe be the graphic driver that try to recover - or something:rolleyes:

3. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Thank you but this is the first time that I have really had such a bad issue, sure in the past I have had a few bug splats it’s just this is nigh on unplayable.

Perhaps I need to verify the steam files but I must admit that my GPU driver was recently updated.

Thanks all the same!

4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I've just had three bugsplats in a row trying to join my own dedi server.

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, V1.1 crashed my computer a few times, No bugsplats, but crashes that made my PC reboot never had this before V1.1, and don't have this with other games at the moment.
    Still not sure if it is AMS2 or something else goes wrong, but I only had this reboot-crash while playing AMS2
    It always crashes when I'm out on track.
    I downgraded video-driver and verified game files

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  6. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

It could well be my old system finally getting fed up of me stressing it out but to happen all of a sudden is odd.

@SaxOhare did downgrading video driver and verifying files work?

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One file was updated after the verifying game files, gforce driver 460.89 downgraded to 457.30
    I didn't have a crash since, but i only spend 1,5 hour in AMS2 afterwards, I'm not sure?

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

If you may please give us a much detail as you can about the crashes as you encounter them - system specs, content used, circunstance under which it crashed (loading track, while driving, in setup screen etc). Also worth checking your CPU / GPU temps after a crash as overheating can be a common source of game crashes.

9. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ve had a few crashes lately. Unfortunately, I didn’t collect the information you mention here, one thing I can comment on is cpu / gpu temperatures as I’ve been monitoring them (recent pc upgrades, so I’ve been looking at temps). Basically, neither my cpu or gpu ever go above 63’ (readings from hwinfo and Afterburner), so I’m fairly confident in saying in my case it is not temperature related.

If it happens again, I’ll try to gather pertinent info, from memory, one CTD happened during a public lobby race, just before race start (sorry, not very helpful!).

I also have suspicions regarding Nvidia driver 460.89, I’ll rollback to 450.xx.

Edit: Also never experienced crashes prior to 1.1.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey Renato thanks for responding.
    Bur wouldnt it be more productive to make the crash responding BsSndRpt64.exe more mandatory launched when we have a crash?
    This prog pops only up about 10% of the time where I have a crash - but instead of your proposed manual reporting of system specs and specially what happened in the game when crashing then I guess this prog is created for doing most of this automagically. ;)

ByTheWay: Only my AMS2 crashes are so crucial that when I get a black screen and try to start the Taskmanager to abort AMS2 then taskmanager is also blackend out before its possible to manually abort AMS2. So I allways have to manually completely restart the PC so everything (like temps) completely disappears. And to repeat myself this is only AMS2.:confused:
    Pre or post 1.1 doesnt matter for me (and my PC) :D

11. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

@Renato Simioni, Thank you for adding a comment, as @BrunoB says, most crashes cause a complete lockup without the ability to force close AMS2 as it takes over with black screen, you cannot task switch.

I am back on tonight, having validated files and reinstalled video driver, so far all looks good

12. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Was 4am when I initially posted but here goes:
    Setup:
    I7-6700K. MSI GTX 1080. 16GB Ram. MSI Z170A Mobo. G29.

I selected my dedi server, (Caterham superlight, Goiania, 1440 min practice) and as soon as I hit join, the game crashed to desktop with a bugsplat error. This happened three times in a row. About to start the server again named:
    '* TSR Test Day - Caterham Superlight | Default | Full Damage'.

Edit: I see you're out there testing... ;-) Good job. PS: No crash this time...Hmm.
    123.png

13. Lloyd Johnston

Lloyd Johnston New Member

Hi @Renato Simioni - I'm getting crashes when in the setups menus to change tire pressure etc in multiplayer.

I'm running:
    3090 24gb
    Ryzen 9 3950X
    128gb ram

no pc over heating.

I think it might be new after the 1.2 patch. - and i did delete my setups.

Just letting you know :)

Also im running:
    CrewChief and SimHub (for shackers and custom dash)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  14. Potato Player

Potato Player New Member

My game crashed when exiting a time trial and when I restarted my PC Steam had logged me out and deleted the entire game :mad:

15. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

I am also getting crashes in Setup menus. Particularly, the new Porsche GTE on historic Spa. Only started after the 1.2 update. Also deleted all my setups files, which fixes the crashing, however as soon as you start changing your setup, bam, game crashes.

16. Lloyd Johnston

Lloyd Johnston New Member

@SonicSabre I saved some setups and I think that's when the problem started - it seemed to work again after I cleared all my setups again so the folder was empty.