OSw users? (Lenze MCS12 29Nm, 12H15) how to install and setup for AMS?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by rocafella1978, Aug 29, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

anyone out there who could help me set this up for AMS?

(REIMER-Motorsports Lenze MCS12 29Nm, 12H15) how to install and setup for AMS?
    OPENSIMWHEEL V2 PREMIUM MCS12 29NM
    The OpenSimwheel Premium set is the high end product into the Direct Drive world. Direct Drives have everything from beltless to gearless computer steering wheels.
    The OpenSimwheel Premium is the advanced, high end product of the OpenSimwheels, which is entirely run on OpenSource. The steering electronics is operated on Granite Devices Argon and the steering wheel drive was created with a 3-phase AC servo by the company Lenze with their all new MCS12H15- model.
    This new servo reaches a peak torque of up to 29Nm and has a resolution of 16384CPR. The main feature of the Lenze servo is the resolution of the steering axle, which targets much more responsive steering, and Lenze also makes the self-damping as well as friction much lower, which enables a better and higher adjustability.
    The set consists solely of high quality industrial hardware.

any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

2. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hi rocafella ihave osw small midge 20nm on argon ..i set mmos to 5%filter 0%minimum force and 100%maximum force and 3 profiles for rotation ie 360.. 440 ..540and select what i want before going to the game .when you go to ams before selecting a car go to settings [top right corner] select controls select yes for steering range then the rotation you will use .so in game wheel is the same ..then the steering lock you want then the ffb strength you want and ffb low force to zero and i use 180 mhz pure .. remember you do not have the option for auto select for osw like thrustmaster logitec or fanatec so you must know what you want to drive and the rotation you want and set in mmos first and then in the the game .. hope this helps you if you have any probs feel free to ask just pm me .:) also in mmos i use a small amount of damper in user effects 15% and 5% saturation but you will have to set what you like and play with these settings a little to what feels good for you

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. denis dracup

also first time setup up your controls ie steer left steer right brake clutch throttle and buttons etc ect and save i use file name mmos but you can name what you like also when reiza has updates you may have to do this again if you lose these settings good luck

4. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

hi @denis dracup thanks for your reply and posting here to my questions, will surely do so and ask, it is great to know that there are people who can help and guide a new starter like me.

5. denis dracup

no probs if you need help just ask:) once you get osw working like a whole new game.. also from what i read on iracing forum the lenze may require more filter in mmos than the midge servo but try 5% first if oscilate try up to 10%..

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016