1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question reagarding AI GT3 Spielberg

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Cruiser, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys,
    I'm currently driving a lot of GT3 races in Spielberg.
    I'm not an expert in sim racing at all, but in the meantime I am able to win races even when starting from the last place with AI set to 110% and Aggression to 100% using the McLaren 720S.
    With AI setting to 115% I loose between 0.5 - 1 second just between sector 5 (Rauch) and sector 6 (Würth Kurve). In those two curves the AI is able to drive so much faster regardless of what setup or race line I am driving. The AI can easily overtake me in the inside of the first curve and it's impossible for me to drive the AI raceline with the same speed. As my best hot lap is a 1.29.014 I know there is still much room for improvement on my side (... topic of trail braking for example), but I am just wondering if the AI is becoming "supernatural" in this curves as I can really battle with the AI in all other sections of this track..
    What are your experiences?
    Thanks for your support.

[​IMG]

2. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I too have noticed that some corners, the AI is just very slow, Brands hatch T2 for example. I believe that the AI has to be manually "taught" a line around a track, including braking points. I would think this has to be done for every class and every track, so it's probably just a time consuming thing to do. If you mention this to them in the bug thread, maybe they will get around to this eventually?

I find that I have to really crank up the AI skill to compensate for some of these slow corners, but then it makes for uneven racing as they are way faster than me in some sections, and slower than me in others. Not by a little, which would be normal, but by a lot.

3. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI undergo frequent calibration, or callibration as Renato puts it :), so I would expect these quirks to be addressed over time. If it bothers you too much there are plenty of other tracks - I don't remember a sim with as many tracks in its base game and the variety and quality is stunning - but there's still more to do on the AI front than worry about a few odd corners.