1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your graphics settings and FPS

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Jan 3, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys just out of curiosity, thought it might be fun to see what everybody's settings are just to see how we all compare with in game performance. It is hard to know if your system is running well compared to others with similar specs so comparing to others may give some idea of your PC perormance. Mine is as follows, please feel free to add yours:
    GPU: RTX 3090
    CPU: AMD 5950X
    RAM: 3600 CL16
    Monitor: Acer predator X38P
    Pixel count: 6,144,000
    Refresh rate: running at 120hz
    In game settings: all on high / ultra, blur and DOF off
    Number of AI: maximum per track, all visible
    FPS: capped at 72, generally holds that at starts and through race. In replays it can drop into the 50's for the first lap when field is bunched up especially at night time.
    GPU Usage: at day during start usually in the 70% range, after the first lap drops back into the 50% range.
    In replays GPU Usage is usually at around 100% at start, fps can drop into the 50's and then back up to 72 after the first lap with GPU Usage in the 70's and 80's.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

All setting set to max but both reflections to high instead of ultra at 5760x1080 and I only race in heavy clouds from sunrise to sunset (I dislike the shimmering from headlights on other cars that comes at night) and get a solid 60 fps.
    I'm using my aging PC from 4 years ago now, lol .
    GTX1080Ti
    16GB 3200
    5760x1080 (6,220,800 pixels)
    Usually 23 Ai.
    Keep thinking about upgrading my rig but with this performance there is no need and by the time I do need to the 5060 will probably be faster than a 3090 at $400 :p
    nVidia made the 1080Ti fast for there own good if I can get 5 or 6 years out of it :D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

GPU: RTX 2080Ti
    CPU: 9700K @ 4.8GHz
    RAM: 32GB @ 3600MHz
    Monitor: Samsung G9 5120x1440
    Pixel count: 7,372,800
    Refresh rate: Monitor running at 240Hz
    In game settings: All on max, blur Off
    Number of AI: Maximum per track, all visible
    FPS: Uncapped and smooth as silk. Always race at 1400hrs with Clear, Light Cloud or Medium Cloud max(Weather system/night needs optimization) and only dips below 100FPS at race start, during race average ~ 120 FPS (takes a slight hit with medium cloud).
    No AI = 150+FPS
    GPU Usage: 97-99% @70C

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Eventhough my system is archaic AMS2 runs pretty smooth with about 60-90 fps in TT mode;)
    Performance+driverSettings.png

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I tried all sorts of combo's in NVCP trying to get better AA but nothing helped as far as i could tell other than to kill performance! Do you really find those control panel AA setting to improve the image?

7. BrunoB

To be honest I havent used a lot of time to nitpicking via a lot of A/B tests.
    But Im also honest when I say that the driver settings does a positive difference.
    And I guess also that teoretically they should.;)

The only thing I can say 100% sure because I have checked it throughly out is that if I instead of only enabling the SS thing in the driver tries to enable it inside the game is that it gives me a lot of nasty flickering both in the shadows and elsewhere.
    To the best of my knowledge then the settings in the driver is about maximum settings with the ingame settings of MSAA as a supporting setting.
    I have also tried to enable the 4x downscaling thing in the driver but it is hard to the fps and urgent I dont think the pic quality looks better.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: I guess also that its only because of my rather low/arcaic screen resolution that Im able to run these settings on a pretty basic GTX 1060:D

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. F1Aussie

That is good FPS at that resolution for that kit, thanks for sharing. The good old 1080ti still go well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. F1Aussie

That is very impressive performance for pushing that many pixels! Would be curious to know how many fps you would get starting a race from the back of the grid at night time. That monitor is a beast, I would have got one recently if I had the room for it. Got myself a 38" 1600p ultrawide and it is a great monitor.

10. F1Aussie

What monitor do you have? Haven't seen one with 1050 resolution before

11. F1Aussie

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@F1Aussie

• Like Like x 3
  13. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Gordie I have the same screen and video card. FPS very similar but cant keep GPU down at 70 deg my runs at 84 most times with manual fan curve. I have repasted the GPU to get some cooling improvement. Are you using maximum in game texturing filtering 16X ? I also have V synch off.

14. Wayne Whitmore

This is my manual fan speed curve. CArd runs at 44 when not using the game.
    upload_2021-1-8_18-16-18.png

15. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I wouldn't worry about 84 deg, it's designed to run at that temps. I think my temps are down to the case cooling I have - CPU is WC and vented via top of case, 3 x 120mm on front, 1 x 140mm rear which is vented via 100mm solid duct with inline 140mm fan out to lobby (wife wasn't best pleased when she found the grill behind a vase :D) also I have no heating in the man cave.

IMO good case airflow is imperative for these cards as they don't exhaust out the rear like previous generations so it's up to the case fans to remove the excess heat.

At the moment GPU is idling at 26 deg, room temp prob ~19 deg. I have afterburner fan control set to below and Power and Temp limit the same as yours with no OC.
    upload_2021-1-8_11-8-49.png

Does your GPU have twin or triple fans? It's triples on this Palit card.

In-game texture filtering is actually a good point though as I've found 4X to be the sweet spot for FPS and also have the NVCP texture filtering set to Performance.

Perhaps also worth mentioning that Power Management is set to Optimal in NVCP.

V-Sync also off here, actually used to use it before prior to latest monitor firmware but since switching to 240Hz it's been off.

Hope that sheds some light and makes sense :)

@F1Aussie will do that today and report back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BrunoB

Ahemm my good man.:whistle:
    Isnt it possible to get proper glasses down under?
    Check my specs in my post.

ByTheWay: Couldnt help it :p

17. Wayne Whitmore

@Gordie , man that is good temps. Yes agree with case cooling. My cpu has a EK water block on it with 3 X 120mm fans front mounted in case ,two 120mm top fans exhaust to top , and one 120 mm rear fan. All in a thermaltake case. My Aorus 2080 TI has two fans on the card.
    High ambient temps here in QLD so is always working pretty hard to keep things cool. Will check NVCP settings as well.
    Thank you for the reply.

18. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Well I guess that's one advantage of living in far north east of Scotland as apposed to QLD, I'll take that :D
    Can I assume the radiator is mounted on the front and drawing air into the case? If so that won't help GPU temps, radiators should vent out but I understand sometimes it's not so easy to get everything to fit and compromises must be made. As I mentioned previously though, wouldn't worry too much about 84deg unless it's impacting performance, which it doesn't appear to be if you get similar FPS etc.
    I get the feeling changing the power management to optimal will lower the GPU temp though.

19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Full GT1 grid of 29AI at Nurburgring Veedol, starting from the back, 2200 hrs - 90FPS on the grid.
    20210108132041_1.jpg
    Seen 130+FPS once field opened up a little and also down to 83FPS on main straight momentarily. So between 80-130FPS over the course of the 7 laps.
    Would expect you to get even better with a 3090 unless your CPU is holding it back but I'm no expert when it comes to AMD tbh.
    Those are a good size with great pixel density, would've gone for something similar myself but coming from 32" triples I couldn't sacrifice too much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wayne Whitmore

@Gordie , do your clocks stay high with the monitor set at 240hz refresh rate. Mine seems to. Top picture is with the monitor set to 240 hz. Bottom pic monitor set to 120 hz.
    upload_2021-1-9_0-7-41.png

upload_2021-1-9_0-8-46.png