1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I did change the bumps, but thought only slightly. Will be interesting to hear if others feel the same and on which wheel bases.

The FX slider only allows limited control of the road features, at fx 0, they are there 75%, and then goes up with the FX.
    This is so the FX slider, when used to lower engine vibes and scrub does not fully remove the road feel too.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I see, I was actually thinking I would like track bumps fixed or semi independent of fx, so in the file somewhere, there would be a value I can change to lower it from base 75 ?

3. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, you can change this line:
    (road_features (* (max 0.4 (min 0.75 gain)) road_features 1.2 (+ 0.75 (power fx 2))))
    to:
    (road_features (* (max 0.4 (min 0.75 gain)) road_features 1.2))

Then it does not follow fx at all and acts the same as if fx was set at 50% before, but still follows gain in the 40%-75% range.
    If you want it to follow gain 100%, you can change it to:
    (road_features (* gain road_features 1.2))

The reason it does not follow gain 100% is also a convenience feature, since some cars with high df are good at lower than 40% gain, and that would then bring the scrub & engine vibes down as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

@Kuku Maddog @Peter Stefani @Cully

I would be very interested to hear if the "high end" file feels as good as mid & low on your wheel bases?
    What might be better or worse in it etc.

I would like to make this be one file only, if at all possible, so this information would help a lot.
    Otherwise, which file with which modifications work the best?

Thanks,

-K

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kuku Maddog

yes thats better with decoupling FX, (I can see how that all links up with scrub etc in effects further down.).
    It was better at stock scales but much nicer with track bumps scale at 0.1, I can feel more tyre details now

25/50/50/50

6. Kuku Maddog

Ok, so with above Bumps mod applied pre test, High fells much the same but a little numb at same time, the most obvious differences are the active stretch and the centering plus a little front loading.

I had already experimented with a dash ( 0.1 ) of stretch in mid and felt it added something good, so i reduced high file stretch to 0.2 and i feel that made it more tactile when combined with a little Higher ( faster ?) center of 0.4

im not sure why but it may be placebo but i felt the oversteer effects where stronger ( less preferred) in High. but then i seen that the scale was 0.0 aswell , so dury out on that ..:D

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, so it seems that the centering needs to be higher than how it is in the high end file?
    And then possibly a small change to the stretch, as I understand you ended up on stretch scale 0.1?
    Am I correct?

How about these 2 in high:
    (exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.1)
    (exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df 0.2)

Are they better at 0.0, as they are in mid?
    Or do you not feel a difference?

8. Kuku Maddog

Sorry just shut down for night.

I’ve always preferred centre around that .4-5 mark.
    I haven’t gone into fine tuning of stretch , but felt that lower was better, but some was better than none.

I think front load exaggerate is probably still ok, it’s hard to tell in Ams2, was far more of a noticeable effect in the early pc2 days with the Indy car. but I consider it a bias of feel, and feeling more connected to the front is realistic .

FYI, for testing I’ve been in the 911 and mclaren GT1, the Gt1’s are semi high downforce and pretty lively and stiff.
    In something like the Caterham , I need to boost individual ( isn’t that handy now ) FFB to about 150% to get similar strength and feel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bm206

bm206 New Member

Thx for your answer!
    Can you please tell me what difference i should feel between the 2 files. I read many pages of this thread but didnt found an answer. I only saw low for logitech, mid for belt and high for dd?! mine is belt.

10. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg I tried the LOW for the G920, but wasn't satisfactory, so settled on the MID .36, and it was good, but made some adjustments for my own tastes.
    [​IMG]
    I usually run about 87-55-55
    Just to be clear: NAME: SlvRaw-King-v6.6.5.36-MomRk-5.2-G920

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Super, thank you Peter!

Do you know how big a difference there is between a G920 & G25/G27? If any?
    Also, I see you don't bring in the tigthen_range & tighten_falloff from the low end file, do they not help anything in the low file?

12. Karsten Hvidberg

@Kuku Maddog

I think I found the reason & medication for you feeling the grip loss too little. I'm thinking the grip loss will be felt less the higher the LFB is set, so I have a possible solution that possibly makes the file a slightly better overall at the same time. Testing is underway. If it works well I will post later.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have a G25 or G27, so I can't state anything about it. Regarding TR and TFoff. If you could explain in more detail exactly what these two functions do, or can do, I could try and see if they improve the G920 in any way. I'm willing to try anything to make the FFB better. BTBH, it's actually pretty damn good at this point.

Maybe the TRange and TFoff are similar to the old PCars values of DRR and DRF ?

14. Karsten Hvidberg

I am not sure.
    They are used by the tighten function, which is a way to further increase the feel at the very lowest end & seems to help on some bases.
    But if they don't really I would rather remove it completely.

15. Kuku Maddog

on the face of it they are essentially the same , but with these files in the last months i haven’t been using any tightening that i normally would with other files as it seems unnecessary due to the way lfb works to boost centre feel.
    And if i recall, the last time i tried it with my normal values it was overdone and brought in oscillations.
    so perhaps it doesn’t work the same.

@karsten , from my research the earlier G series have less deadzone than the G29’s due to straight cut gears

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

Hi guys ,,, i was just wondering where i can download the latest ffb file from ?

cheers.

17. Kuku Maddog

Page one , also has the instructions and key info that new users need.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheNormalOne

TheNormalOne New Member

I've been using V 6.6.5.26 for a while now, it worked for me out of the box on my G27. Now I tried the current .37, but it offers me too little, I say atmosphere. It feels like it is packed in absorbent cotton. Are the versions released in the meantime still available for download, I can't find anything. I think they were always attached to the first post. I am pretty sure that G27 and G920 G29 are identical in terms of ffb. The G25 has the same electric motors, but a different mechanics.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

19. Donato

Donato Member

@Karsten Hvidberg last excellent release, here CSW 2.5, in game:
    gain 75
    lfb 5
    fx 15
    damping 30
    Porsche GT3R
    Spa-Francorchamps

goooooodddd work!!!!!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

yo
    You might be able to grab 6.6.5.34 from my profile.
    I really like it and was the last of its generation so to speak. with a different damper setup for example.