1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Do you guys know that... there's actually an "experimental" moded car that runs in Automobilista 2? Look for it on GT Planet Automobilista 2 thread...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, looks nice. Can they do the 1970's cars next?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I tried it, it works well, FFB reacts a bit to harshly when the rear steps out I think, but hey, it's basically the first mod car for AMS2 :) Would be nice if the modding scene would do the odd car for AMS. I know VRC Modding Team did their Panoz LMP car for as a mod for pC2 in preparation of a possible version for AMS2.

As an aside, is there a way to do my own preview pictures, and maybe change the class the car is put into?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Looks pretty nice, not sure about the audio though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

7. 2ndLastJedi

I have no idea how to install this Porsche??
    It says i should have a JSGME.exe but i downloaded the bootfiles and car mod but neither has that?? Can anyone help?

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

You should be able to grab JSGME in loads of places. Its just a generic mod manager. Just google JSGME.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

Got it, thanks mate.
    Turns out this Porsche seems to be just a reskinned Porsche Cup car, well it sure drives and sounds like Reiza's Cup car.
    20210105172337_1.jpg

10. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure how to take the comment above.
    To be clear: the only thing the mod shares with the Cup Car is (slightly modified) sound. The physics of the car are custom made from top to bottom.
    Obviously there will be similarities in handling as in both cases we're dealing with rear-end-heavy 991 platform.

Preview pictures:
    align the car in garage to the desired angle, take a screenshot (repeat for all paint options), edit in Image Editor of your choosing preserving transparency around the car and saving as DDS DXT5 with interpolated alpha. Then, e.g. for the PDK, replace the images in GUI\vehicleimages\vehicleimages_GT3_2018.

Requests:
    The modding/conversion process is too work-intensive and time-consuming to do requests. I know everyone wants their dream car in game, but one only has so much free time.
    If you want an inkling of what's coming from PCMT then visit the blog. I plan on converting to AMS2 most of our PC2 mods.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, some nice cars coming then! Great stuff.

12. 2ndLastJedi

Sorry that I was wrong but in the quick 2 laps I did it felt very similar to Reiza's Cup car, from the similar FFB to the similar and (very much a Porsche trait) understeer and the AMS2 lack of full throttle oversteer even with no assists. I will have more time tomorrow to drive it more so maybe with more laps I will see more differences that I did tonight.

I'm happy that you have made this and to hear you will bring more over to AMS2 and I hope my I'll informed comment doesn't put you off modding AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gvse

No worries!
    Do try and change the setup of the cars: they are set up more for road use, with soft suspension and understeer-favoring differential settings. Increase power ramp, decrease preload, perhaps soften front ARB. I am a slow driver and with these default settings I manage clean Nords laps. That's me, though, and people's driving style varies.
    Other than that the unsatisfying power oversteer may be due to the ongoing development of differentials and/or tires.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your work!
    Suspension setup is very nice even if on the soft side for this kind of car.

Front track seems to be too wide so that the tires are colliding with the arches in bounce motion.

Some options in diff setup menu are ineffective since the related components are not set into the driveline entries (it would be better to add them for allowing some experiments and not confusing users anyway).

I suppose you used the tires from Porsche Cup... I would suggest to try different ones, since at the moment they seem to be among the least optimized options available in game and also visually the result is questionable (too flat).

Road tires from Camaro or Ultima would be a nice addition as well as an option since now thy work very well and appears as adequate for the vehicle you are representing.

Thanks again for the great work and for any further mod you’ll develop on this platform.

• Like Like x 3
  15. gvse

This has always been an issue with the Madness engine. I could set the height of the vehicle differently, but it would look bad.

do you mean the viscous diff? It's set to off in the chassis file, but sure, I can remove it completely.

The tires are GT4: hard compound slicks. Their width (at least in the rear end) corresponds to the 911.2 gt3 width. I want to avoid using soft slicks as that would put the vehicles in the race car territory, and that's not my intention.

As for the street tires, they will remain a bone of contention for now. In my opinion they still need more work as they don't provide adequate traction for the power generated by the cars (default street cars in game and my 911). I will be keeping an eye on them, but the plan is to (hopefully) add the street option once the supercar expansion pack becomes available.
    Btw, it's impossible to just add street tires as an option: it requires creating a duplicate of most elements of the mod car.

16. Stepy

Stepy Member

Thanks for all your work really nice car handles well,any chance of a prancing horse ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

G'Day mate, i'm really enjoying your Porsche GT3RS, thanks for your work. I've done the adjustments from the physic thread from @Avoletta1977 and opened the diff and well its a very pleasant car to drive. I'm not sure of any downsides to this adjustment but there must be some. Anyway i'm happy as is for now but will look forward to any updates and other cars you can bring.
    One thing that does bug me a little is the audio loop click this (and MANY in AMS2) has, if i hold 1st gear and drive at 25000rpm it is plainly evident. Hopefully this is something you can fix up.
    Thanks again mate.

18. gvse

I have yet to try the modification, but the day is looking real busy.
    Audio: there are limits to what modders can do here. Adjust limiter offset, engine pitch, volume of the engine, turbo and of the tranny, and that's about it.
    More cars are in development now, and so the 991.2 gt3 should have good competition in class track day b.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

GT3 with 25000rpm in first gear? Hell, what an engine :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, as I said there are MAJOR drawbacks due to the added inertia limiting the vehicle acceleration at low speed (it would have been just crazy on a limited power car).

Hopefully Reiza will release soon some additional developments in tire and diff area. ;)