1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    What are the three high/low/mid files for?Wich should i try for a TS-PC?
    I drive everything except modern F1 Cars.Wich file is best choice?
    I hadn't used your files a long time,but this different versions are new to me.
    Thanx for your files and help.:)

2. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Ray Sheppard
    Interested in 21, stuck on 31 here, could you upload it?

3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You're welcome Karsten! Thank you for all the invaluable work you have done here and with PC2.

You really need to watch in 8k to get the true effects of the super simple highlighter plugin. :)

But yeah, you hit the mark. You're situation is exactly what I had in mind when putting these together. Wanting to stay informed but don't have the time to watch a video or read the forums everyday...

In any event, I don't want to derail this important thread so I'll leave you all to it.

Thanks for all of your FFB work guys. Really. It can't be stressed enough.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure, file atttached. :)

BTW, previously I was using one of NuScorpii's old Heavy Messing files and I was really happy with it, but I read in this thread that a lot of people were loving Silver Raw v21, so I tried it, and I also love it.

I use the mid file with my wheel, and I changed the following:

(static_force_reduction 0.5)
    (static_force_reduction_hi_df 0.3)
    (scrub_scale 1.3)

I have a CSL Elite (PS4) and I use ~65/25/50/5 in game.

HTH Mikk.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

So I tried it and I honestly find the newer ones much better & more refined, but I think it's a "pop" thing. Just so individual how much we want to feel things and also ofc. depends hugely on the wheel base used.
    I will try and make values for the latest to pop the same way, then you'd probably like it more as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I
    didn’t find .39 too bad, hard to tell a lot of difference from .38 for me, though I did reduce master rack to equal .38 for consistency.

And as mentioned in last post on last page, the dead zone removal actually was a good addition once I got the right values.

7. Fizzy

Thank you Karsten, you must have the patience of a saint!

I will try your latest creation again later and post any pertinent findings...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Right, that's still in the file, just back to describing by values at the top.
    Or do you need the scoop in there too?

9. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Dady,

I would think mid or possibly high, but it's a matter of taste. Low might work for you too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kuku Maddog

i’m not sure. haven’t felt a need to add scoop. i normally only do that if the high load forces are too peaked as it has effects of soft clipping so can be good to bring force’s into line for my wheel.

i will experiment tonight.
    i imagine it will make for quite different slider values.

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Ray,

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on v49, you might want to up "suspension_scale" to 1.0 or 1.2
    And also use the fx slider for the rest.
    It would be hugely helpful to hear your refelction vs .21.
    I doubt you would prefer v21 of those 2.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth, I like v39 the most on the G29.

I tried the FCM program for the additional dead-zone and scoop settings but everything I tried made it worse than the original v39. Any dead-zone settings I used made the wheel vibrate like crazy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Great, thank you for posting!
    Which version of the v39 did you use? Low/mid/high?

14. sampopel

That was the Low file. For my tastes, it felt pretty good across the range of cars I tried, from GT3s, F3, German touring cars, Opala '86 and '79 Stock Cars.

I've been using your files for quite a few versions now and personally have found each to be an improvement on the previous. Great work!

15. Fizzy

Thank you. I will try it tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

wh
    what values did you try for deadzone removal and falloff?

17. sampopel

FCM calculated best deadzone removal as 0.14, so I tried that and values just above and below, using exactly 1/10th value each time for falloff.

I didn't perceive an obvious difference between using the range of values and all resulted in excessive vibrations, particularly on sections of tracks that are a bit bumpy (ie. if I let go of the wheel, it was thrashing back and forth like crazy).

18. Kuku Maddog

I think your Fall off is too low, fall off is the value that controls how fast the boost/ tightning falls away once normal force is taking affect again.
    I would try doubling it to 2 tenths , so say 0.027 or maybe even 0.03 while also going on click back on removal as you tried.
    and see if the oscillation's reduce
    Edit,
    you may even need to go further. in project cars i can get away with Fall of below 0.02., but ive found i need Fall off values of 0.04 to get oscillation's on bumpy straights down to virtually unnoticeable in this title with these files.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sampopel

Yeah, I tried a few more extreme falloff values and eventually got the vibrations to go. That said, I'm not sure I perceive any difference between having this line in the code and not, at least not with file v39. I'll try a few more main deadzone values again and see if I notice a difference.

What are the scoop values supposed to be for? The FCM program gave me "best" values of:
    scoop knee: 0.53
    scoop reduction: 0.53

So I added the line:
    (output (scoop output 0.53 0.53))

but (a) I'm not sure if that's how I'm to use the values and (b) I have no idea what difference in the feel I should be expecting to feel.....is it something in the mid-range of the steering rotation?

20. Kuku Maddog

Woah slow down, just focus on if the deadzone removal is working for you, you should feel just a little bit more weight or solidness closer to centre than normal.
    Ive got mine working ok at 0.11 0.04 . which is quite different than normal of around .012 0.02.

The scoop is not needed until the end, once you have your baseline scales how you like.
    Ive literally just added scoop into the equation for the first time in this file system , and im liking it , it changes the overall curve and strength , for me it makes the variance between light forces and peak forces closer in a way. The peak forces stay within bounds so to speak. and takes away jerkyness i feel.

Ive had to double my gain value to get overall feel back, but its great for me anyway.

Edit

actually I’m not sure now, it felt good first time, but I’m really struggling to dial in the sliders to get what I need. It’s perhaps not a good idea.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021