1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would be very careful with such "improvements". If random weather can turn part of a track to an undriveable puddle (which in reality would see the race red flagged) then that can ruin a race and discourage people from running random weather in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

A big congratulations on not just the latest update but all the efforts so far. I decided to give the Stockcar 2020 series a go this morning never having been interested in them much before. A singleplayer test at the first circuit in the series and mind blown. Get the car and track combination right and AMS2 has no equal. Some cars still have a few issues (F3 at Curitiba onto the final back straight it feels like the front is revolving around the back of the car rather than the other way around), so atm its prob a good idea to experiment with cars/series/tracks that are outside your comfort zone. Also had a CTD this morning after clicking on 'Drive', but small issues compared to rfactor 2's new UI for example. Im optimistic for the future, and fingers crossed for a good singleplayer career mode eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It would need to go hand-in-hand with the red flag "option" the post above me mentioned, as much is true.

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB warning for DD wheel users !!!
    The Formula-Retro starts moving by itself when you try to drive in the rain, even before you click drive.
    As soon as you enter the car and engage first gear the car goes mad, and your steering wheel goes wild with it.

20210114114821_1.jpg 20210114114958_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Why don't you exercise that care by trying it and see if your theoretical fears exist in practice - then report back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This is from pC2 livetrack blog post
    "
    • Rain is localised on the track. The weather system simulates rain clouds that vary in size, starting point, and direction they move in. This is also influenced by wind direction. As these clouds move around the track environment, they will expand or shrink in size, overlap or disperse, spread out and move independently from each other. Areas under these rain clouds will receive rainfall, meaning that in some especially larger track environments, you may well find that some parts will be wet, some completely bone dry. Overlapping rain clouds, meanwhile, will result in heavier rainfall
    Insider's Guide Episode 27: LiveTrack 3.0 and Weather Evolution

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I ran rain races against the AI some updates back (various classes, GT3/P1/Fusca/FTrainer). My experience was that the AI was 3-5 seconds/lap slower than me in light rain conditions, when in the dry they had roughly the same pace or slightly faster, which made the races meaningless. Also, until the track got really wet and puddles formed, it was possible to push with soft slicks on the P1's with no problems, riding the kerbs etc. while never being in risk of spinning.

Maybe these issues have been fixed since then, but if they persist I would hesitate to enable random weather.

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I was surprised to see the McLaren F1 road didnt have a working light on the dashboard at night.

By the way, i love the gravel trap on the left here, it really sticks the car and is rather difficult to get out ;) Just how it should be, possibly a bit to easy still (but it is a game :p
    20210114174025_1.jpg

And also the left inside mirror isnt aligned properly.

20210114173931_1.jpg

9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see, it should not take too long till we get the karting track :D
    ss131400.jpg
    @Reiza: I love to get tracks which give you the feeling you are there. But must everything be like in real? Is it possible to get some spectators around the Spa track? It must not represent the 2020 Belgian GP....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to see 'Random Wet', 'Random Dry', Random Wet > Dry', 'Random Dry > Wet' as choices to expand on just 'Random'. There are times when you just fancy a wet or dry race, but would still like to benefit from the way the weather system brings things to life.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do not understand what several dashboards show as split times.
    Can someone help?
    Why shows dashboard +5.76 but HUD +19.906 (I had a spin)?
    timing.jpg

12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that's a great idea.

To expand on that: Sometimes, you just want a very short period of rain, so that dries will be the riskier choice, but save a pit stop, and wets are the clearly better option for the time being, but cost time in the pits (think F1 Brazil 2012, or F1 Nurburgring '99 conditions), because it will inevitably be dry once again in a few laps.

To achieve that, you could go for a "percentage" system instead of the four slots. So, you've got a 100% distance slider for the race, and can add weather periods by percentage.
    (Extreme) Example:
    10% of the race distance overcast, then 5% of the race distance light rain, then 35% overcast, 5% light rain, 5% heavy rain, 35% overcast, 5% thunderstorm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a race at spa tonight and I reckon it is a stunning version, the best I have seen. I wonder if all tracks will get this treatment...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know what the 12.7mb update is that followed the game update to version v1.1.0.4.1447(Do I need to reset defaults again)?

15. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The track artists (Ilka?) really do a phenomenal job ...actually, come to think of it, so do the whole Reiza team!

Edit: speaking of tracks, can anyone tell me the relevance of the monkey signs at Velo Citta?

• Like Like x 2
  16. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the issue here is that your HUD is showing the delta to your best lap while the car's dash is probably showing a delta to your last lap. Might be wrong, though. Would have to test it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I know in the Porsche GT1 the dash delta is showing per split.. I wonder if the McLaren is doing the same...

18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I mispoke there a bit as it isn´t the case only with light rain actually, but with the higher settings having a larger range of precipitation, you´re less likely to have dry spots - it is however indeed still possible to have parts of the track soaking wet with puddles, with others only partially damp as you describe.

It´s somewhere on the feature wishlist, just above sending users to the hospital for a few months following a hard crash :p

As with other previous releases, they´re a bit slow to arrive but they will come ;)

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

FREIO.png
    Just a bit of unique track charm as per the real thing :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
  20. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A couple os builds back someone asked about the rubber being laying down on the track but I didn't find any answer.

I've being trying to run complete weekends and long races with 30 cars, but I can't tell if the track is getting more rubber or not (visually and grip wise).

If its really running, I think it could get up a notch.
    Also would be nice to have the option to choose the track state before a session and have it in the UI in real time (like track temp, wind etc.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1