1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That said.. Would be cool if you crash in P or Q and the damage is too heavy you cannot attend to the race, etc. Would be so amazing. Specially in MP, so people won't go flat out for that best lap. I often experience people going flat out in Q, but when the race happens they crash, are all over the place or can't even finish the race.

Or if the crash is so severe you're dead, or have an injury and cannot race for a couple of weekends. Hmmmm

• Like Like x 4
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe there's some weather like in southern Germany, snow, ice, accidents, blocked streets,...
    Holy, I like such conditions :D
    Especially with my RWD and manual H-pattern gearing, just turn off traction control and have fun :)
    And now, REIZA, please bring back Dirt-series and BUSKERUD ICE ;)
    Great and perfect job as always!

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It does - if you keep track progression sync´ed to session distance you´ll see and feel the buildup more noticeably. However the track state is reset at the end of every session, so even on a race weekend qualifying and race is run with a "green" track - this is one of the reasons we´ve kept the range of track progression a bit more narrow, with green not being quite so green - making track progression cumulative over the race weekend is up high in the prio list, should happen within the next 2 months.

It could be interesting indeed.

Have I mentioned we have an interesting career mode in the works? :whistle:

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 6
  4. alink

I don't want to die, but having a damaged car which is not repairable so your race weekend is finished, that would be great. The same, time should elapse if you change something on setup, so timing has more relevance

• Like Like x 2
  5. Marius H

Come at me, bro! I am really interested. Wanna smell the amateur-racing of Brasil and UK, and many more. Driving cars I do not tend to drive lots and many more. Wanna face consequences as well. ironman-mode or so. No restarting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. alink

Sounds interesting:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice, also when you "go back to pits" in quali and practice from anywhere in the track, it should not be possible to go back on track immediately. In the very least, simulate the time needed for actually driving back to the pits. Plus a small time penalty maybe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I’d like to request the function of liking a post twice

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. TheM4fun

TheM4fun New Member

------------------------
    Career mode in single player or multiplayer?

10. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes please! I'd also love it if we can get the Kansai (Suzuka) karting track available too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just hypothetically ... think about a 60's/70's F1 career mode where heavy crashes can actually kill you and thereby end your career.

Not saying it's a must have feature, and of course you should be able to deactivate it, but ... this would be the closest anyone's ever come to simulating the true danger of the cars in that era.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Waiting for Tykki to make a comeback. Fingers crossed that the upcoming Adrenaline DLC holds the keys.

No comment on this except that I'm getting strong My Summer Car vibes right now. If this ever happens I want there to be bees so one can hit your face at 300km/h. Those who have played that hardcore simulator know.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marius H

Would love some more hardcore stuff. It's know in Rally'simulators' you can hit a tree, and continue racing like nothing happened, except for RBR, ofcourse. (and some circumstances in Dirt Rally.) I would love this in AMS 2 as well. So during P and Q we have to feel these consequences if we slip and hit a rail, etc. We will see. I am excited.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That'll be my career over during first qualy session every career :rolleyes:
    Good idea though as people would have to think about safety and have a constant sense of danger instead of sending it every time.

To add to the idea, some non-career ending injuries such as broken bones that would eliminate from participating at next event etc. would be good too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jefka

Jefka New Member

Great job with the latest patch Reiza, this one seems to be quite a leap forward removing some of the weird behaviours I came across in previous versions. Especially the sudden midcorner oversteer. I'm not technical enough but what I read about the diff problems some reported it made sense, with the latest patch however those cars where I experienced this behaviour are now much more predicable in a "feels realistic" way and much less frustrating because of it. I like it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. alink

Yes, the HUD shows split to best lap.
    Dashboard, mh, wether to last nor to best lap. I think it shows the split to the best sector time I have ever been setting. So it's hard to understand what it is really showing, I am faster or slower than my best lap?
    I.e. in your first timed lap, you spin in sector 3. In your 2nd lap, you spin in sector 1. In sector 1 you get a +10.000 split. But in 3rd sector you suddenly have a -2.000 split although your complete lap time might be 3sec higher.
    It's a really strange thing and I can't work with it. Maybe @Reiza can clarify anytime...

• Like Like x 1
  17. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Very nice update.

Is it possible to bring the sound revisions to the F3 and to all the old F1 cars (my favorites)?

Good improvement on the physics too. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that a definite fix for the differential locking issue is the key to stop the AMS2 physics criticism we read sometimes.

Thanks, Reiza, for your hard work.

• Like Like x 2
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'd love a hardcore mode as well, and don't think it would need to be complex to increase immersion.

Something like:
    • Moderate speed impact with static object automatically ends your session
    • High speed impact has added chance of driver injury - resulting in ending your race weekend and/or chance of missing subsequent rounds
    • Extreme speed impact has added chance of driver death
    • Hardcore Realism mode automatically saves at the end of each session
    • Player is not allowed to restart session
    A 'Hardcore Mode' check box under Single Race / Championship allows players to opt in / out.

This would greatly increase immersion for me, adding weight and significance each time I leave the pits.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the injury and death thing is a bit over the top and may affect the game rating too?
    I agree that damage should either end your session or at least allow you to lose time in the session so you can't return directly to the pits and come out straight away again. I think some other Sims in the past allowed you to come out after damage again but the time for the session has reduced in the meantime.
    Oh and Reiza patches / hotfixes are a lot more substantial than rf2 build updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why an optional setting would affect the game's rating?

Motorsport sims are all about immersion and sure - a realistic simulation of physics, sounds and modelling certainly provide this.

But 'consequences' are also a crucial aspect of the sport - which is something missing from most sims. Being able to fall back on a 'Restart Session' button takes away the notion of consequences which changes the behaviour and phycology of the driver (for me anyway - maybe I have issues)

Having real consequences for your actions (as an option) would change the way I drive and handle certain situations and overall enhance immersion.

Agree with you here. And thanks Reiza for the update.

• Like Like x 2