1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roaring engine in pit menu is a pain in the xxxx

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Thomas Lund, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund New Member

Hi folks,
    how can i shut off the engine sound while I am in the pit menu?

thx
    cheers
    Thomas

2. psone

psone Guest

turn the engine off. :whistle:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund New Member

works only, when you click "drive". If you go to pit menu, engine starts again. :whistle::mad:

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey Thomas are you sure its not one of the annoying drones you can hear?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund New Member

LoL, not realy man.
    In real its much louder than on video. Two of my Friends have the same Prob.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I honestly tried to hear anything else beside the starting car engine.
    But couldnt.
    So until any counter proof I believe its some of the annoying flying drones you hear.
    If Im right I agree its a pest:mad:

EDIT: After re-reading your posts Im not sure if you just are annoyed that the car engine decide to start when the car are left in the garage.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That's just what happens when you return to garage. Upon loading in, the car is off and when you head out you can hear the engine turn on. When you return to pits, it will be in neutral, idling and doing noise. The volumes applied are the ones from the settings so maybe lower the game volume generally. I run my game volume lower so discord and other programs run at normal volume and thus can keep the headset volume high.

It is not a bug in any case.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund New Member

Definitely no drones. Its the car engine . Ijust want to turn the engine of while i am in the Pit/setup menu.

I know what happnes. Volume changing isnt an option for me. I want to turn the enginesond of, while i build my setups, or go to got some coffe or redwine ;)

I`m on simracing since 2009. rFactor, rFactor 2, GTR, PCars, Assetto and so on. I never had a Problem like this.

9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I get it but for now what I proposed is the only alternative. Maybe suggest the change in the latest release thread.

10. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund New Member

change will be great shriukan, thx

11. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

I don't understand why the cars engine is running in the pit garage in the first place, H&S issue, Exhaust fume build up, Security, etc. I have Ignition & Start buttons mapped to my wheel, and they work.

We need an option of "Yes/No Auto Start Engine", Better if we have no Auto Start altogether.

The only Person Starting the car should be me.

Just to Add, If their is a start engine process beyond ignition/start in some cars, I would like to see this implemented in those cars. (edited for Immersion).

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. psone

psone Guest

@Jason Pladoh It's true imagine the carnage. :eek:
    There is an Auto Start Engine option in gameplay it just doesn't seem to work quite as you would expect it to or at all...

@Thomas Lund I am so very sorry for poking fun at your issue. My only suggestion would be to turn the volume down when you're in the pits. It is literally 3 clicks to get from the pit menu to volume slider(which in fairness would be more useful if it was an actual slider). Or you could bind your computers volume keys to something close at hand, it seems like you're within arms reach of your computer so that's handy. Failing all else you could drive a car with an idling sound that is more to your taste. Like the Ultima, AMG GT3 or the Super V8.

I'm sure its just a simple change in logic to fix auto engine start and disable the engine when in the pit menu, but you might be waiting for a while as there doesn't seem to have be a huge outcry about this so far. It might be a ways down their to-do list if its on it at all. Then again maybe they'll see this thread and think 'oh that's an easy one...i'll change that now.' In the meantime the onus is on you to come up with a solution, lest one day in a fit of ARC idling induced rage you try to forcefully push your wheel through your monitor.

13. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund New Member

Volume down, volume up on every pit stop while working on setup......no way.

We wait until this is fixed and drive as long other sims......if not.......40 Euros are gone

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would say bind one of your keys to mute sound. That way, you can just hit a key when you start playing with setups and then hit it again, when you're done. If you're willing to not play a game at all because of sound, you may just not enjoy the game enough even with a sound "fix", which is perfectly fine, in my opinion.

For me... I'm constantly adjusting the volume of my speakers (on the speakers themselves), between sims and other gaming. It's kinda part and parcel of consuming any media that has sounds. Watching TV and having commercials blast at you is the worst offenders of that, but that's why I use the mute button on my remote :)

• Like Like x 2