1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

If you create a cam disconnected from the car, above , floating ( like no legacy) you have a car moving and cam not moving, is very difficult (i thinks), create a view without moviment. Perhaps a fake cookpit viev disconnected from fisic.

2. chabalian

chabalian New Member

With the helmet camera, to avoid too many jerks and bounces, here are the settings I use:
    -1- First, launch the game in -VR automobilista mode- (I don't have a VR, I play on an ultra-wide screen)
    -2- Open: Options - Camera
    -3- Field of view: sensitivity <NO
    -4- Configuration:
    High speed shake <OFF
    Head Movement - 0
    Use Legacy - NO
    G-Force - 0
    Show Helmet - NO
    Helmet depth - NO
    Helmet to apex - 0
    Helmet leaning - 10
    Camera leaning - 10

Enjoy!
    No-Bump-No-Shake-Camera.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Are you saying you play in VR mode all the time, or just to make this adjustment? I also use an ultrawide, so interested to try out whatever you are doing.

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I also think we got dizzy and motionsickness cause we tend to set our FOVs, which means the dashboard will be closer, but since we see the car only from our screen the bumps, the rattles, the shaking makes us feeling like we are gonna vomit. We do not see stuff in our peripheral vision and many more. If you increase the FOV it will get less realistic, but you will also feel less motionsickess.

Same thing happens to me when I drive Argentinia in Dirt Rally 2.0. Cause our view is limited by the realistic FOV-setting we get sick when a track or car is shaking madly.

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Maybe we need a "Damping" filter setting (like with ffb effects) for the view. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. chabalian

chabalian New Member

Yes indeed, I play in VR mode all the time because I realized that the player's virtual eyes (which actually represent mine) have a much more realistic attitude. Try and adopt. Take care of yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Well, I don't even have an option to launch in VR mode. How/where do you activate that if you have no VR equipment attached?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beccobunsen

when you start the game in stream, a popup came

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. bigpig

bigpig New Member

Haven’t touched ams2 since October due to the camera shake/road bumpy problem. Tried the latest version last night. Same as before. So for now just leave it to Reiza to figure it out,I am sure Reiza is capable. I have acc/rfactor2/raceroom/f1 2020(probably does not count as sim) . None of them give me the shake problem. Maybe Reiza can benchmark and figure out an option that look similar to other sims, albeit may not be true to real world but playable for us sensitive car sick people-)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Beccobunsen

Seriously I can not fully understand where the problem is, I have done various tests, I posted a video where the horizon does not move. For me and much more shaky Rf2, will it be my single monitor setup? the same thing with the engine fx, I very rarely hear pop, crakcle and distortions that some of us declare unbearable, even that will be a driver or audio hardware problem?
    I do not say this by diminishing the opinion of anyone but to go to the root of the problem

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so so much, This has transformed the game for me, as a contact lenses wearer with Keratoconus , the constant rapid movement of horizon or general view was causing a lot of strain and fatigue , not to mention distorted distance views, This Hack has taken that away and delivered me better graphics and smooth viewing .

Ive personalized the leaning to suit me
    Helmet to apex - 1
    Helmet leaning - 2
    Camera leaning - 0

Gives a less exaggerated feel that leads my eye movement for me anyway. I'm sure others will fit to themselves .
    Im running a 32" Curved, non wide or standard monitor.

@Renato Simioni needs to look into this. its a game changer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree it would be useful to see some videos of the extreme examples people seem to be experiencing. Could be a combination of very low FOV or other view settings, certain tracks that are very bumpy (Adelaide, Goiania, Montreal), certain cars that tend to bounce a lot (Stock Car), or some other issues.

13. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this the exact line of code to input in Steam ?
    -VR automobilista mode-

14. Kuku Maddog

I didn’t do that as I wasn’t clear on it, so I just launch game from steam and it gives options to start in different mode. I used the middle one like in picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Kuku Maddog, I selected Steam VR to start AMS2, and it actually stopped the world from shaking. The open wheel car/s still bounce, some more than others, but at least I won't get a headache anymore from my eyes continually trying to focus and re-focus from the world shaking.
    And just to be sure, I adjusted the FFB all off completely to make sure there was not any influence on the wheel bouncing, and it made no difference with it all off.
    I can deal with the wheel bounce for now until it's corrected/adjusted, but at least I won't feel sick anymore from the world shaking.

• Like Like x 2
  16. chabalian

chabalian New Member

Yes it is that.

17. Kuku Maddog

so if
    we put this into starting options. it will make it work from shortcut rather than steam?

18. Marc Collins

I have no options for VR in Steam and if use that code or just plain -VR as a launch option I still have no options for VR in AMS 2.

???

19. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Do you have SteamVR installed? - SteamVR on Steam

20. Kuku Maddog

h
    ave you tried starting from steam and selecting steam vr in pop up