1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Championship question and advise for Reiza

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Stef van Remy, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy New Member

Heyho,

I do have a question regarding the custom championship. As I wanted to start with the Stockcars (Brazilian Championship) of 2020 I was very disapointed when there was a mandatory pitsop where the AI did not do anything but stopping for a second and going on with the race. No tyre change at all. So I did end up last and so I did spent 1 hour for nothing.

Ok, so I changed to Stockcars 2019. Same procedure.

Is this intended to be like it is ? So I do not need to change any tyre ? Just going to the pits for stopping one second ? I can not imagine this.

Why is there such a big difference between Stockcar 2020 (CRAP!!!!) and 2019 (COOL !!!) ?

And why the hell is no info about mandatory pistop given when starting a championship. Please please please please please REIZA do not do the same mistakes as all those other studios ....LACK OF INFO !!!!!

When you offer a custom championship please give in short form the rules which you did set up as mandatory pistop and so on. Please give info about the fuel usage of AI for example. Is AI always using full fuel load for race , no matter what ? And so on. I am done with testing everything 100 times to figure out what gives me the best experience with AI.

Please dear Studio REIZA be different than all the others cause I really like a lot what I have seen and tested so far, so go on with your good work + 1% ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll agree that there's a place for improvement. While I bet brazilian studio and local players will be very knowledgeable with rules and regulations in brazilian series, but for many others across the globe those rules are completely unknown and entire series is somewhat exotic.

Even for more worldwide series, such as Formula 1 Formula Ultimate or F3 it would be good to get a reminder of what's the format of the race and what are the requirements. We can always search for rules online, but on the other hand we won't know which of those rules are part of the championship that's implemented in-game.

Now I'm off to get some races underway :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

Admittedly, even though I'm familiar with the ruleset of the Stock Car series, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is the strat the AI uses so my pit stops can be made accordingly. At first I did try refueling and tyre changing, and lost a ton of positions. Tried doing nothing at all during the stop, and my stop was way faster.

For reference, in real life Stock Car, drivers have to juggle their fuel levels with the notions that they have to pit during both races each weekend, and the fuel carries over from one race to another, so it gets super technical. Same goes with tyres. In many races, only a single tyre is changed to save some time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I was also wondering about the AI and their pit stops. I did a 40 lap race at silverstone and I had accelerated tire wear on.

Since I couldn't hold enough fuel for all 40 laps, I loaded only enough for 20 laps, and since I know that with accelerated tire wear, they won't last a full 40 laps, I set the pit stop to change tires and load 20 laps worth of fuel.

Should I assume the AI thinks the same way? How is the AI programmed for pit stops? Maybe we should change this thread title to AI Pit stops and get some good information going here for future reference.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ControlLogix

Question about championships: Is a pit stop mandatory for every race? If I put the race length down to 20%, do I still have to make a pit stop?

Edit: Nevermind didn't even make it that far. Started a GT1 championship, qualified, started the race and the timer never started once the race began. Race ended after 1 lap lol. Time for a bug report.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  6. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this probably doesn't help but if you run a 100% race I think everything works out correctly, so maybe they just need to tweak the AI when you are doing 50%, etc... not just fuel usage but tire strategy etc..
    I usually play full length races so in the first championship (World GT I think it was), the first race was 3 hours long. All wear settings at normal, no forced pit stops. It was actually perfect. AI stopped about an hour in (we all had to because after an hour we're all out of fuel) and I don't know if they got tires but they had to refuel fully.. I switched to my AI driver and he/she drove for an hour while I took a break lol.. then at hour 2 I told my AI driver to pit, I took over and finished the remaining hour. I loved it (except for the fact that it rained at the end and I lost too many positions lol).

• Like Like x 3
  7. ControlLogix

Cool I never thought about switching to the AI driver during a long race lol. But I like the idea of putting the race length down to about 20% because I don't usually have 3hrs to spend racing most nights. Hopefully this bug gets squashed in the next update. The AI is pretty fun to race against now.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see fuel and tyre multipliers like in other Sims, this usually forces the AI to follow similar strategies to the players otherwise they run out of fuel or tyres

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Excuse my ignorance, How do you switch to AI? Are there any key binding to do that?

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jeff Scharpf

Once you're on the track, when you look at the pit strategy (bring up the pit options default key is something like the up arrow on my controller) and choose "adjust strategy" or "change strategy" (sorry can't remember the exact words).. but where you would for example, change to wet tires, etc..one of the options near the bottom is "Change driver" or "Switch driver".. I wish I was in my game I just can't remember the exact wording. The next time you pit, just sit back and relax.. the AI driver will take over. I don't know how good it is supposed to be, but my driver seemed to hold about the same lap times as I was running.
    I walked away for an hour, came back, and when I saw he was low on fuel, selected the same option, turn "Change Driver" ON again so it would switch back to me, then called for a pit stop.
    In my last few races this worked great and I really enjoyed a long 3 hour race without spending 3 hours behind the wheel :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  11. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Thank you!! I remember now that option and where it's located. I always tought its intention was to change human drivers in an online race :confused:

Now I can finally take some rest on 2+ hours races :D

12. Jeff Scharpf

or 24 hours lol

13. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I discovered this option as well. I was wondering what the hell happened, why am I not driving? lol. It's pretty cool though...sit back and enjoy the view. They should have me sitting on the passenger sit as a passenger though.