1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Can someone confirm something that Ive noticed where the short replay during a race removes the buildup of water on the track? I think it removes the rubbered line too but so far Ive only really noticed the effect in the wet..
    It was a problem that existed in PC2 but I was hoping that Reiza had pulled a rabbit from the hat on this one..

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I joined a few servers these days in PC2 just for fun.
    I think your friends need more popular tracks like Monza(whether we like it or not), Daytona(really hoping for a surprise release by Reiza hese weeks, who knows anything can happen :p! ), Road America, Long Beach these seem to be most popular tracks in PC2 aside those we already have in AMS2.
    Also if you join a GT3 server you will notice that out of 16 cars 10 are Ferrari 488. Personally I would prefer the old 458 GT3 but the point is I think we also need a Ferrari in the GT3 class.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly same here, after more than 3000 hours in MAS2, now made the move to AMS2. More and more people are slowly following..

Here are the most commonly used tracks in PCARS2: Project CARS 2 PC Leaderboards

I think we need another dozen mainstream tracks in AMS2, then there will be not much reason left to stay in other sims. Well, and a career mode probably and some more cars, bu I think tracks is the most important aspect.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

9 of the top 20 are in AMS 2 !! That's pretty good, and 6 of the top 10 :eek: and 4-5 of the top cars also in AMS2 ;)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not sure what this means? If you pause during a race and watch a replay, when you go back to the track, the water and rubber is not preserved from the point you hit pause?

6. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I count 10 tracks of the Top 20 and Long Beach was already on a screenshot, so 11 than;)

But AMS2 has Interlagos, Kyalami, Montreal, the more accurate Suzuka, Jerez, VIR and so many of the mostly great South American tracks not in pCars 2. For me there is more regarding car content missing, since I prefer Vintage, Super-and Hypercars, but 2021 has just started:rolleyes:

PS: I forgot Adelaide:cool:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

What has happened to race controlled flags?? I have flags and penalties set to on but don't get yellows ! I may get a green at race start and maybe blues for slower cars but yellows are definitely missing!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

@Leynad i missed Imola :rolleyes: and yep to Long Beach coming ;)
    Personally i'm happy with one great car but many many tracks ;) Give me street circuits like Long Beach, Detroit and some super bumpy tracks like Sebring (we have Adelaide) and i'm wetting my pants! That's why i wish we could get Salvador back from AMS1, it surely would be a cheap license but such a fun little track!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

Velo Citta , this poor Opala is getting hammered in the pits !!!! Not sure why but there is this big noise and as i drive past i notice this guy having a fit!!
    20210120161800_1.jpg

A few moments later!!
    20210120162826_1.jpg

20Ai

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yes. It's effectively resetting the livetrack feature and has quite a marked effect on grip levels for the player.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sunscreen, please report it as a bug in the official bug report thread:
    Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

It can be a bit difficult for Reiza to notice a bug report hidden in between all the posts in this thread where beta testers are bragging about their "hours played" stats ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. cpcdem

Indeed, and if I remember correctly that's due to LiveTrack and memory limitations, because the track state needs a lot of memory to store, and maintaining two states, one for the replay and another for "realtime" would double that amount. Not sure why they didn't just "freeze" the track state during the replay though, it's anyway only two minutes allowed...

Anyway that was also because PCARS2 needed to run in (prev-gen) consoles as well, where available memory is small. But since AMS2 runs only in PC (and possibly in next gen consoles in the future), I am sure there are solutions for that, like just using additional memory, or saving the track state to disk etc...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

The AI simply do not make mistakes as they are not "humans" like in Rf2..lol.:D
    So no Yellow,yellow,yellow is needed.:)

14. cpcdem

Indeed, now it's more than 10 out of 20, but on release there where only 2 out of top-10, and up till just a few months ago it was 4 or 5 out of top-20. And I am not sure if most people do know that Red Bull Ring does exist in AMS2. Now content is a lot wider than on release, quality of most of it is getting better and better, so I think there's some marketing needed to let people (those who are not following the youtubers) know that is AMS2 now has plenty regular and well working content. Well, it's also up to us to spread the word...

And Estoril! :)

And some of the completely unknown to many people South American tracks are I agree fantastic, but you need to first lure people in with popular content, in order to later discover also those great tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Done- thanks for the link :)

16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

We had yellows on map, online last night 10 players and 10 ai.

Edit I have to add that the yellows remained, as member 1 was tapped by member 2, lap 1 and went of track, then waited for several laps on grass bank to then attack member 2 in final stages of race, and ending his race (names withheld)
    Its the first time I have seen this behaviour in my sessions and it was a shame.

Was a great race for most. GT1 vs P1 and grats to Marco in P1 beating me in the Gt1

17. 2ndLastJedi

They sure do make mistakes in AMS2 !! Set them to 103/100 and you will see them take each other out, go wide onto the grass and come back on dangerously !

All these cars damaged are Ai caused by the number 3 Merc (on the pit wall facing wrong direction) going on to the grass and rejoining into the pack !! Im the white number 1 BMW close to camera and for a laugh look at pit entry and see if you can see the Merc that thinks its a rocket :whistle:
    20210119180414_1.jpg

On the plus side, the damage model looks good ;) but not one waved yellow :( 20210119180250_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

oh dear.. :eek:

if so that licks balls..

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

yes I agree as I dont recall a pop up yellow ( like blue faster car ) just a yellow map incident marker.
    Will watch for this in multiplayer

• Like Like x 1
  20. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

When I see this screenshot it makes me think that AMS2 should add the Alfa 155

• Like Like x 2