1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ai | Artificial Intelligence

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Oh wow the talent files were quite thorough. Something like that would be awesome to have in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, talent files for every single driver with lots of parameters to adjust would be perfect, I wonder how realistic that is, though. The only actual sim I know where you can adjust many different parameters for each AI driver is Iracing.

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

And the forerunner of iRacing;)

AIRating.jpg

4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s why I said ’actual'. :whistle:
    Hope AMS2 can offer something similar someday.
    It’s all about customization.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Oh you evil man - do you mean that NR2003 and specially the famous GTP mod are not "actual"?
    Because my longest lasting sim fiance the GTP mod is still relying safely on my PC.
    Waiting for the time when I get tired of AMS2 :D

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.1.0.5
    Track: Spa
    Class: P1 G58
    Session: P1 Dry (Overcast)
    Notes: At 120% the Ai are too slow. With the default setup and 60lt of fuel I was able to go straight into the 2:08's. Nothing great however good enough for the test. The Ai are nowhere near this pace. Most of the time they are kicking around in the 11's..

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alien :p

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Coanda

I had to disagree you.. :p

I'm an ok steerer on my day.. certainly no alien though..

9. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Since it is now possible to use skins, the talent files or some specific tool for such adjustments would be perfect.I spent some time at AMS1 to customize some categories, especially Formula Classic. Custom skins and talent files reflected exactly the actual season. Among the few videos that I was able to make, I take the liberty of presenting this one from a race in Imola that shows a field where the main teams / drivers qualify at the top. This remains in the race, as the worst teams / drivers do not perform well and it is easy to see this in a few laps (5th lap), observing the gaps created between the cars on the hud map.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

I understand that the majority of the public has a preference for touring cars (GT3, GT1 ...), and perhaps for that reason one of the categories that I really like (Karts) seems to have been abandoned by the developers. Problems that remain since launch and a simply awful AI, try a race with any kart / track combination and see for yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That makes me captain slow then.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

This AI talent discussion reminded me a video taken on the Early Access, from the simracer "Heikki365ES", where he was testing the Early Access of the game.

Take a look at the names of the AI drivers in the screenshot below.

Do you guys think there is something behind that names? AI behaviour or profiles?
    Maybe there are different AI behaviours :whistle:

upload_2021-1-21_20-58-19.png

13. Coanda

Track: Bathurst
    Class: GT1
    Notes: At 110-120% the Ai are far too slow in top speed particularly down Conrod straight. In the attached video you can see this Ai is 25-30 KM too slow as it only reaches 270 kph. Me in the Porsche GT1 can easily reach 295-300 kph. Because of this speed difference it is very easy to pass the Ai. When going onboard with the Mercedes it also sounds like the Ai are holding each gear before they shift.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Track: Montreal Historic
    Class: Formula Gen 1 (I'm driving the H-pattern one)
    Session: All (dry)
    Notes: AI @ 100% / 100% Aggression. AI is too slow at corner entry, mainly in the slow chicanes and the hairpin. It brakes a lot more than neccesary on those corners, and then skyrockets at corner exit.

It has the problem that, while AI lap times are somewhat balanced with my own lap times, the actual racing experience is a mess and not realistic at all. You as a player behind an AI driver have to brake almost to a stop in corner entry, trying to avoid the crash against the AI, but then at exit the AI driver acceleration is insane and leave me in the dust even if I can manage to avoid wheel spin.

May be it's my driving, I really don't know, but it's impossible to me to get that level of grip under throottle on corner exit which AI exhibit, plus I can manage a lot more speed than AI on corner entry and mid corner with a lot less braking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Coanda

Version: 1.1.1.0
    Track: Bathurst
    Class: GT1
    Notes: GT1's at Bathurst are still an Issue. At 120% they are still 20-30km down on top end speed on the Conrod straight. The McLaren seems to be the worst here..

With 40 lt of fuel and at the beginning of a practice session it's fairly easy to go into the 56's however they are touring around at 01-03's with the grip available.. In the race they are far more competitive however for 120% they could still be a little bit quicker. Maybe when the top end speed issue is fixed thats all thats really needed..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  16. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

There are so many issues with AI right now. I don't know where to start.
    Spa with Porsche GT3 Cup (think i had it at around 100%) from dry into rain, first they were a bit too fast, once it started raining they suddenly forgot how to drive around corners.

Kyalami with the new GT5 Ginetta Cup, 3rd Sectore, especially the last 3 corners, AI ist too slow, first sector it might be a bit too strong.

Whatever i tested, i've nearly never found a combination which matched my speed, especially during different corners. After several AI passes, i don't know if there is hope to get these things right. When i did the Kyalami GT5 test, i wondered why AI braked without having braking lights on on some corners. The AI sometimes has so much more grip compared to what I have (and also more top speed on some track). Everything pretty weird. Imagining that pretty many car / track combos need to be redone sounds like A LOT of work.