1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is still a major problem with the pit garages at this track.

I once had a SuperV8 car literally explode into pieces (it emerged in the track universe within another vehicle, I guess).

Not car-specific.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Sure hope so. Don't want to see this added to the list of other "never finished" items from SMS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, since this one was a design decision (with console limitations in mind), rather than a missing feature or a wrong implementation, I would not be surprised if Reiza can fix it themselves (by storing and restoring the state of livetrack before and after showing the replay) in the engine, without too much effort.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They somehow have to figure it out or what's the point of live track or marketing your product to have live track..

Just another confirmation why I disliked SMS/PC..

5. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

LiveTrack is a great feature, it's just very demanding at least on memory, since it needs to store the track state for every small part of the track... Probably a bit too ahead of its time in terms of required hardware to properly supported, at least regarding consoles and internet bandwidth for online, since all this must be synchronized among all players.. PCARS2 was released more than 3 years ago, now it should be a bit easier to make it work properly under more circumstances and game modes..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Coanda

How many laps should I have to serve a drive through penalty..?

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

3 I think

8. Coanda

Thats what CC said.. I got a DT on lap 9/10. I thought I'd start my 10th lap to see what would happen.. DQ haha..

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So you started your last lap of the race iirc?

10. Coanda

Yeah. Can a DT not be served on the last lap..?

11. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone started a F1 V10 Gen. 1 championship and could load the Azure-race? Hangs up here during the loading screen, but works in the usual single-player. The AI is way too slow on this track I think in general, but certainly with this car. I also had an online-race on this track and could short-cut everywhere without consequences, not even an off-track.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  12. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you use CrewChief it will tell you how many laps you have to serve the penalty, it will remember you to "pit this lap" so you do not get a penalty and also will help you with you pitting for for fuel and other stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't exactly know, but when you serve a DT last lap, you factually have just about half of the pitlane as penalty, before the race is over instead of the full time loss, because you get the checkered before the pit exit. So a DT last lap is somewhat of a cheeky move. Maybe the game knows. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mrjiffy6

mrjiffy6 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a problem with Azure circuit in latest BETA version. It occured in every mode. Game would crash during loading screen and displayed a CRC error message. Did a integrity check on the files and it solved the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I and others have mentioned that sometimes the Steam update corrupts the track assets, requiring a Steam file integrity check, but was shouted down by people telling me it's fine and it's just my HD failing...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Coanda

Thanks for the tips.. :) As mentioned in another post CC suggested I had 3 laps to serve it..

Yeah I was deliberately being cheeky to see how the system would handle it.. :cool:

Next time i'll test it out on the second to last lap...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

after last lap, the race is over .
    So you cant do the DT.
    It must be done before last lap !
    Its a fault of CC if he tells you that you have 3 laps to do. CC does not calculate right.
    He should have called you in, "last chance" or somewhat ;)
    So i think you should report this to CC

• Like Like x 1
  18. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

I am racing in VR and the shadows even in the latest version, still don’t make much sense. I see it built up on the track as I drive along and there isn’t anybody in front of me. Also if the sun is behind the car I can see the car shadow but there is nothing driving inside. This also results in when driving at night and a car behind, the steering wheel gets lit up like a Christmas tree as there is nothing to block the light from behind. Also the mirrors have reflections if the track is wet, but no shadows, not even from static objects like trees when the sun is low... is this being addressed ? Also the shadows need to be a bit softer. They shimmer a lot. Shadow level doesn’t seem to matter much in the above findings. Hope these issues can be addressed in an otherwise getting better and better game... love the work you’ve done so far.

19. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

...anyone :D?

....for AMS2 !!!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, this message goes to the Reiza team, especially Renato Simioni.
    I always criticize when I think the work is not good, but I also know how to recognize when you guys at Reiza get it right, today I want to congratulate you for the modifications made to the Stock Car 2019, the car is very good and fun, give pleasure to take it to play and I recognize your good work, not wanting to be boring, I would like to have the same pleasure at Stock 2020 but it is still far from that, I hope you will be able to hit stock 2020 as Stock 2019 hit, again congratulations on your work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1