1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Kuku,

which exact values are you referring to? I would like to try the same for testing here, but need to be sure I'm adjusting the same 2 ones as you.

2. Steve D

Steve D New Member

.43 is the best yet for me. (OSW SC1, using High) As per @Kuku Maddog oversteer_scale decreased to 0.5 and rear_grip_loss_feel increased to 0.5. Oversteer now feels more communicative and catchable and holding a slide more natural. Brilliant work. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope for less FFB at bumps on the road, but when then car oversteering, it can be more.

4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOW .43 on G920 ... i came from .42 with value 50-80-85-0 ... and now to .43 with value 45-80-75-0 but i change some value in the ffb low file..... ;)

[​IMG]

Thanks to Peter Stefani for the comparison of opinions which took place in private on the ffb file and its values and sensations ... here is the my file with some modified values compared to the default LOW ... I communicate that I like a steering wheel that is not very heavy but neither very light, with a very full center and seasoned with most effects.

I think that Peter's information, that he loves a slightly lighter steering wheel with less invasive effects, will not be long in coming ... thanks again to all!!!
    Edit: Sorry ... I had not seen that Peter's file .43 was already inserted in the second post ... :whistle:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. easy81

easy81 Member

sorry for the ignorance ... but what does "df" mean? I do not understand

6. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    I think it means down force.

7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

oversteer scale 0.5
    Rear grips loss feel 0.5
    Tire Stretch feel 0.0

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

First you need to post your model wheel , file choice and in game settings & wheel system settings .

9. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Kuku,
    Couldn't he just turn down in game fx slider, and put a higher rear grip loss value in file? Assuming a not so heavy wheel game gain setting?

10. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I think I have a new favorite :)
    Did some testing with .43, and it is the best so far. Nice balance between the various forces, nothing over the top.
    The only thing I noticed was that I had to turn the in game gain down by 5-10 depending on the car compared to .38.1, so it seems like the overall force is higher than in earlier versions? I don't know if that was intended or a side effect of some of the changes?

Anyway, feel free to change the first post, @Karsten Hvidberg, and make .43 my preferred version for the Fanatec DD1 :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I found the cornering feel kind of lacking in this latest file, just numb, so I set stretch scale and time to 0.0 and now it feels a lot better.
    Thanks Karsten, another winner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, I have the file (.43) about where it feels good but one thing I want to reduce is, when I am driving in a straight line and turn my wheel slightly left or right, the "weight" of that is unrealistically high. I want to lower that but not impact any information when I am cornering. Can you suggest an edit?

13. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg Thank you so much for yet another version to test. I concur with the general consensus thus far: Ver .43 is the best yet when it comes to feeling rear grip loss and even catching it before it results in a spin. Awesome! FWIW, I am running the HighEnd file as-is, and I'm using the TrueDrive and in-game settings you posted a few weeks back in the Granite Devices forums (direct post linked above and worth reading for other SC2 users on here).

I also concur with @Alegunner68 and think the cornering forces could be a little more pronounced, so I will try his changes and report back. In the meantime, I just increased the overall gain, and that seemed to help a bit. Clearly this is all subjective though, so only trying to share in order to help guide others with similar tastes.

Just curious for the other SC2 users (only know of @Panos Schoino and @Karsten Hvidberg for sure), do you experience crazy/dangerous wheel oscillations if you let go of the wheel at pretty much any speed (including while stationary sometimes)? If I let go of the wheel, it pretty rapidly progresses to oscillations that literally make it dangerous/impossible to grab the wheel again without pausing the game, or pressing the e-stop on the SC2. I realize this can be overcome by simply not letting go of the wheel unless the game is paused, but it seems like it could indicate an area for possible improvement in the code somewhere.

14. Kuku Maddog

e
    well exactly, we have no idea what settings.

15. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I experience this with my Fanatec DD1, but it seems more controlled now than before. I use a bit of speed sensitive damping in my Fanatec settings aswell. But it still happens, worse in some cars than others, so I have resigned to not letting go of the wheel...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, I get that too, depending on vehicle & my settings.
    We will have to spend some time adding a 3rd algorithm on top that I have had some very promising results with earlier & hopefully that can bring it to rest yet again

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Godzilla,

I think lowering LFB will do what you need here? That will not change how heavy the steering goes on cornering. If you also want to adjust cornering strength, that is when you use gain & also adjust lfb accordingly.
    Those 2 knobs are almost working like magic in this file, when you know how to use them. You can change the center feel, the cornering strength, the overall strength of course too. It's like controlling if you want power-steering feel of your car or not & how much of it.

Additionally, you might possibly be able to lower the "exaggerate_front_load_feel" & "exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df" values to 0.0, if they have any value in the file you use.
    That will help right there on turning the wheel around center too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

Well i can tell you as well that in some cars (mostly high downforce like formulas) there might be some oscillations but no so much dramatic as you are describing. As Karsten said already this depends on your ingame settings. I mostly use a gain from 25-50 depending on the car, lfb 5, fx 55 and damping at 50. TD settings i think what Karsten uses but with inertia at around 10%. Until this is resolved by Karsten (i believe quite soon) you might try these my settings and see if these help.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Manuel,

For the bumps there are 2 values in the file.
    track_bump_scale
    And
    micro_... something(I am away from comp)

You can adjust both down and there should be less bumps.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  20. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The fact that some Formula cars don’t oscillate at all, and some do a little bit, and some do a lot has got to make you wonder.
    Definitely can’t let go of the wheel at this point in time.
    I use the F309 as a reference car for adjusting my FFB for OW cars.