1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Temps Cascais Formula v10 what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by FormulaFoo, Jan 24, 2021.

1. FormulaFoo

FormulaFoo New Member

Am I doing something wrong? The below screenshot is my tyre temps after 3 laps, it just seems like I cannot get the temps up to optimal levels, it never really increases beyond this. Any advice, I'm quite new but I'd assume temperatures should be higher in general?

I also feel like its so difficult to drive on the limit in this game, like no grip coming out of slower corners and you really have to be so sensitive on the throttle to not lose the back end. I just wonder if the tyre model might have an issue? Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.01.24 - 17.32.26.15.jpg

2. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Hi @FormulaFoo ,

If you look at your left front tyre, you see that the highest temperature is in the middle, meaning that it is pumped up quite hard.
    If you lower the tyre pressure somewhat ( 0.1 bars f.i.) you might find that the temperature will go up.
    You're looking for a nice gradient (+/- 5 to max 10°C is what I'm aiming for, depending on the car of course) from the inside to the outside where the inside is hottest. I'm not familiar with the exact tyre temperature and pressure for these cars so maybe someone else can give the ideal values for any given track.
    A softer tyre flexes more, bringing heat into the rubber.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like Like x 1