Has Automobilista Still The Best A.I. To Race Against?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Everyone!
    After our trackday at the Mosport Park Circuit in Canada, with the F1 1998 Jordan of the GP Evolution mod,
    today we go over there for a race against the A.I.! Is it still fun to race with Automobilista one?
    Find my answer to it here:

And enjoy!
    Do you still race with AMS1? Leave it in the comments!
    And Thank You all!

Ralonso

2. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes....yes it is the best. Although, i'll give honorable mention to iRacing with some very interesting AI that has different pit strategy aggression as well as about a half dozen other characteristics that make each AI fairly unique.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I still love AMS1 and play it more than any other sim, the AI being one of the reasons. The ability to customise the AI via Talent Files is a big plus. The game, as a whole, is still better than AMS2.

rFactor2 and RaceRoom deserve honourable mentions with regards to AI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me best at the moment are raceroom AI, then AMS1 AI, then RF2 AI. iracing i dont know as i dont have it.
    and i agree, AMS1 offers the best immersion overall, and as for AMS2 i am very desapointed.

5. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Member AMS2 Club Member

Hands down the Gold Standard in terms of AI . Completely adjustable and a Benchmark that AMS 2 will have a very hard time trying to match. To be honest I have a hard time believing it ever will.
    Reiza could and should have implemented an AI defensive driving parameter. One that would allow AI to sense being drafted and simply mover over at speed to protect against being passed. This would bring AMS 1 to a new level ! ( Would Love to see it happen ) Still play AMS 1 regularly :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1