1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Wheel Calibration Issue - G923

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by lilweezy29, Jan 30, 2021.

1. lilweezy29

lilweezy29 New Member

Hello all.

Ever since purchasing the G923 i have not been able to play Automobilista 2 due to being unable to properly calibrate the wheel in game. No matter what, the wheel must always be turned much further than it should for any car. Even completing the calibration incorrectly brings the same result no matter what degree of rotation i put in. Here are some things i tried to fix this.

-Reinstalling the game (Multiple times)
    -Reinstalling Ghub and trying default settings for Ghub
    -Trying default settings in game and different profiles
    -recalibrating multiple times the following onscreen instruction and sometimes not to see if i can trick it
    -Deleting Automobilista 2 files from documents to make sure everything goes back to default (not sure if this is where wheel settings are stored but tried anyways)
    -Trying a separate G923

I am really loving this game so far and would love to be able to jump back in to try out the GT3 cars!

-VIDEO-

Thanks.

2. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Are you using the Logitech Ghub software? If so, is the 'Sensitivity' set at 50? and 'Operating range' set to 900?

3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

LGS is legacy software and doesn't support the G923. This is unfortunately an issue with the game as they need to add support for it. Same case for pC2

4. lilweezy29

lilweezy29 New Member

Yes I am using Ghub with those settings. Although i noticed it doesn't matter what those are set to as nothing changes in game. It almost feels like the game isn't saving/applying changes made in the game settings or ghub.

5. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Op I watched the video and it seemed to me that the car wheell and your wheel move 1:1?
    Have you tried raising the steering lock # in car setup? They usually default to 18 but you can go as high as 30 in some cars. The higher the number set there will make the tires turn quicker.

When you calibrate and turn your wheel all the way left, what number is shown on the bottom?
    In LGS, and amsuming there is a hub equivalent, have looked for..."game specific settings"?
    Have you checked ..."allow game to change" or Smth like that.... I think that wheel is 900 dg .

When I in game calibrate I move the wheel all the way left ...hit next, then go right all the way thru center till I reach 900... Then save.
    Gl

LGS is the old logitec gaming software....ghub is the new software. I use LGS for my old wheel.

6. lilweezy29

lilweezy29 New Member

Hello LugNut! I have done the calibration that way many times and it never changes anything. I have tried different degrees of rotation other than 900 as well with no luck. In ghub, I also have it set to 900 degrees but again changing this makes no difference in game.

There is a setting to "Apply settings from game" but i believe this only applies to the Truforce audio settings. Thanks for the suggestions

7. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

See if this works...

Hey man, hope it's not too late. I ran into the same issue as you trying to play F1 2020. I couldn't turn off self centering and couldnt overwrite wheel operating range. I did solve it though. Here's what I did, hope it helps you or someone else.

Uninstall Logitech G hub Uninstall Logitech Gaming Software Go here and click on support Logitech G920 & G29 Driving Force Steering Wheels & Pedals go to downloads page, download one of the older drivers. I used 8.82.151 Install that driver then restart your PC

This will give you the old Logitech gaming software, which allows you to set wheel rotation and self centering force on a per game basis.... No G Hub at all, because G hub sucks. Just make sure in Logitech gaming software you go to settings and turn off Auto Updates. Hope it's not too late for you. Cheers.

8. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Oh, also when I calibrate my wheel, it turns much more than I ever use in game. Are you sure u set steering lock in car setup screen to the highest number?

If you can get LGS working, create a preset for ams2 go to edit/game spe ific setup and set applicable settings then always launch ams2 from the LGS control panel.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont want to confuse this further - but are you sure this is the correct way of calibrating.
    If I recall right (I could be wrong) then in the 1st sequence you are (as you describe) asked to turn fully (lets say Left) - but in the 2nd sequence you are asked to only turn the wheel 90 degree to the other side. If your 900 is 90 degree then you are right - but as I understand it its the 90 degree that is the urgent value.

ByTheWay: By urgent value then it is this 90 degree that tells the game how to set a basic linear law for your wheel.

10. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Sounds like the below may be your issue, no in-game support for the G923.
    Aye, the Ghub I mentioned is the later software.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. lilweezy29

lilweezy29 New Member

Thanks everybody for the replies! Here is what I tried tonight.
    -Uninstalled ghub and got LGS (I don't think LGS supports the G923 but i tried anyways) This changed nothing.
    -Tried calibrating wheel as all other types of Logitech wheels and as a custom wheel as the G923 is not supported in game yet. This did not change anything.
    -tried highest/lowest and everything in between for the "Steering lock" car set up option. This changed the sensitivity but still did not fix my issue.

The only thing i noticed different tonight in my testing is that the Porsche GT3 car is actually very close to matching the rotation of my wheel whereas the V10 F1 is terrible and requires a half rotation for any turn.

I guess I will have to wait until they officially support the G923 to play this game seeing as my G920 adjusts perfectly to any car i switch to in game.