1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Ah I see . Only asking because I'm having ffb issues too , pretty certain mine is hardware related , although a ffb reset would actually make my issue more manageable .

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Does that also work that way in a test day session? Because that could explain why I'm suddenly almost 1.5 seconds slower in the Group A Merc on Hockenheim 1988 compared to v1.1.0.5.

Speaking of the Group A cars, is it only my impression that their diffs don't lock anymore, even will 10 diff clutches? Powering out of the Bremsschikane 1 (as it was known) engine revs rise, but not in sync with the speed, as if one wheel would spin on an open diff. No way to make it oversteer on power currently - that being said, as always, I only have other sims to compare to, so correct me if those cars actually drove like that.

Edit: I did reset setups to default and tried default before rebuilding my old setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No such behavior here on my T300rs with the Porsche GT1 or the Formula Reiza. Perhaps you need to reset the setups or check the integrity of the game.

4. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do I need to do a clean install because I'm still having the sequential shifter issue. It's being picked up in menu and allocating my g29 shifter (3rd and 4th gear), but when I jump in car it doesn't change gear. Oddly, if I then map out all the buttons for 1st to 6th gearwith the corresponding correct gear on my shifter it then works fine as a manual H pattern box. So there is nothing wrong with the shifter, or the game picking it up. It simply won't allow the shifter to be used in sequential mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The steering configuration on the Porsche Cup 4.0 is messed up by default, I need to turn the wheel 180 degrees just to negotiate a fast 90-degree corner (Copse). Real life onboards have no where near this amount of steering lock required.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Are we expecting a new roadmap tonight? I am positive I read a post (on another thread I think lol) yesterday from Reiza saying it was coming today

can’t wait to see the upcoming plans for this top notch sim

regards

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You what now? More, surely not, im already massively impressed at the phenominal speed Reiza brought out fix's to their build update, which only happened yesterday, just opened steam and theres another one, wonder whats in there, only 250odd kb but sure its good. Here's what ive found of the new build so far:
    [/QUOTE]

8. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I1d love tohear the roadmap for the next months as the adrenaline pack, Racing in USA, new tracks and cars, etc estimated date... And the AI fixed names in championships for fictional series too.

9. sk8

sk8 Member

BMW m3 tail keeps coming around with heavy snap oversteer irrespective of set up. No fun. Porsche cayman and cup 4.0 just feel numb compared to the ginettas. Also had some very weird anomalies with the physics, a crash into the sand left the car swaying side to side on some very unnatural axis. Just had a massively fun gt4 race against the ai which left me grinning but that new Alpine on rF2 has spoiled me though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

In fact, after a few hours with current Build, in different cars on different track it came to my mind that the cars feel a lot more liek PC2 now. Double checked with the PC2 BMW M1 at "Kansai"/"Sakitto"/Suzuka usinf Pops Racer FFB...well...it's hard to tell any difference, only slightly less "Oil Tyres" and more pronounced Chassis movement in current AMS2. With softer Springs and softer absorbers in PC2 you can emulate the AMS2 behaviour.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having recently tried the PC2 Procar (with Pops Racer FFB no less), I can wholeheartedly state that it drives nothing like the one in AMS2. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I would not say the same, buts it's much more closer now than it was in 1.1.05, especially if you try to match the setups. A complete copy is not possible sice the valus do not match and you can't change Aero in AMS2.

I cross checked the impression with the Porsche Cayman GT4 on Nordschleife, since both setups match in both games...it's even closer. I tend to use the PC2 way of driving now in AMS2... point the cars let it slide into the turn and floor the throttle.

13. TinMan_JB

TinMan_JB Member

Hello to developers and everyone. First, I'd like to commend Reiza for what they have achieved with Madness engine in a year since EA release of AMS2. I've been following the development of AMS2 from there and it seems to be on a good way regarding the general driving feel and FFB (of some cars). However there are some issues that still put me off. Most of it (but not all) is UI, AI and content related.

Before I continue, let me say that everything I write is intended as a constructive critique of the sim, where I can think of it I propose a different approach. I don't wish or intend to make anyone feel that I'm bashing AMS2. Every statement reflects my opinion and is in the best of my knowledge. Also, this is goning to be a long post...

Lets start with some minor issues (as of 1.1.1.0) that make me rise my brow:
    • The new Ginetta G40 cup has a sequential gearbox instead of H shifter (as correctly described in car info) I guess it will be remedied with a hotfix.
    • Donnington Park is located in UK, while other UK tracks are located in England. Just one example of many UI inconsistencies.
    • General UI clunkiness. Why open a new page for almost any setting, like changing session duration or editing practice/qualifying sessions? The UI screens are almost empty in most cases, IMO it would be much nicer to have more options on one screen (don't know what that wold do for VR tho...)
    • The setup screen controls for changing setup values don't work sometimes. They start working after some clicking... Maybe connected with the next?
    • Steering wheel not centered causes value changes in UI menus. Tinkers with my setup every time :) I have menu spring set to straighten the wheel, but that only works after leaving a session. Disconnect wheel & pedal axis input from menus, I say!
    • I'd love to see the possibility of combining wheel button inputs. Have one button assigned as SHIFT button that allows combos with other buttons. Also, use of prolonged button input. Those two features would allow much more control bindings per controller.
    • Only driving lights, no long lights (or what is the term?) and flasher. No rain light.
    • Custom driver name (only Steam name now)
    Next, to the more serious issues that make me SMH:
    • No info on ideal hot tyre pressures to aim for. I don't have the time to find out those for every car I'd like to drive.
    • No TC/ABS presets, engine map and brake bias manageable with controller bindings (wheel, keyb, other). The ABS & TC % setting is unrealistic and counterintuitive (for me at least). Why does it have to be hidden in ICM?
    • Ah, the ICM... Why hide settings behind several pages when 1 page could cover it all? It's been mentioned before.
    • The driving overlays. 4 pages that could again be covered in 2 or even better, have it modular so that a player can put any widget on screen as he sees fit.
    • FFB meter only on telemetry overlay (which, for me, is too distractive while driving and therefore useless to me). See above.
    • The widgets on these overlays-for instance, the tyre info. 2 different widgets have to be on screen to have tyre pressures and tyre temps info. This should be combined into one.
    And lastly, some critical issues that make me play AMS2 less than it probably desevers:
    • No save session! Unless Reiza are planning on promoting AMS2 as another glorified online playground (which I belive they are not, since they offer meaningfull SP championships, promised a custom champ. in near future and are constantly working on AI) then this feature is a must. C'mon, a 1991 F1GP game had this, how can't a 2021 title? The content for endurance racing is there, make people want to use it.
    • The AI. In the latest 1.1.1.0 update the racing with AI seems really good. However... Whatever strength setting you choose, every AI driver will do laptimes in 0.3-0.4sec interval of best AI laptime. Give the AI some more spread or make an UI option for player to define that spread. The small gaps are unrealistic and unless you nail the AI strength %, they will all be either too fast or too slow.
    • Also, the AI strength seems to be all over the place between different track/car combos. I don't claim to be a fast driver nor a very consistent one, but if I can blitz the AI at 90% on one track and get blitzed by AI at same setting on another, it's an issue to me. I'd love to see some equalising.
    • The car driving physics (polish?). I don't claim to have driven many cars in AMS2, frankly I'm only interested in the couple of TCs and the GTs for now. The problem is certain cars click instantly where other just don't because of lack of control. The newer updates and content seems nice, the brand new Ginetta G40 Cup is sweet. For a direct comparison and to present my case, I'd compare the G55 GT4 and the G55 Supercup. What are essentially same cars IRL (disregarding ABS/TC and other detail) behave very differently in the sim, to the extend that one is enjoyable and the other undrivable to me. I'd expect the Supercup twitchier due to absense of electronic aids, but to this extent is just unbelievable. The thing just looses traction everywhere... I'd love to have a simmilar sense of control over the car in all of the cars in the sim, which right now is lacking.
    These are the issues that prevent me from fully enjoying AMS2. I'd love to see the sim evolve and get a more thorough polish in the future. It has the goods, but the goods are wrapped in a recycled paper. I wish the developers a good hand with it and hopefully they can get something useful out of this rant. If you don't agree with my sentiments, it's fine. We all can have an opinion...
    Rant off. Regards.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Why does this Ginetta have a fixed steering wheel even when set to off?
    I understand (but still don't like) the cars with dash displays on their wheel, but come on, this is just a standard wheel!!
    20210131220001_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

[/QUOTE]
    Unbelieveable! Done! Fixed, already! Before you can even say "Reiza" The G40 Cup now has the correct amount of gears! Bravo Reiza! P.S. (where can I get some of that speed you guys are on?)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Haha! I just can't keep up, another small 200+kb update just now!, Whats in there i wonder, seriously slow down Reiza im gunna have a fecking heart attack!:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Findict

Findict New Member

In my experience, time trials seem to be on green tracks as well, which means that any current records become basically impossible to beat now. In Snetterton turn 1 is no longer flat out at all in a F309 car, me and someone else independently determined. The biggest question is why TT is not on an optimal track really, it would make a lot more sense. It would also be more useful for building a nice setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Cars feel fine however it also feels to me like the TT track grip is less. If true they should reset the leader boards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’m just here to say...
    “Oooh, that G40 :)

Having a great time at VIR in it. Watching my virtual hand ‘splat’ against the centre console as I change gear is as daft and out of whack as my virtual legs in some cars but hopefully that will all be ironed out over the course of the year.