1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 January 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the mentioned changes to LiveTrack planned in March include an oily ideal line in the rain that forces drivers to take the wet line! From what I understand, ACC has tried to do this but doesn't do it well, and no other sim that I know of has this feature.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Reiza always give more and more, always have and seems to always will. What a team. People call me a fanboy....this is why :D
    But....but some people will be able to play on DLC track without paying in MP :rolleyes: :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The best gift on my birthday :). I am impressed by the amount of work and effort you are putting in. I can only tell you one thing: bravo!

Regarding the subject of the circuits, I have not understood it very well, does it mean that this year 11 new circuits will arrive at AMS2 or will they be layouts of circuits already present like the VLN?

Again, amazing Reiza, you have managed to get me to leave Raceroom, iRacing and ACC.

Greetings and much encouragement and success for this 2021

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's it.
    S I M R A C I N G - I N F L U E N C E R carreer has started!

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please consider using that new WIP custom round Ui editor for the current single event too. It looks great and much better than the current options for practice/qualy that are a little buried..

Thank you for all the upcoming info and the continuous hard work. You guys are firing on all cylinders! I wasn't sure in the beginning if some of your words were hollow however now I fully see they are not.. :cool:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Reiza, please bring an option to show the driver country/nationality flag while on track. It brings more life to multiplayer.

Thanks for the latest updates.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully that enables us to only select the P1 G58 as an opponent in a multi class race.. If so.. Ripa! :cool:

9. Pigsy

Pigsy New Member

And not one Ford in the title thus far. Except for the Ford named Cosworths in the F1 cars. Strange. Supercars and other categories won't be complete until they're included. 12 Months and counting.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

All of the 90's cars also do that in every single braking zone, which sadly makes all of the 90's F1 cars useless (and that's quite a big chunk of cars). Which is a pity, because they otherwise drive really well...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

This is the thing that keeps me hooked even with the more or less obvious flaws. I'm a seat of the pants type driver so as long as the car is agile and rotates with some type of input, I'm happy. As opposed to applying textbook driving and always expecting the same result which is what most sims already cater for while feeling numb and uncommunicative beyond the limit. The FFB and generally more progressive approach to tires is really suited for my kind of driving. Not to mention the way track bumpiness and curbs feel.

Formula Vee is maybe the ultimate race car for me, but unfortunately I do also want to go really fast sometimes :D. And feel like the tires actually do something (this is a knock on Vee-like race tires and not the sim itself).

indy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, so hyped for the Group C cars. Hope they get one or two more companions in the future (PCars 2 had a great Group C roster). Also historic Spa with the old busstop chicane....cannot wait!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think you're talking about the same thing here. Could you post a video or something of this happening? Does it look like this:

Best I could determine, this only happens in a race when AI are around (dirty air?) and can be reduced by deflating the tyres, stiffening the suspension and raising the ride height. It's also made worse if you run too many AI for your CPU power.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. CrimsonEminence

He means the lateral low-speed wobble, which is a very low speed/standing physics glitch. The suspensions of these cars are very likely totally fine. Also other cars are showcasing this behaviour to more or less amount.^^

The bouncing on this video should be rectified by now, actually. F-Classic got some serious changes. Does it still occur?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. 99thompson

99thompson New Member AMS2 Club Member

Cracking stuff. Your Dev Updates are always uplifting, especially in this current climate.

Thanks for your continued efforts, AMS2 is slowly becoming a replacement for all my other sims. The continual addition of tracks and cars from all eras is simply stunning so keep up the great work guys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tried that specific scenario yet, can do later today. I did notice some strange behaviour with the G3M1 on the default setup in a quick test, but need to do a more thorough analysis.

17. CrimsonEminence

What does it do?

18. Diego Balzarini

Diego Balzarini Member AMS2 Club Member

SPA with the bus chicane, love it...... I hope to see Monza with the double chicane after start line

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When I read "Spa" and "1993 version" I almost spilled my coffee because I thought that was the year when they had the horrible chicane at Eau Rouge! But that was 1994, so now my blood pressure is back under control :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

f-classic gen 3 feels totally different since the latest update. steering feels ultra heavy but lifeless all over sudden. in corners, the rear is much lighter than before and car is easier to spin. and finally, this strange snap oversteer, which most of the cars in pc 2 suffered from, is there. really loved to drive these cars before the update, also could set some decent times on the leaderboards. now they feel horrible to me.

and yes, i set setups to default before starting, later on i even deleted my ams 2 folder, but the feeling for this class of cars is completely gone.

first update of hard working reiza team i do not like.

edit: it is the model 1 which behaves different than before. played this one most of the time during last weeks.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021