1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Pleas use this topic to report issues with Time Trial - be it issues with functionality of certain TT boards for specific track / car combos, logged laps that appear to be irregular, and specific Track / Car combos that might have gotten slower following an update and put old times out of reach with the current revisions of said car / track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

I have "reported this TT issue in the following post.
    Im talking about the F-Reiza and its on both Goiania and Campo Grande.
    I will try Spielberg historic today and add my feedback here.
    Im not too optimistic:(
    Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED!

EDIT: Positive report from Spielberg historic.
    My pesimism was NOT confirmed!
    The F-Reiza did feel similiar as before upd.o_O
    But Spielberg historic is kinda special because with a correct setup you can drive with full throttle 99% of a lap.
    But honestly the F-Reiza was absolutely not downgraded ON THIS TRACK.;)

ByTheWay: To enjoy myself in the F-Reiza I just upped my allready top time (bragging :rolleyes:).
    But I will now re-test this car on the 2 other mentioned tracks above.

ByTheWay2: Why is it allways drivers from the lower parts of the LBs who wants the LB lists deleted? :p

LB Spielberg Historic.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

formula classic gen 3 model 1

0.5 - 2 seconds slower on any track since update

feels like driving a totally different car than before the update.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  4. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this a good place to report also tracks where the car starts in Time Trial at the wrong place?

In the following tracks, the car is placed in the middle or in the very beginning of a long start/finish straight, causing lap 1 to be wasted, because around 0.5 sec or more is already lost, compared to next laps, because of much higher start speed over the line:

- Cascais
    - Imola
    - Interlagos
    - Kansai (not that much comparably)
    - Kyalami (Historic 1976 layout)
    - Virginia
    (all "main" layouts, except for Kyalami)

There are plenty others where you lose less, around a couple tenths in Lap 1, I can go through and report also each one of them if you wish.

Also there are some tracks with the opposite problem, I have noticed so far:

Donington GP: Starts too early, before the 2nd to last hairpin
    Velo Citta : Starts EXTREMELY early, like 6-7 slow turns before the start/finish straight!

Apologies if that's not the place for this info.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You are right, but it is a minor issue to me. I just take lap 1 for "getting into the flow". What bothers me more is this "next lap does not count" - thing, when you struggle in last sector without having an advantage for the next lap. But I guess this is the wrong place to discuss this topic. It has already been reported in the Bug report thread. ;)

6. Raffael

Raffael New Member

Probably an unpopular opinion: just wipe the TT leaderboards as long as there is development in the parameters that will have an impact on car physics/setups...

Alternatively add an additional column in the TT table that shows the AMS Version Number (build number) with a filter functionality. Come to think of it that's actually the better solution as it will not upset the aliens/tryhards who invested a lot of time tweaking the setup for getting to the top of the board.

Why make life hard for yourself by opening this topic? :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. D. Drive

D. Drive New Member

First post here so first of all - Love AMS2! 230 hours on Steam should tell its own story... The Roco is the one I've been driving the most, and I can confirm that the TT times which we have been able to set since the January update were very flattering, as that update clearly made the Roco much faster. I'm not surprised that you have decided to tone it back down to make it comparable to the other cars in the class, but it does mean that the TT times are no longer representative. On short tracks like Londrina or Cascavel the difference is 2-3 seconds in my experience. No easy solution to this, other than indeed reset the leaderboards as suggested above... I'm personally not concerned to have my times deleted, will be a good incentive to try again, but this is a personal opinion of course. Keep up the good work - will continue racing AMS2 whatever is on the TT leader boards:)

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As a lazy guy, who even does not have much knowledge about setting up a car properly, I used setups from fast guys in LB and adjusted them a bit.
    With some cars I like I could set some decent times that way (I am either quite good with these cars or the leaders are almost as slow as me in those classes).
    Since the update, as stated above, my own best laptimes seem like alien times too me. So, resetting LBs in some classes would be a good idea. Or just bring back physics like they were before.

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Obviously not the right place. If you just read why @Simioni opened this thread.
    Yes I think it should be rather obvious.:rolleyes:

10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Procar and BT44 Interlagos Historic outer. Quick test
    These 2 cars are fine at this track and certainly far from worse. If anything they help improve driving with the aforementioned. Will test others later when time allows.
    Procar old time 52.820
    _____new time 52.638 (could be improved with a little more care and little trouble).

BT44 new time 46.560. (was faster still but lost it )! old time beaten within 2 attempts.
    then on lap 3 on second attempt fastest lap times were set on 2nd and 3rd laps not 1st
    Same as procar. never 1st lap

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  11. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My 2 cents worth, is that whilst the game is at the stage of ongoing refinement the LB should be all reset on a monthly basis. This would remove any issues whilst creating additional interest and active participation in the TT area of the game. Once we are further down the development cycle you then consider swapping to permanent LB which would then capture the best times over the games remaining lifecycle.

As I said just my 2 cents thrown into the hat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We are going slightly off topic, but what would be the reason for clearing the LBs for cars that have not become slower? For those that have become slower, I agree they need to be cleared.

I do not care much about my own times being wiped, but I find it very useful having filled leaderboards, when the times are still representative. It gives you a good idea on what lap times are possible, which car is best suited for a track etc, and most importantly you have a very good target to match when practicing/trying to get faster in a car/track combo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

@Renato Simioni
    I think I have a clue of some of the reason at least the F-Reiza is/feels "downgraded".

The minimum tire pressure have suddenly been raised from 1.20/1.20 to 1.40/1.25.:eek:
    Both in old and new setups.
    This could explain SOME of the change in the cars behaviour - gripwise.:whistle:
    But I also have a suspicion that eventhough the numbers in as example the ride height and spring rate looks the same - then the internal parameter values behind them have been slightly altered.

If Im right then the "downgrade" of this car (and others?) is NOT because some change in the AMS2´s tm/physics - but because we are not able to set the cars up like we could before.:(

14. Renato Simioni

Yeah that´s fine, you may report that here too :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Renato Simioni

That´s a 2-month old change tho, not something you´d noticed just in this last update.

The changes to the F-Reiza vs v1.1.0.5 have actually been quite minor, nothing of substance other than possibly being a bit worse on cold tires. I assume you´ve already reset your setup to default?

In any case this is best directed to the physics discussion topic as it doesn´t relate to TT specifically :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Renato Simioni

We found one source of small grip degradation in TT vs v1.1.0.5, relates to the reduced baseline grip on a green track - this will be rectified for tomorrow´s hotfix.

Other differences beyond this will most likely come down to physics development - if they´re egregious enough to have put old times out of reach do let us know and we´ll evaluate resetting the board.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Just to understand this correct Renato - then I think you in one of your (very appreciated :)) posts said that the TT track wasnt in a green state.
    Has I been misunderstanding this?o_O

ByTheWay: Looking veeery forward to what this hotfix will do:p

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Q did this apply to all tracks?.
    So no need to test today but will test after fix
    Thanks in advance

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

OK if we also can use this thread to report other things TT wise then I consider it a kind of misunderstanding of the TT format to let the tires (and track) evolve from lap to lap.
    In as example my (socalled) reported new WR :whistle: on Spielberg Historic it was only possible to set a fastest laptime on lap 2.
    On lap 1 the start speed was to low (starting position).
    On lap 3 the right front tire was overheating(red).
    On lap 4 the tires was boiling and finally the engine did blow :p

ByTheWay: When I say misunderstanding of the TT format I mean that like all other sims with any TT competition then the tire and track state is kept optimal from lap to lap.
    Otherwise there is absolutely no garantee that different drivers compete on equal and fair circumstances. Hehe you could even say that there is a garantee they dont :D

20. Renato Simioni

It does apply to all tracks yeah - TT grip is basically using baseline grip + stactic rubber preset which remains constant, since we lowered the baseline slightly TT is likewise also slightly lower (but not green to answer your question @BrunoB).

With the hotfix tomorrow grip will be back as it were up to v1.1.0.5.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1