1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR sharpness / shimmering

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Xblurone, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok. Did not see these settings in the tray tool. I have just ddu my graphics card driver, reinstalled it, kept everything default except for vsync off and now it’s as crisp as every. No more distortions on the barriers and even 2 car lengths I can still read the advertising on the cars, wow!. I am guessing some old setting in the Nvidia driver from since the PCARS2 days was still there... I’ve never seen ams2 so beautiful. Having said that, I will definitely try the tray tool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Xblurone

@Robert Gerke define extreme graphics ? 3080 enough? 2080ti ? What are your in-game settings for MSAA, shadows, reflections, environment map?

3. psone

psone Guest

Congrats dude! That's great stuff, so glad you got it sorted, it really is stunning when its running well isnt't it!

I found the defaults to be a great place to start from as there seem to be some inconsistencies in terms of performance gained or lost with certain settings compared to how you would expect them to behave. I found I really had to focus on one setting at a time, to A see how it affected performance and B whether or not its a setting that I can live without.

4. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

3080 or higher ;-)

MSAA = low
    Shadows = low
    reflections = low

I set everything else to high or ultra

5. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

upps.... double post

6. Xblurone

Tried your settings using the tray tool... crash on start of race... I guess 4050 encode is a bit too much for my 2080ti...

7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Any chance you could post up your settings please. Is 1.6SS in game? I am still struggling to achieve what I want and I have lowered my expectations lol

Thanks in advance
    Baz

8. Xblurone

If you can set FOV Tangent multiplier for Rift S as well (I don't know if that's possible) then you have a lot of headroom available - 0.7;0.6 would be enough for racing as you would have "helmet view" and then you can set the MSAA to low, shadows to low, no grass, rest to medium should give you a good picture and no in-game SS (1.0 or maximum 1.2) - when I was still running rift-S I had a strange phenomenon where when in oculus debug tool I set the pixel density to 1.1 I got a better picture AND better performance... go figure...

9. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Will give it a go. Thanks