1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drift pack

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Atanas Dmyanov, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Atanas Dmyanov

Atanas Dmyanov New Member

Hello guys I really like what you are doing and AMS2 become my fevorite sim. Do you plan releasing pack with drift cars? That will be awsome addon to this exceptional sim. Thanks

2. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I guess the adrenaline pack will cover such things. But currently which dlc when to come is just ambiguous as no roadmap yet unfortunately.

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it already possible to drift right now with current version and without future drift-dlc? I mean select the best car for this purpose (which car?), maybe change some things in setup of the car (which settings), use a good track for drifting (which track?) and have fun (which fun? :D:rolleyes:)...

4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would say a Montana Truck should be good for drifting. As a track I would choose Interlagos Historical. There are some long corners. And I understand that the diff should be locked for drifting. Another way of drifting you can experience with the Formula Vee. The track hardly doesn't matter, the car just hasn't got downforce. You're sliding all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Superlight en 620r Caterhams are drifty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. psone

psone Guest

Formula trainer advanced can also be kept quite sideways. Caterham superlight is a good shout, great fun around Brand's. My foot is too heavy for the 620r though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

All the cars included in the game are already a Drift Pack :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

May I just say in reference to the possibilty of a drift pack... Yes please with cherrys on top!!!
    Meanwhile my fav car for drifting is the Camaro, set it up right and its one sexy sideways stepper!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mike1304

Wow, that looks great! I have some questions:

1) Is this really AMS2?? Looks great for drifting!

2) If yes, can you please give me a hint concerning the setup and the track?

3) Also the replays look great: where did you do the doughnuts at the end of the video?

4) I fear those replay cameras are not available for VR users (the last doughnut scene for example), right?

5) There are a lot of good drifting scenes in your video where I can’t see any tire smoke. Did you turn this off in graphics settings or is it not supported?

10. Tarmac Terrorist

Hi Mike!
    1) It most certainly is! Some Cars better than others.
    2) I most certainly can, I'll knock up some screenies or a quick vid for you later today so you can just copy all the settings stright off your screen. The Tracks in the video were Virginia (Camaro) Nurburg GP (Cayman) & Kansai (Ultima)
    3) Cheers, they are with pretty much maxed graphics. Doughnuts were at Kansia, theres a little skin pan area at Spoon Corner there.
    4) Not sure about that exact spot but some of the VR trackside cameras are great, others seem to be pointed i wrong direction, hav'nt tested VR at Kansai yet though so don't quote me on that.
    5) No, there just does'nt seem to be a heck of a lot of tire smoke generation in this sim for some reason. For instance in Rfactor 2 of you lock up tires under braking it generates alot of smoke, not so much in AMS2

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Right Mike here you go, as promised. This is especially for you and anyone interested in AMS2 Drifting, but there is one VERY important tip in here which should help out everyone (if they don't already know) in terms of throttle control.

I hope this helps you out, enjoy!

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mike1304

Hello, I’m speechless! Thank you so much! You are a hero!

13. Mike1304

I have a further question: I tried your setup but I must admit that I’m new to setups and never used them, only the default vanilla settings...:oops:

So I changed the values according to your vid and clicked on “Save setup”
    There I had 2 fields!? The first one with the name of the car “Camero SS” I changed to “Camero drift” (field seems restricted concerning to length and buggy because I couldn’t name it “Camero SS Drift” with my keyboard) and the second field with the track “Hockenheim short A” I left as it was...
    But now I’m confused because I don’t know how setup saving/loading works.

If I start a practice session on another track and have a look at the “setup”-window those two field confuse me: sometimes the first field is called “Camero SS *” (what does the “*” mean?), sometimes the second field reads “Hockenheim short A” although I have selected another track...
    Does the setup changes for the combo Camaro-Hockenheim affect other tracks?

I think the change of FF-gain from 100% to 60% from your video for example is now applied to all tracks with this car. Does that mean I always have to change it back manually to a higher value if I don’t want to load the drift-setup?

Is there a manual or tutorial where I can read all those infos (what does “*” mean?, ....)?
    Sorry for my noob questions...:oops: