1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Doomu5

Doomu5 New Member

Patch notes for the latest hotfix or am I just supposed to guess what's changed? ‍♀️

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

I suppose you could check this thread.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't have to guess, the answer is in this thread here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair question but, drop the sarcasm mate! Toddlers master sarcasm shortly after they learn how to talk so it aint clever, its just fecking mean. Especially when you're asking for help and then turn round and stick that on the end.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Just tested this to see what you mean. Im not finding that the BMW becomes uncontrolable with heat build up though, can lap just fine in a race as i watch the tires rise in temp, however on lift off oversteer there is a scary amount of it, especially in the low to mid speed corners which makes sense as you mentioned the first corner where you are gunna be coasting for a degree pre apex. What i found to be much more the culprit here is the default diff settings, which ufortuneatly are not adjustable. Under power you have less lock however the coast value is much, much lower (lower values give more lock) so the back end is more enclined to come round under lift off. Im not sure about this but I wonder why the diff values are shown there but ar'nt adjustable, is this a weird UI thing? I find with some cars where the diff is not adjsutable, there are no values shown and no arrow markers either side to click to adjust, then on cars like the BMW those values are there, with arrows suggesting htey are adjustable, but when clicked on are infact not.

Id like to see the diff values on all cars even if not adjustable to help me understand the why the car acts in a certain way, but id rather not see the arrows there if they are not infact adjustable as there is then no point in them being there. What do you think?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the amount of oversteer off throttle, at leas in the E30, is way off the possibility to be controlled in a reasonable way.

And with COLD tires is much more tamed, so...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When changing the diff preload my understanding from the tool tips is to increase for understeer and decrease for oversteer, is that correct?

If so then I had the opposite for the Camaro GT4. Started with the default 50nm and found it a little loose for my liking so tried extreme setting to see what they would do. At max of 500nm I could barely keep the car in a straight line and with it on 0nm I liked it very much, was very stable and I did best laps 1 second quicker at velo Citta with this setting too.
    Have I misunderstood the preload settings?

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes thats to do with the diff power and coast values being so dramatically different, if you want to make the Mclaren 720s behave in a similar fasion (as it does have adjustable values) set them to the same values on that for similar effect

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes, that generally increases overall lock

10. Tarmac Terrorist

Yep you've got the right idea! For more overall lock INCREASE the preload. For lock specifically on Trottle or coast (these values are seperate to preload, you'll find them below the preload values) DECREASE these values. However if you're preload is at an extreme value like 500nm then the diff is gunna be pretty well locked up regaurdless of your Trottle and Coast locks, cause theres already a shedload of lock built in. This is how you turn the Camaro Street car into a drift devil! Well, that and a bit of extra lock on the steering, you can even turn the king of understeer (Porsche Cayman) into more of a sideways stepper with these kind of adjustments. Heres an example in my silly Attenmuffler video:

11. F1Aussie

Sorry, just edited, I thought the tool tips said to increase for understeer and vice versa when lowering. Am away from my PC now, so can't be 100% sure now.

12. Tarmac Terrorist

Increasing the PRELOAD value will give you more overall lock
    Decreasing the POWER (sorry I called it trottle earlier) & COAST values will give you more lock under those specific inputs

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. F1Aussie

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Help Yourself: :)
    ClutchesHelp.jpg CoastHelp.jpg PowerHelp.jpg PreloadHelp.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As I mentioned above, try 8 or 10 clutches in the LSD settings instead of the default 2 and see what happens.

17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

And that's where we begin to leave the realm of realism. LSD. while they can be made very custom, the most widely used setting for LSD for a 400hp+ front engine rear drive is 6 clutches with a 60/40 ramp. Thats a standard catalogue LSD. 8 or 10 Clutches would not fit into a standard GETRAG gearbox of that era for both DTM Group A cars. Same goes for the 911 Porsches but they usually have power ramp reversed 40/60.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You've spelt Doofus wrong.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

and, even if closing the diff may help a bit, the main issue remains.
    On the E30 there is also a lot of suspension shaking at maximum lateral acceleration and high speed (not present on the Mercedes that drives much better overall).

20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Thats what I want to state...The remedy can't be to use absolutely exagerated LSD setting to keep the car drivable on track. Preloads practically never exceed 100Nm, and thats already stiff for a rear drive rear enginer cars like a Porsche. 120Nm is in the starting range for Quarter mile straight drag racing. LSD preload between 30-60Nm, 50-80Nm for high traction rear engine is the norm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1