1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More lock overall is what would happen.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Did you try it?

@McClutch agree that this is leaving reality. Until all the diff and drive train issues are sorted, it is a temporary band-aid to be able to enjoy the cars.

Remember, SMS couldn't be bothered to do all this work, so they just made every possible diff and setting exposed for every vehicle (ridiculously unrealistic). AMS 2 started there and is methodically working towards eliminating not real options and configurations, and, ensuring that those remaining are plausibly realistic. Still a ways to go...

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

i really dont know why everyone is celebrating this game so much...
    even the G40 Ginetta slides around with the rear end like driving on wet road.
    FFB feels every update different.
    fixed stuff is broken again after a update or the AI skill is different etc etc..
    im done with this "sim".
    Have fun if you like to adapt all the time to the game after each update.
    personaly i dont like it.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Lethal

Lethal New Member

Collision bug Bathurst

Attached Files:

5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That is not The Way ! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I heel & toe H pattern cars. While I'm not pro level at doing it, I'm pretty consistent at it, and can recognize when the snap is because a wrong rev match or a driving problem. I don't do it while braking or cornering tough, I'm not as good yet :D

I tried 10 at clutches, the car is more controlable at coast, but there are a lot of WTF moments in low speed corners, the rear just slide out of control at 60 kph when certain angle is reached and no throttle application. The oversteer and bumpiness in med to high speed corners with throttle is there too, may be a little less than the default.

Without the ability to change power and coast ramp ratios I'm lost at how to change this behaviour, I'm not that knowledgeable or sensible at all to figure out if this is because the diff or the tires. I tried changing pressures, roll bars and springs trying to get a more stable car, but without success.

I noticed that on the M1, after 3 or 4 laps the rears start sliding all over the place, but there is no indication on the hud of overheating tires, I will check temperature values now.

I didn't notice that on the Merc, but as the AMG is easier to drive than the E30 I think I just adjusted my driving to the car after driving the M3. With 10 clutches the AMG is driveable to me, but on fast corners the rear slides really hard on minimum throttle input. I need to be very very smooth now, but lap times suffer as a consequence of that.

As I wrote in an earlier post, I don't know if I just need to change my driving with these cars, or if a default setup adjustment will be coming.

Never drove any similar car IRL, but how the rear goes out of control at low speed, and the hard oversteer at minimal throotle input at certain slip angle are what worries me the most, and feel it's not like that in the real car.

I'm only an amateur, and playing sim racing titles since 20 years ago, so I can be very wrong on that tough because as I said, never drove anything similar on track IRL.

7. TonyMmmm

TonyMmmm New Member

Could please look at the Formula Ultimate car as it has a bug that crashes and floats into the air and sends the ffb dangerously out of control and needing to kill it before it kills my wrist.

8. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post, after driving the DTM cars I did the Donington GT3 SP championship race, with the BMW M6.

In 40 minutes I didn't appreciate any rear grip loss due to overheating, so is it possible it only happen with the tire model of the old cars? Those GT3 have traction control tough, so it may be the case.

However, a race at Spa with the Porsche Cup, rear grip loss was very noticeable after 5 laps, so I'm lost here if it's overheating or anything else this change in car behaviour.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I confirm that the hard slicks on GT3 cars are almost insensitive to temperature guaranteeing good grip even over 100deg and no TC.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a bad bug today!
    Multiplayer server (dedicated). Race session. Porsche GT1, Silverstone 1991.

Took some damage, pitted, then after the pit I had no feedback. I've got a league starting up in a week and am worried that a bug like this will ruin things.

11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes thats been left in there to stop the hard pull lo left bug, Rinato has said it is being dealt with (at least I think thats what he said in an earlier post

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Something similar just happened to me. GT1 Championship, Silverstone 2001 race, Merc GT1. After 2 laps or so, collision by a AI car from behind and 10s later no more FFB on my G27. Not sure the collision has anything to do with the loss of FFB. The only way to get it back was to restart the game. Redid the 20 min race and no problem.

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB loss is going to be the minor of the issues if that eventually happens. The league that I raced in had to be halted due to the many multiplayer bugs + general bugs all around AMS2 + lack of some crucial server features (such as grid reordering, server rejoins, etc).

This was on v1.1.1.0 though, which definitely was awfully away from being league-friendly.

However I joined some random online race yesterday (v1.1.1.1) and everything went reasonably smooth, close racing and all.

Anyway, wish you guys have better luck than we did!

14. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are definitely some problems with the grip once the car's tires reach a certain temperature but for me the Porsche 911 GT3 with default setup and only rear wing set at 2 is the most obvious. For example at Interlagos I only need about 2 laps to get the rear tire temps over 90 deg and even over 100 the rear right and I am not pushing the car at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's both. We need to be very careful driving these "old-school" beasts , but there are still physics and handling issues that have to be resolved. These cars should be difficult, but not unpredictable or so frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Hi all,
    I don't have Automobilista 2 because I don't have the money for a wheel.
    But I do care very much for this title, from the very beginning of the announcement I have been following it closely every day. I am someone that has always played on consoles. The most I did on PC was Il2 Sturmovik many years ago.
    I also did Project Cars 2 on Xbox one a lot and was often not bad on the leaderboard, most of the time in the top 10.
    Now I see lots of strange behavior in the cars. Like lots of strange sliding which I saw on Project Cars 2. And I see it is much different than Project Cars2 in a good way but some things are very weird. Like the grip levels look wrong often. Some cars slip away in a weird way other cars feel nailed to the ground and you can steer so easily (I remember in PC2 a formula car that was so simple to steer it felt very wrong like there were no physics involved)
    Also, the grip levels seem sometimes very wrong. You see the car pushing and losing its grip and it understeers massively but instead of losing its grip it plows through, it loses its grip again understeers like hell and loses grip again and understeers again. Like there is something very wrong with the differential. I saw the same thing in PC2. I think Gamermuscle felt that too and he felt no lift off oversteer in many cars. And I feel there is something funky going on.
    One of the biggest things I hated about Project Cars 2 is the floatiness when you sat in the car and when I look at videos of some cars I see the same. It looks like the car isn't connected to the road enough, it floats from left to right it seems, more like a boat.
    One of the things that I also see from Project Cars 2 is, I don't know how to explain Like there is some torsion flex in the chassis in the form of an x (from rear right to front left and from rear left to front right) that resulted in one wheel coming from the ground when going in a corner. It is not that extreme in Automobilista2 but I sometimes see the same thing (also saw something similar with the Porsche GT4 and its bounciness).
    It probably is weird that I post this because I don't own the title. But It is dear to my heart and I see videos from it every day and recognize lots of things from PC2.
    Maybe because I saw that PC2 had so much potential and I see the same here. The bugs would not be too bad if the physics were top notch but I see still too much leftover from PC2 physics-wise. And I hope they nail it because like PC2 this one has so much potential and I find it so sad that not many are playing it.
    I am curious what you find of my findings.
    And so you know I wish the team all the best and they already have done a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd start with this line...

I own both titles and it's chalk and cheese. AMS2 is light years ahead.. I hope you sort a wheel and come join the fun..

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

PC2 to me feels completely arcade, I couldn't lose the M1 Procar there unless I tried really hard. Trying to drive normally following rules of race driving in PC2 has you 5-10 seconds off the TT pace. To me there is no comparison vs. AMS2 in terms of the physics.

Locking differentials are known to be broken in some cars. This forces you to drive them like they have a spool, which is to use power-oversteer to get them to turn.

I have also noticed a certain grip-slip-grip phenomena in AMS2, where the tyres quickly cycle between grip and slip states when loaded. It can be seen in some telemetry readings as well. Seems to be a feature of the Seta tyre model for some reason. Coupled with the diff problems, it might be causing some of the weird cornering feel in some cars.

Subjective. I don't play iRacing but when I see gameplay videos all the cars to me appear to be hovering a few mm above the road. Doesn't make it so.

Real cars move around, they don't travel in a straight line glued to the road at all times, only rotating in response to steering input like bad AC mod cars do. Sometimes they rotate around the front tyres, sometimes around the rear tyres, depends where the grip is. Slip angles exist regardless of how much Dave Kaemmer doesn't believe in them.

Real cars can lift one tyre off the ground when cornering sharply. Also, the Cayman GT4 is bouncy in real life and in most other sims. It's a glorified road-going Porsche with a soft suspension.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

It a shame you don't have a wheel as you are really missing a real gem of a sim, having played many sims over the years each has an element of something to bring to the table, be it a bit of arcade or hardcore sim because each has it's own flavour to suit.

Although I own PCar2 and have played, it does feel lack lustre even with FFB files, this to me is different. I can't remember the last time I have spent hours clocking round a track in TT or racing the AI, yes I said it.... it's just really enjoyable.... ACC was great, but far to serious spending time in MOTEC until your eyes and ideas go square but the racing is fantastic, but for me just not as enjoyable as this.

Personally I like sims that provides that challenge and this does that it heaps. Sometimes it ain't about the finite of the physics, but actual the feel of the game it what really counts. There are issues and some may not agree.... but in the most part is really is amazing in my humble opinion.

Running in VR is just something else, I just can't get enough. I convinced an old sim racer of mate to give it a go and his word were " another racing sim, surely we have got enough ", I said " yeah, we have but have go. " and now he's hooked. I think we may need to join AMS2 Anonymous.

The continued patching of the game shows the commitment to AMS2 which is great and if you haven't yet got it, you need to GET IT , NOW !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

yes please..

• Agree Agree x 2