Bug report Metalmoro (AMS1) - missing front wheels & misplaced pedals

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by keith windsor, Feb 11, 2021.

1. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it's too late to ask for this to be fixed but I'm pretty sure it's only a minor correction needed to fix both these issues -

All metalmoro cars - if you knock the front off, there are no wheels visible from inside the cockpit, though they are still there when viewed form outside.
    Also, the pedals are too close to the steering wheel, so the legs are tiny. Once I noticed it, I can't unsee it!
    I could reach through the steering wheel and tie my laces with my teeth.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

IIRC this is a quirk of the rFactor engine. It doesn't render the front wheels in cockpits on cars where you wouldn't see them, but there is a flag in your player file you can set to enable them. GTR2 had that option for this in its graphics setting which you needed for formula cars, so I guess AMS1 one has it as well.

Go to \UserData\YOUR PROFILE. Open the .plr file, it has the name of your profile. Open it with an editor and look for the entry "Wheels Visible In Cockpit="0"". It's under Graphic options somewhere at line 280. Just change the 0 to an 1.

• Like Like x 1
  3. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I'll check that setting.