HUD ISSUE

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Kevin Pheiffer, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

Hey guys, me again.

This HUD.......:confused:
    During practice Hud works fine, but at the start of a few online races now, when the game goes to race session and I go to track, the HUD is gone......no amount of trying to reset it helps and the only way seems to be to restart the game. Not possible when I'm on the grid with 20+ other cars online.
    Could it be a memory issue? I have 4gigs of Ram and a 1gig Graphics card. Only lately is this happening. I've also tried lowering the graphic settings, no luck. Should I install Java? Sometimes I can see the Tach but very faint and the needle on the speedo is gone. Nothing else shows on the screen.
    Please help if possible, I've run out of ideas.

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a DynHud issue !

Have you tried with yesterday`s patch (1.0.1) to see if it remains ?

3. Gomoto

Gomoto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Similar issue: HUD is ok at 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 but borked at 4k 3840x2160.
    (borked: no HUD or scrambled HUD)

I use LCD and Crewchief, so no problem for me. Could be related to OP problem.

4. OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost New Member

@Gomoto

DynHUD doesn't play nice with AMS, especially with triple screens.

The patch addresses some small issues, but triple screens isn't one of them.

There is a small work around to get past the scrambled/squished HUD.

Go into AMS-config & turn off multiview. Its compresses/garbles the widgets.

You should now be able to see the widgets spread out towards the edges of the triple screens.

Hope this helps.....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  5. OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost New Member

@Kevin Pheiffer

I'll try to help, but I will need some more info. Such as processor & video card/s screen resolution & monitor/s??
    Also, how many cars are in the grid & what track are you using.

Finally, what is the latency between you & the server. {ping rate}.........

6. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

OK, I have a 2.5 Quad-core cpu
    GT430 one gig Graphic
    4gig ram
    1280x1024 Res, single monitor. (tried to change it as well)
    Amount of cars makes no difference
    Track makes no difference
    My ping is 55-70 online (My own vps for my league), but happens even when I drive with other leagues.
    Graphic settings also make no difference, tried them all.
    Windows 7 64bit

7. OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost New Member

@Kevin Pheiffer

I have read most of the previous posts, even with GSCE, and from what I can see this is something only Reiza is going to be able to fix.

Being a 32 bit program utilizing DX9 is taxing the computer hardware. It is not leaving much room for anything else. Hence DynHUD introduces an internal data communications bottleneck coupled with the network communication that is only going to be fixed by Reiza.

Users running high end I7 processors with 980s in SLI are complaining about the same connection problems.

Simplified my HUD and put it into its own custom folder. Both before & after the 1.01 patch, I would get massive stuttering in tight, fast turns: both in our LAN races & in single player. Haven't done online yet.

Strange quirk, if I take the simplified HUD out of the custom folder & place it in the Original folder the stuttering disappears for the most part.

The only suggestions left is decrease the load on the CPU. One at a time, try these changes.
    1. Delete the tach with the pedals & DRS. If you do not need the track map, can it.
    2. Lower the shadow settings.
    3. Drop down to 16 bit color. (your eyes won't know the difference).
    4. Lower your opponents detail.
    5. As a last resort lower the track detail.​

Hope this helps...........

• Like Like x 1