1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. vfragos

vfragos Member

Hi, I'm new to the game and also I just got my new wheel a Thrustmaster TS PC and the T-LCM pedals. What a upgrade from my G29, I'm thrilled! I want to try the latest silver .49 custom file. In the zip file there 3 folders, which one I should use for my wheel, midlevel or highend? Also if you have any recommendations for in game settings to Start off are welcome. Thank you.

2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I always use the high end file with my TSPC, feels absolutely fantastic and I can't go back to default FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you, may I ask what in game settings do you use to try out; Also what settings do you have on the wheel from the thrustmaster software? In thrustmaster software I have set the FFB at 100%

4. tpw

Sure thing:

In game
    Gain: 70
    Low force boost: 50
    FX: 50
    Damping: 50

TM control panel
    Over gain: 80
    Constant: 100
    Periodic: 100
    Spring: 100
    Damper: 100

5. vfragos

vfragos Member

First impressions from the silver .49 The default profile has much more stronger FFB with same in game settings. Is this normal? Using mid-level ang high-end files.

6. barnett71

barnett71 New Member

can anyone reccomend me T150 FFB setup please

7. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

49 has had to have the level of Awesome upgraded just to accommodate it. :)

Never Have I wanted to throw a car around a track so much.
    J

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Yes, that is normal and intended how it behaves in Silver Raw.
    But you can just turn up the gain if you feel it too low. Bear in mind it's a matter of when clipping happens. The higher the force output the more likely you will clip & lose details or lose the difference between weak & strong forces.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'm liking v49 Karsten, it works quite well with the SimuCube1 system. The cornering intensity with high-downforce cars surprised me, in a good way. I did end up lowering the in-game damping to free things up a bit but, I may still have some Damping set at the wheel level so, more experimentation is needed.

As always, I really appreciate the work you put into this. :)

10. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you. What version is recommended to use with my wheel mid-level or high-end,what are the main differences?

11. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Kuku! I like your tune and just now going through it to see what all you tweaked.
    I think the relax_yaw_center is a key variable to reduce the oversteer rebound effect :) I've also turned down LFB which has helped a lot.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, I have also fine-tuned this last 49 file for my Logitech G920, I hope that @Karsten Hvidberg doesn't publish version 50 immediately otherwise I quit my job. :p

It should be fine for logitech wheels in general (but for users of the G29, G27 and other Logitech, they don't like it, I recommend to reset the default values iin the "tighten_range to 0.16 and tighten_falloff to 0.0128", otherwise completely reset and recalibrate the values in the game with higher lfb and gain). ;)
    This time I used some starting values in the game medians and I think I will stay on this range from now on, in each case specifically we have:

Gain 65 (compared to file 48 where I set a gain of 70, now on the 49 we still leave a little more theoretical forces available to scale / accentuate the Karsten file more, I could also start from 50 but I would have to overturn even more the settings of the individual items that we will see later, so ok 65);

LFB 65 (also here, compared to file 48 where I set an LFB of 80, on the 49 we initially and temporarily lighten the central forces with a value of 65, but then we will see that we will tighten the center of the steering wheel with the single entries of the file);

FX 65 (It is the most subjective voice and must be set as desired, for me it is the value that is heard most but that does not disturb all the other aspects);

Damping 7 (With the above mentioned values all a little lower, leaving 50 as in file 48 does not bring the same benefits, as you know this entry I consider it a bit esoteric, but in this file a 7 seems to dampen and level just enough to homogenize everything).

Now let's talk about the .49 file, the version chosen is always the version LOW, but in it I have changed the following strings:
    - I start by saying that I have deliberately left the values of the masters unchanged because in this way, it is easier for those who compose and set the files (Karsten, Panos, Shadak & All Company) to understand the feelings that I communicate to you, considering that they certainly use DD or high-end steering wheels and that they have to tune a file by hearing only our information, so we have (master_rack 0.9) (master_road 1.25) (master_effects 1.55);
    - (tighten_range and (tighten_falloff, it is said that these two functions are mainly intended for logitech and steering wheels, mainly economic, which have a marked central dead zone, but it is not true that they are only useful to them, in fact, it is also possible to use them up to high-end steering wheels, it is obvious that the values will have to be calculated based on your steering wheel and it is also obvious that the values themselves will be increasingly smaller and infinitesimal as the level and quality of the steering wheel increases (in principle, even a Fanatec NOT DD has a very small dead zone ) ... these two values, however, must NOT be used in DD steering wheels as they do not have a dead zone. You must first decide whether or not to validate these functions because they would completely change the settings to be made later. In my case I opted for a tighten_range of 0.10 and a tighten_falloff of 0.005 (this last value was calculated with the wheelcheck 1.72 program with a result of 0,5% of BaseOffset, that is 0,005 on a unitary basis);
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other Changes:
    - (relax_yaw_center 1.0)-----------------------> Original 0.8
    - (tyre_deform_feel 0.5)------------------------> Original 0.6
    - (tyre_stretch_feel 0.1)------------------------> Original 0.4
    - (exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.1)---------> Original 0.0
    - (exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df 0.1)-> Original 0.0
    - (power_steering_lfb 0.15)--------------------> Original 0.1 (0.15 IS IMPORTANT FOR THE CENTER)
    - (velocity_scale 1.00)
    -------------------------> Original 0.95
    - (centering 0.3)----------------------------------> Original 0.6
    - (relax_lateral_center 1.0)-------------------> Original 0.9
    - (rear_grip_loss_feel 0.10)------------------> Original 0.07
    - (micro_bumps_scale 1.5)---------------------> Original 2.4
    - (scrub_scale 0.5)--------------------------------> Original 0.4

FOR ME THEREFORE WE HAVE A NEW WINNER THAT IS * .49 ... ALWAYS THANKS TO ALL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

that’s great
    yes it useful as is centering strength over all.
    I have changed the way i used to run higher lfb with these latest files with the split rack to now running almost none with good results.

14. tpw

I'm really loving the 0.49 version, thanks Karsten et al. Nearly every car I've tried it with has massively improveddriving feel. Unfortunately this doesn't extend to the karts it seems. I tried out the various karts and they were completely undriveable, felt like the FFB was inverted - the wheel pulled in the direction I turned it. Switched back to default and the FFB was fine. Not a big deal for me personally, I don't really enjoy the karts anyway, but it might be worth looking into.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

Ah, thanks,
    After v50 has been tuned and posted we can look at that, hopefully is a simple fix. Never ran them, yet 8)

16. tpw

Cheers Karsten. While you're at it, you might want to take a look at why the steering on all the cars I have tried actually gets heavier if it starts to rain.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

v50 is proving a little tricky. But Karts are now working in it. No time to look at rain issue, so will have to be for v51.
    Hopefully v50 is today or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I noticed the rain issue last night actually.
    i wonder if it related to hot fix that they pushed to try and reduce grip on slicks on a damp track.
    it’s like it’s working in reverse. the gain in weight felt like the same level i would expect things to get a bit light due to less friction.

19. Karsten Hvidberg

So it's also an issue when running "Default" FFB?

20. René Corten

René Corten New Member

Hello all,

Thank you for this wonderful custom FFB. I'm so pleased with what I've noticed after just a few minutes of testing.

I have a DD1 and wanted to ask what values you have set in the DD1 itself?

InGame is documented. But where can I find the recommended values for Base itself?

Thank you very much for the great work!

• Like Like x 1