1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Many of these older F1 cars have the same bug. If your CPU becomes overloaded (as evidenced by the slowdown of the game time), the physics goes nuts under braking with excessive wobbling and bouncing. Usually this happens because of running too many AI opponents, this is the first time I've seen it happen in TT.

2. Aetheon

Aetheon New Member

I'm running a R5 3600 though. It's never happened before. And it's not just the old F1 cars, it's every car I've tried so far, but it's the most obvious amongst the cars I've tried. Strangely enough, I just tested it on a controller and it doesn't seem to happen... I shall test further with my wheel and report back.

Edit: It seems that alt tabbing causes the issue. CPU isn't pegged at all.

Edit 2: Never mind, it still happens after a few laps even without alt tabbing. At this point I'm no longer sure what causes it...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Interlagos historic.
    Car: All P1 class cars
    Issue:
    Intermittent cutting out of gas pedal.
    Whenever I try these cars it seems the gas pedal is intermittently registering, last week I set the 2nd fastest time in time trial mode yet now every time I try the car just does not accelerate as it did.
    E.G. On my PB run I was entering T1 at 185 to 187mph after a warm up lap, today the car cannot reach 165mph at the same place and I can hear and see the gas is sputtering, the speedo rises and stops rises and stops constantly and I can hear the engine apparently cutting out just for an instant.
    This is such an issue I'm over 1.5 seconds down by end of sector 1 vs my own personal best set a few days ago.

Attempts to remedy this:
    I've tested the pedals both in thrustmaster software and the in game calibration looking for fluttering whilst applying pressure and see no issues.
    Verified game cache. No issues found.
    Tested other cars, Campo Grande, F1 Gen 3, model 2, beat my personal best right after noticing this issue, so it's NOT the pedals or a calibration issue.
    Updated wheel firmware.
    Cleaned potentiometers and checked for dust in the pedal base nothing seen and no buildup found.
    Reset wheel to default (in game wheel settings area) and recalibrated everything.
    The only thing that's updated was a Steamworks patch was applied before this glitch occurred.
    I'm currently attempting a re-install of the game (for the 3rd time, see below)...

This is not the 1st time this has happened, I had the exact same issue in the past with the Stock car Brazil 2017 class and also one of the P3 class cars.
    On that occasion I tried all of the above to resolve this and nothing seemed to work, the cars just randomly appeared to start working properly.

Again it's not the wheel or pedals, all software is up to date drivers are current. I've beaten other personal bests immediately before and after trying the P1 cars and noticing the issue before I attempted all of the above fixes.... HELP PLEASE!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

SRS13Rastus
    The only suggestion I can think of is a lot of the P1's use Traction Control and the old F1's don't so is the TC set to authentic and the setup has TC set to a low number(high TC, IIRC). I would point out though that TC & ABS are disabled for all cars for myself so this is a stab in the dark.

5. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed once when doing some testing that when I had aids on STAB and TC that some cars were very reluctant to accelerate off the curbs

6. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.1.1.3
    Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: Formula Reiza, Formula V10 Gen2
    Applicable Settings
    : drive at 10 kph
    Report: the car shakes while at low speed

7. AndreiC

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen1, Formula V10 Gen2, Formula V12
    Applicable Settings
    : Start a race drive a few meters then brake, stop the car, clutch will not engage automatically and the engine will stop.
    Report: Auto clutch only works at start.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai Classic
    Car Used: Formula Classic GEN3
    Applicable Settings: race weekend
    Report: Cars (AI or player) which exit pits are hit by cars which are on track entering turn 1.
    Front car has just exited pits and is hit by car which is on track entering turn 1
    ss134400.jpg
    Car does a looping
    ss134513.jpg
    To be much more funny, car tries to escape gravel
    ss134548.jpg
    And go back to track to do what???? going back to pit without front wheels?? how can this guy steer??
    ss134614.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AndreiC

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Puma GTB
    Applicable Settings
    : Set brake pressure in car setup at maximum, accelerate to maximum speed on Imola 2018 straight brake as hard as you can until the car stops
    Report: Brakes never lock not matter how hard you brake

10. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Vee rear suspension animation shows the axle moving up and down in the centre of the wheel. rather than a fixed point at wheel centre and the car moving up and down.

11. AndreiC

"In order to avoid multiple topics on the same subject, and let you know if your issue has been reported, this will be the official thread for reporting bugs or issues. This will help us give a quicker response to the reports.

Try to follow the example below, so the issue can be reproduced by the reader:

Track & Layout Used: Imola Historic 2001 (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Formula V10
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Storm (other settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: Rain droplets running on the opposite way through the windshield.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula V10 in a Rainy session, and pay attention to the windshield."

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AndreiC

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Fusca Classic SL
    Applicable Settings
    : Race against AI
    Report: Relative times are not displayed correctly

Attached Files:

13. AndreiC

Track & Layout Used
    : Cadwell Park
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings
    : Race against AI
    Report: Start lights look pixelated

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: IANY
    Car Used: Formula VEE
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula VEE and watch the rear suspension not working correctly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Poor open wheelers. They are like orphan kid to Reiza

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: AI Race
    Report: Changing camera view to AI during replay breaks cockpit camera
    Steps to reproduce:

Start an AI race. After the start, go to replay mode and click one of the AI drivers names to change the camera focus to them. Leave the replay and unpause. The camera will now move back to the external AI camera instead of the player's cockpit, making driving impossible. Restarting the race session does not fix the camera issue.

17. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Track & Layout Used: Any (observed in brands)
    Car Used: BMW M6 GT3
    Applicable Settings: Livery #91 / Single Race
    Report: Red painting all over the car when in cockpit camera evn though it is gray/green neutrally
    Steps to reproduce: Select car and livery 91, get into race and into cockpit camera

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. João Labres

João Labres New Member

Version: 1.1.1.3.1514.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any

Report: All times are being saved without the enough tenths resolution. probably the database table has not the resolution to save all the times correctly, losing information.

I'm attaching 15 images with examples of this round, every print screen was made right after the start/finish line. We can see that sometimes the lap time being an odd number, it's saved as an even number. Probably the database are using a function to round the lap time to a number multiple of something. I think that this is useful to reduce the cache memory, but you start to lose information.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Automatic by Weather not always selecting the right tyre.
    In a league race last night that was a wet race. During qualifying it started to dry out so I switched to slicks from automatic (which had selected wets) to finish qualifying.
    When the race started which was full rain weather I checked the tyres and automatic by weather was selected by default. Started the race and noticed the handling was appalling and when I checked the tyres they were slicks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Bug Report

• Agree Agree x 1