1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Let's not miss the coming off the curb...It does seem a bit over the top/harsh regards the parameters of the suspension. Seen easily if you watch the video in 0.25 speed.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but which has ON/NO?

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The car in the game hit the curb. The one in the video did not...

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I asked 3 times in this thread and still got no answer. This is now number 4. :D

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Not here. It always shows me the car which I raced during my last race weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sorry that I wasn't more specific, I was just following the same mental model as the people in this thread who brought up the topic.

No options have alternatives ON/NO. The issue is that some options have alternatives YES/NO, and others have alternatives ON/OFF. So it's the combination of options with a selected value of ON when compared to nearby options with a selected value of NO which is the root of the problem. When a user navigates this user interface, it is difficult even for non-dyslectics to quickly determine if options are enabled or disabled. The reason for this difficulty is three-fold:
    1. The selected value has the same width across these fields, so you need to actually read what it says and not just scan vertically
    2. Even when you take time to read what the value says, it's the same letters just in a different order, to it requires a lot of cognitive strain to interpret correctly.
    3. Lack of user interface consistency. One expects a binary option to follow the same interface pattern across the whole interface. It is bad practice to have one option have alternatives yes/no, the next one on/off, the third one true/false, enabled/disabled, checked/unchecked…
    This is not a bug, so I haven't registered it as one, but it's a bad design detail which if improved will improve quality of life for many people, and improve accessibility for dyslectics and the visually impaired.

I hope this cleared things up :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the feedback.

It use to do it a lot and then it was pretty good for a long while, with only the occasional reset.. For whatever reason this latest build has reverted back to it's old behaviour. I have a feeling it may not like it if you do not complete the race weekend. I did delete the AMS2 folder for this update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes!
    Some elements make more sense with on/off, some more sense with yes/no (but the minority really needs it), though, but i see, where you are coming from and basically agree.

9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear REIZA team:
    I love your work and I am always really excited what will come to AMS as next and there are many things I can not expect.
    But there are also many things unfinished since more than a year.
    Would it be possible to spend some more time to finish active projects first before doing new ones?
    For example, F-classic G3 are not finished.
    Pilots sitting somewhere in the car, no suspension animation (i.e. no animated camber or chassis movement caused by downforce and many more).
    Also F-ultima, V10, V12,.... are not finished.
    ss144128.jpg
    ss144200.jpg
    The same here: it looks like a camber of +1° / +2° instead of the used -2.8°
    ss145756.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion yes these cars are also to slippery.
    These are 2020(450hp/400Nm) models and we also have 2019(450hp/400Nm) models in AMS2.
    In AMS1 we had 2015(440hp/524Nm) and 2017(432hp/513Nm) models so you cannot compare in theory the 2020 car with older cars.
    As it was said above by somebody else the 2020 models have less grip than older models but if you check the power/torque specs are the same 2019 and 2020 in AMS 2.
    You can try and compare the cars exiting a slow corner where as far as I know aerodynamics cannot help much, something like 7th corner at Imola.
    You will notice with the 2020 model you can barely push the throttle pedal trying to exit the corner and you are always on the limit of grip, to be certain you do not spin you need so short shift, while with 2019 model I had to go and check if the TC is not ON because it was so much more easier, is just a massive difference.
    I feel like the cars suffer from the same problem many cars still have in AMS2, I think it has to do with the engine and transmission inertia. I say this because If you search older updates of the game and it happened that you drove the car before those updates you will notice that after the update the cars become less slippery and the parameters that were changed were engine and transmission inertia according to the update log.

Another car that I feel suffers from the same problem that I think it has to do with the engine and transmission inertia and also other is the Super V8 car.
    This car is the same model in both AMS2 and AMS 1 so one can test drive the car in both sims and from what I can see the difference in this case is night and day.
    This car in AMS1 is definitely a car that you need how to drive to be fast, is not similar to other cars in the game but is very enjoyable and rewarding once you know how to drive it.
    Moving on to AMS2 this car feels like some other formula 1 cars as mentioned in the previous post. Something strange is happening with the back of the car, is like it has mind of its own just moves slightly left and right for no reason at the slightest steering input and cannot be trusted in left right corners like the first one at Imola 2001 so you are always under driving the car.
    Also the car for me feels bigger than in AMS1 and as the Stockcar 2020 but in this case a lot more there is much less grip when exiting corners(a good example is the 7th corner at Imola 2001) and also the car is a lot more aggressive when you are approaching the limit. AMS1 car feel like it is on rails and has TC so much better than AMS2 :(

Edit: I forgot to mention StockCar 2020 are also aggressive an twichie on the limit

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

I don't understand..

The M1 Pro is one of my favorites in AMS2. It's a bloody beauty..

One thing though. Even with it's chunky rubber on the rear, this high reving 500 hp monster can not break out and do a burnout.. Stall it up and dump the clutch and you will see.

I don't know about that one..

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. theF1man

theF1man Member

Love the new updates and cars thank you Reiza, F-ultima, V10, V12 F3s Still have static wheels, please fix and get rid of them Reiza, its so hard to get immersed when you see another steering wheel behind your steering wheel in these great cars

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. AndreiC

It's a little difficult to do a burnout but is possible. Also the mod for rf2 is not that easy to do burnouts with if it has any relevance.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. AndreiC

These is one of those features that actually needs to be split in 2 options in the menu like in AC. I like to lock the steering wheel and keep see it in cockpit for example.

Attached Files:

• AC.jpg
      AC.jpg
      File size:
      301.3 KB
      Views:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Coanda

Nice and timid however a burnout is not a doughnut. This thing should be off it's brain..

16. AndreiC

"This thing should be off it's brain.." I couldn't say :)!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Coanda

Back in the day I have driven a couple of cars in 400-500 hp range. No sweat to light em up and not just in 1st gear too..

Some monster flames would be sweet as well.. I hope some day Reiza bring a few more vehicles similar to this as they are a ton of fun to drive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here I am hoping Reiza doesn't bring any new content in the next update, so the focus is 100% on fixing and adjusting the amazing cars and tracks we already have.

If the next update was solely enabling MP session restart, reordering de grid and applying penalties by a race director that would be extraordinary already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There is still one thing that annoys me a bit, it got better within the updates, though.
    It is about AI behaviour during overtaking on the inside, they still tend to come over to your car in situations where a real race driver, who is not completely crazy, would step back in order to avoid a crash.

Example: When you follow an opponent up the hill in Spielberg GP/sector 1 and overtake the AI out of the slipstream before the hairpin and being actually in front before the corner on the inside, it still tries to force it's way through from the outside of the hairpin just like you were not there, risking a collision, rather going off track than stepping back. I often watch these situations in replays in order to check if my overtaking just was too rude and unreasonable. There I noticed that the AI somehow steps back on the throttle in breaking zone, just to avoid letting you pass, when you go side by side for a short time during the manoeuvre.
    They do not act that crazy as in early builds anymore, when they just brutally rammed you off track, but they still tend to come to your side. Not a big thing with roof top cars, but when driving open wheelers, the AI hangs up in your tyres and turns player's car around.
    Have not seen this behaviour when AI are overtaking each others, here the car on the inside can slip through without being harshly attacked by the opponent on the outside.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. For some reason when the AI is close to the player they still seem to find speed all of a sudden out of nowhere. There seems to be a way and a pace they drive at when they are alone and one when the player is close by: they start lapping faster than P1 just as they have you in sight. All of a sudden they start lapping much faster throwing unbelievable sends in the braking zone, harassing you even where there is nowhere to go.

• Agree Agree x 2