1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 January 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Well, using the default set-up and taking the car to Kansai (P session with newly green track) as you suggested, I found the car incredibly pleasant to drive. It is not one of the vehicles in the game that has "heavy FFB" (like the Group A); the rear-end is planted in all situations where you would want it or need it to be (over-cooking T1 and hitting the curbs; through the esses; Spoon curve; flat through 130R); no braking issues...overall one of the best formula cars in the game based on what I have driven lately (many have issues still).

I have no idea if your expectation for lap time is plausible given the latest physics and live track changes. We never know how well the AI are calibrated, but they are nowhere near 1:37's.

Could you just try going in a normal P session (I had 19 AI) to see if there is any difference at your end? Maybe there is something affecting the TT cars or environment? If you say the P session car is as you describe above, I will then try TT here to see if I can notice any difference. But based on driving it twice in the last two days, the F-Classic G3M1 is definitely one of my favourite historic open-wheelers in AMS 2!

2. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What with the current quality level of the latest version, and fingers firmly crossed regarding the custom championship tool, March could just be the time I start driving AMS2 more than AMS1 :)

I am so hoping we can edit driver names and parameters to create custom rosters for our championships..... please, please please.... :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There is a misunderstanding:I did not mention the laptimes of the AI in this class, but just mine. Before and after the update. Model 1 car behaves different now. Managed times about hight 1.36.xx before in TT (which by now is the TT record with this model I guess) and, with fuel consumption, low 1.37.xx in test day/ single races. After latest update, my best time in practice and races is an 1.37.5, much slower than before. In TT I failed to come near my best time, too.
    There were changes in torque curve and brake bias on this car, as Renato stated within the notes. Car is still nice to drive, but not as fun and fast than before.
    Another thing he stated in the TT - thread:
    "We found one source of small grip degradation in TT vs v1.1.0.5, relates to the reduced baseline grip on a green track - this will be rectified for tomorrow´s hotfix."

So, something went wrong with track conditions in TT.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The tires feel like they do not have any tire slip angle. It is either grip or it slips. The 2020 cars are much better than in 2019 and 2018.

And they felt muted, less feedback than what used to be in AC.

In terms of GT3, I prefer R3E and rF2 ones the most. Don't like ACC one much. AMS2 is pretty good but i think other cars are more fun in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Aussie V8 cousin to the Omega..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any news about historic track pack?
    Just hope that it won't take too long anymore.
    Till they come having fun on modern tracks.
    ss141124.jpg ss141322.jpg ss141443.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the "Historic track pack" does anyone know if Snetterton will get a historic variant?
    I found this 1967 version of Snetterton for AC a while back and even though is not that good, quality wise, with slower cars due to the vegetation that makes the corners blind and the simple layout is really enjoyable to drive and with all the oldies objescts around the track is kinda unique.
    It would be a great addition to AMS2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. alink

Right track :), wrong car :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As I understood the official announcement of comming historic tracks then most of them (all?) would be historic versions of tracks allready in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. alink

If so, :D what I hope as well :D, then it is understandable why it takes longer than expected (wasn't it for Nov. 2020 update?).
    But I have never heard that historic tracks / layouts from Suzuka, Snetterton, BrandsHatch, Monaco, or most brasilian tracks and others are planned, but Jerez, Estoril, Spa, Nurburgring, Kyalami were announced definitely.
    Good things will take a while, hopefully not toooooo long so that I am still alive to enjoy ;)

11. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Still no roadmap for 2021 or I’ve just missed?

12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

13. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

14. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Now I’m not whingeing or overly hankering (actually I’m completely hankering) for the classic 60s Spa layout....but do we have an estimated/planned release period for this?

I’m only asking as I love crashing through hay bales more than anything:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think given the backlash they were receiving every month for something that's not there yet it's not worth sticking to a detailed schedule. They're not messing around and it'll be ready once feature is finished. I definitely prefer quality over sticking to estimated delivery dates.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

For me a more general or long term roadmap is enough (somewhat :D).
    Because then I can as example today(25 feb) imagine how great it will be to take the new group C monsters out on Nordschleife next week.
    Eventhough I know this probably not gonna happen.;)

ByTheWay: To the best of my knowledge the team behing Raceroom stopped publishing roadmaps with specific dates - because a lot of the most impatient users did behave as assholes when the dates sometimes was "overstepped".:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This mornings beta update we got came at 2:30 am Brazilian time :eek: I'm not sure Reiza are human :confused: I've seen some of their lap times on track and they do resemble alien lap times :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it any good?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So far it seems to have addressed most of the earlier negative feedbacks on certain matters according to the first comments posted in the past hours. Let's see across the coming days/hours. Reiza is working hard for sure ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, what a first sentence! :cool::p