1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version:1.1.1.1.1504
    Car used: Formula V10 Gen 2
    Track used: Brasilia Outer
    AI Strength setting: 110
    Corner (if issue is corner specific):All, specially corner two and coming out of the last corner
    Session Distance: 30 minutes
    Weather when the issue was observed: Light Cloud - Rain
    Player Tyre: soft slick change to Wet in the race
    AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): ?
    Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): race

You could say the AI is to slow in the rain, 4 seconds slower than i am, but I think the V10 Gen2 is to easy to drive in the rain, so I am to fast.

Less but still accidents in corner two and coming out of the last corner, AI is pushing each other onto the high curbs, upsetting the pushed car, which spins into other AI-cars

AI-car crashed in the pit-entry and remains there upside down during the rest of the race

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version:1.1.1.1.1504
    Car used: Formula 3 - 309
    Track used: Spa
    AI Strength setting: 103. 70% Aggression
    Corner (if issue is corner specific): t3, t4, t5, t9, t10
    Session Distance: 10 laps
    Weather when the issue was observed: Light Cloud
    Player Tyre: soft slick

Issue: The AI is having a really hard time around the turns mentioned above. They hit the curbs and fly through them/the track causing accidents with other AI. This happens every lap. On lap 5 out of 10 I was already on p5 after starting on p24, simply because the AI were killing themselves at those corners. One of the AI hit what I thought was an invisible wall at t10 and retired. But that only happened once, so I think it could have been a piece of debrie from another car.
    This one needs a fix soon, it looks pretty ugly, although I had some good laughs seeing the AI crashing around. :p

3. Repo

Repo New Member

• Car / Track used: Mclaren GT3 / Bathurst
    • AI Strength setting: 75%
    • Corner (if issue is corner specific): N/A
    • AI Aggression setting: 100%
    • Session Distance: 1H
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Clear
    • Player Tyre: Default
    • AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): ?
    • Type of session when the issue was observed: Practice
      Problem:
      AI co-driver that you can swap to in pits will drive at a suspected 100% ai strength regardless of session setting. Tested by setting them to drive aprox. 5 laps around circuit and comparing lap times to the other cars on track. Averaging 9-10 seconds faster than the rest of the field. I'd imagine setting the AI higher than 100% and the co-driver would start to lose pace with the group.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

• Car / Track used: Multiclass P1, P2, GT3, GT4 at Interlagos
    • AI Strength setting: 80
    • AI Aggression setting: 70
    • Session Distance: 10 Minutes Practice & Qualification, 15 Minutes Race
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Light Rain / Cloudy
    • Player Tyre: Wet / Slick
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): Practice, Qualifying and Race
    • Description of the problem:
    On a race weekend set as above (Multiclass P1, P2, GT3 and GT4) at Interlagos, the AI exhibited several issues over the course of the individual sessions. First off, in this multiclass environment the AI completely ignored me as player (in a P1 vehicle - Metalmoro AJR Chevy V8) and repeatedly shoved me off track. This issue persisted across all sessions.

Moreover, the AI struggled greatly with overtakes in this multiclass setting, often clumping together into groups of slow cars followed by faster ones.

Additionally AI performance between dry and wet conditions in each session varied wildly. With all that traffic (29 opponents) on track I was barely able to get P1 during practice in dry conditions. However, Qualifying had light rain and the fastest AI prototype easily beat me by 1.5 seconds despite me getting in at least two clean, fast laps without being slowed down by traffic, resulting in me taking second to last place in my class. Taking the conditions and traffic into account, their pace was definitely too quick compared to the previous session.

Throughout all sessions, AI speed in the same class as me was okay on the straights, but braking points were often a little too early. Despite this, the AI seems slightly too fast throughout and accelerating out of several turns. That being said, judging from their performance when seen on track the resulting lap times seemed inexplicably fast - especially considering the traffic on track.

Unfortunately I could not finish the race because I was being run off the track by the AI over and over again. After several restarts I had to quit.

Oh, and one more thing - the AI controlling the player car during rolling starts *always* ended up ramming the vehicle ahead, resulting in an automatic penalty for the player. The only way I could - somehow?! - avoid this was to press some buttons on my wheel, i.e. cut the engine or try to engage the pit limiter. For some reason this would lead to the AI not accelerating as much (and also to me missing a good start, but that's besides the point).

5. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Two issues:

1) I think this may be a known issue. Did a 20 lap race at Austria with a mandatory pit stop. Car was the the F-309 with AI Strength at 92 and aggression and 61. Dry weather and default tires. I decided I was going to wait to pit until after the AI around me did. I pitted on lap 19. All but 2 of the AI cars didn't pit and got disqualified.

2) This one should maybe be taken with some skepticism since I am a bit of a newbie.

Car: McLaren GT3
    Track: Ibarra
    AI Strength/Aggression: 80/61
    Distance: 20 laps--race only
    Weather: Dry
    Tire: Default
    Issue: The right turn at the bottom of the big hill--if I try to brake when the AI cars do, I run off the track. I mention this only because it seems a bit similar to the Virginia issue mentioned earlier with braking and turning at the bottom of a hill (I also get crushed by the AI at that section at Virginia!). So, I thought I'd mention it.

As a side note--love, love, love AMS2! My favorite sim!

6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: V1.1.1.1.1504.AVX
    Car / Track used: GT1 Mercedes @ Kyalami Modern with the other GT1 cars
    AI Strength setting: 100
    Corner (if issue is corner specific): 6 Sunset / 8+9 The Esses / 16 Ingwe
    AI Aggression setting: 50
    Session Distance: 15 laps
    Weather when the issue was observed: mid clear to random
    Player Tyre: /
    AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): /
    Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): Race

Might be that I'm really bad at 6 Sunset and 8+9 The Esses however at these corners the AI is a lot faster than me, especially at 6. They seem to have supergrip here, perhaps they have a setup with more downforce? Also they're really fast throughout the esses. On all other parts of the track I can keep up with them. The AI could be faster through 16 Ingwe, the last corner before start finish, here I can gain lots of time. So all in all my laptimes compared to the AIs are similar but it feels inconsistent over a lap if you know what I mean. :)

[​IMG]

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version:1.1.1.3
    Car used: Formula Reiza
    Track used: Jerez Chicane
    AI Strength setting: 100
    Corner (if issue is corner specific):
    Session Distance: 34 laps
    Weather when the issue was observed: Clear - Light Cloud
    Player Tyre: soft

Formula Reiza Championship, race at Jerez, 34 laps, dry race. The AI seem to have tyres with infinite life span. My tyres were gone by lap 18, so I had to pit in. The AI seemed to completely ignore tyre wear and carried on til the end of the race.

In summary: AI seem to ignore tyre wear, player is forced to pit in, therefore F-Reiza Championship is pointless atm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.1.1.1
    Car / Track: M1 + DTM at Bathurst
    AI Strength: 100%
    Track Position: Mountain Straight
    AI Aggression: 80%
    Session Distance: Start P1
    Weather: Dry Heavy Cloud A19 TT20
    Player Tyre: Soft Slick
    AI Tyre: Slick
    Session Type: P1
    Notes: Nothing major. I was messing around with my wheel so I exited the pits and was cruising on the race line. All the cars behind me that exited the pits slow down just before they rear end me and rather than going around they apply throttle and try and bump me out of the way.. Pretty funny..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Coanda

Car / Track: M1 + DTM at Bathurst
    Track Position: Murrays Corner / Main Straight
    Session Distance: Start of Race
    Session Type: Race
    Notes: From position 1 the race goes green on a rolling start whilst you are still exiting Murrays Corner. Please extend this a little. As a bonus it would be really nice if there were some variability built in so the rolling starts do not become predictable when going green. I can not add a video as the replay does not record this.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  10. Coanda

Car / Track: M1
    Track Position: T5 & T6
    Session Distance: NA
    Session Type: P1 & Race
    Notes: Ai are slow and hesitant through T5 & T6. Compared to the rest of their lap pace they are fairly slow up to T10 - McPhillamy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

Car / Track: M1
    Track Position: Main Staright
    Session Distance: Lap 2/10
    Session Type: Race
    Notes: That's me in the orange M1 missing and trying to find 3rd gear. The Ai did not try and overtake me. Should have maybe pulled out earlier instead of getting up my rear..

12. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Formula 3 with 6 speed gearbox. Silverstone 1991 sunny clear dry conditions. AI strength 95-100 and aggression 100. 5 lap sprint race with 19 AI.
    I’m sure this will be for all cars because it’s the racing line they take.
    When following a AI into T1 Copse, whether it be from a standing start or following them on lap 2 or 3 they can’t deal with Copse corner kerbs.
    You are right up behind the AI going over start finish line, they move over to the right into the centre of the track, to cover a line no one will take in a million years, they then realise they need to get over to the left to hit the apex of Copse. They can’t get a decent angle so they drive into the kerb and they take flight.
    This happened on lap 1, the lead car covered two AI behind it, then launched and retired.
    Lap 2 I was behind the lead car going down the start finish straight, it moved to the right to cover off Copse, realised it couldn’t make the angle hit the kerb straight into the air and I drove under him into first place. He retired.
    Lap 3 going into Copse I’m in first place, the AI directly behind me decides he will have a cheeky look into Copse, realises he can’t make the apex, hits the kerb, takes out two other AI. All three retire.
    Five cars retired in a five lap race all because of the high kerb at Copse.
    There is no need for them to cover that line as no one would ever dare pass at Copse corner because it’s suicidal and they also shouldn’t be looking to put their nose close to my rear right tyre to take a cheeky look to pass me there either.
    I get a ton of slip stream off them down the hanger straight, which you could argue probably a little bit too strong. They don’t seem to benefit from any slip stream from me, when roles are reversed.
    Other than that their lap times are nearly as quick as mine at 100% and I’m very happy racing them all over the track, apart from Copse, they suck balls at Copse!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version: 1.1.1.3
    Car used: Copa Montana
    Track used: Velopark 2010
    AI Strength setting: 93
    Corner (if issue is corner specific): Last corner
    Weather when the issue was observed: Heavy cloud
    Player Tyre: Soft slick
    Type of session: Quali

AI gets an INSANE speed boost out of the final corner, gains 2+ seconds on the player compared to rest of the circuit.

14. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

- Mini JCW / Donington National
    - AI 100/80
    - Race session in all default values (time, setup, weather (clear) etc)

- Last corner, the ESSES, AI is EXTREMELY slow on exit, can gain 1 second on the AI in every lap there. Without cutting :)

- The corner just before, COPPICE, AI on exit is a bit too fast in this case, very notably faster than in all other corners. Could be car related though, because the Mini for the player car does not have good enough traction out of this corner.

- Edit: Also they are quote sliw after the McLeans corner, although not as much as in the Esses

- All other corners seem to be well enough balanced

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. orost

orost New Member

• Game version: 1.1.1.3 (Newest as of 2021.02.25)
    • Car / Track used: Nurburgring Veedol 2020, Mercedes 190E Evo 2 DTM
    • AI Strength setting: Linked video recorded on 90%, but the same happens on 100%
    • Corner (if issue is corner specific): Starting straight
    • AI Aggression setting: 50%
    • Session Distance: 10 laps
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Light clouds
    • Player Tyre: Slick
    • AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): Presumably also slick
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race): Race
    • Video:
    • Note: The AI is extremely slow at getting off the line in this car, to the point the player can easily advance from the rear to 1st place before turn 1.

16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

• Car / Track used: Stock Car 2020 Goiania
    • AI Strength setting: 95/100
    • Corner (if issue is corner specific): Main Straight
    • AI Aggression setting: 100
    • Session Distance: Full
    • Weather when the issue was observed: Any
    • Player Tyre: NA
    • AI Tyre (if known to be different from player): NA
    • Type of session when the issue was observed (practice / quali / race) Any
    On leaving the pits if the player moves to the left side of the track once the white pitlane exit line is passed, the ai will ram in the rear, making no attempt to move past to the right or avoid in any sense. Speed differential only about 10-20km per hour as almost up to speed at point this is seen to occur. Easy to replicate.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The ramming is a definite issue that is being worked on, but you do realize that a polite racer would not move over to the race line at Goiania until cars already on the straight approaching T1 are past, or, you are up to 100% race speed (not even 99%, since this is the most important braking point on the whole lap that will ruin someone's lap if interfered with). You don't make the faster approaching car swerve over to the right and go off the race line.

18. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Naturally :whistle:

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI blocks and races you on their in- and outlap in practice/qualifying, destroying player's lap.
    This occurs in many racing titles, but maybe the devs could have on eye on that issue.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Coanda

1.1.2.0 - GT1's still slow down Conrod Straight at Bathurst.