1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toxic multiplayer open lobby

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Supermax, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

60% of these pathetic simracers(in open lobby) are not able to finish a 6 !!!! lap race, but they all want to be first after t1.

to whom it may concern............... get lost!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK - but how was your own race?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hehe. He was raging and raging and raging that race. Group A at Londrina Short. Never saw someone rage so much. 20 minutes lost due everyone crashing T1, lol.

Personally I was super lucky with a perfect launch at first place. :p

4. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

.....and if u share a race with good drivers, most of them will be arrogant and disrespectful.sad openlobby community.

5. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Apart from the occasional tool that has bought the game just to cause carnage I've found the racing to be quite respectful mostly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. aeronpet

aeronpet New Member

Also think its quite respectfull the most of the time. We (me and 2 friends) somtimes create an open lobby with short races. Beside some people are not able to drive 5 laps without crashing it works fine the most of the time.
    In 200h we hat 2 times people online that crashed intentionaly. I think some ranking system would help alot to avoide some of the crash dudes.... on the other hand the playerbase is currently to small to devide the players into classes.

7. Squalido

Squalido New Member

I think it is difficult to expect good open lobby multiplayer in a game with that many different cars/tracks. There is a big probability that people joining a race aren't familiarized with the track/car combination being used or maybe they haven't practiced it recently. Having open/public scheduled races can improve this and make the multiplayer experience a lot better.

8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

aren't the most open lobbies GT1/GT3 @ Spa/Imola/Bathurst/Spielberg?
    If you are not prepared for that, your aren't prepared for anything :p

• Like Like x 3
  9. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Not everyone has good spacial awareness and not everyone who can put a fast lap can overtake.

Incidents will happen, including real life racing from lower classes to the peak of motorsports (F1) you will always see incidents that will make you say "that was a really stupid move" but thats racing.
    Incident happen even with the best from Schumacher, Lewis, Max, Senna.

It's the intentional ramming, donuts in the pits and generally unsporting behaviour that needs control.

But overall I'd say AMS2 has a fairly decent crowd.

My problem with MP is when you have nothing to gain or lose you take more risks and then you can easily quit when it goes wrong.

Seeing a lobby with 20 people go to 5 before the end of the race is very discouraging.

Hoping for hard rules for MP, part of the simulation factor is emulating real life racing like driver points, giving the car on an outlap space on a Quali session.

One pet hate, am sure DD users will agree is auto drive in the pit should be removed.
    If you can't keep to a speed limit of 60 after a while then you have a problem. Then wheel kicks in and almost trys to break your wrist.

Overall AMS2 has a fairly decent crowd online.

Toxic is the wrong word for frustration.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats why I refrain from doing long practices, Q and Races in public MP. Telling me it's 22 and then 2 laps later its already down to 9, lol.

Soon there will be more and better championships & career. That's where I am going to put my time from then. I went from Oulton + Cars testing in Beta to testing AI to playing MP. Soon switching to Championships & Career. Some MP for fun, tho. Still need to beat @CrimsonEminence

• Like Like x 1
  11. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Actually I didn’t encounter, or so rare that I have already neglected, toxic players. Since I quite enjoyed each time in a lobby. Maybe it is luck :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@Marius H
    Do not expect career mode to appear this year.
    But do expect bugs and flaws after its appearance.:rolleyes: