1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim Racing. General discussions and thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maser V6, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed I watch his vid on abs/tc vs off months ago (maybe I link it here).
    Different note
    Ref aero Brabham I took a lots of shots/stills of approach to 1st jump Nords last night and the cars bottomed out, almost scrapping floor for most of the approach. Just by stiffening rr spring and no other ajustments crest was doable rr wing 7 The springs are very soft esp default. Car just bottoms out on approach ( for a long way?)and then the unsettling death. may upload them later.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. Maser V6

With the new Gt1 Mercedes in ams 2 and even with my mickey mouse brake pedals I have to say with tc and abs/ fully and correctly off, This car has amazing brakes, and with the current ffb etc is a pleasure to run in. (though the rear boots will loose grip fairly fast, must try the hards)
    Your preference.
    Assists on or off? Are you faster / slower?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It is just strange, that the rear jumps first, instead of the front. I don't find an explanation for it, yet.
    ABS on, TC as low as possible (in non-aid-dedicated cars always off)
    (Race)ABS in right use will always improve your times.

4. Maser V6

Between working (at home atm) Will try and put images up from Monday. ref this and hypothesis based on the jump is a double crest images hint/confirm, (1st being light but enough to weight shift) hence suspension unsettled out prior to larger of the 2 crests. (2nd crest will send rrear up)
    Offroad 2 wheels it was easy on 2 or more bumps/crest if the pitch between them was such and weight shift (+ in this case aero)that the front wheel be on ground and rrear off at 2nd crest. Rider would be front "wheeling" with consequences
    Coupled with too soft & underdamped springs (bt44)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  5. CrimsonEminence

Yes, the car is doing an Endo.
    Sorry, it might be an understanding problem, but i don't know, what you are trying to explain. ^^'

6. Maser V6

@Cully Thanks for question.
    I drive limited cars in most sims I try but hopefully we may have a similar taste at least for a few.
    My prefs are primarily.
    TC/abs none. If fitted then disabled.
    Vintage/Classics/retros/ procar/gt1/group c/ trainers/Cats/Montana/ p1/2/3/4
    need to revisit camaro both, and retest Edit the road class cars have improved also
    Will give my thoughts and reason for saying "close to good or very good" more detailed later.
    Interestingly I was going to replicate the the reviewers test in the GT1 Merc and maybe Porsche and validated or not some of the points raised by him and me from the thread, you read.
    maybe a vid
    Will be back meantime have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maser V6

Well this weeks video choice.
    Some said on forums in anticipation of this tracks addition to AMS2 that its too narrow to race here? really. Well its not easy for sure, but.
    Successful 60 year old ex F1.and Le Man driver Martin Brundle goes back to school to get his Nordsliefe racing licence.
    Fascinating look at whats involved including tracks tips from his son and the goal? to race the GT4 Aston martin. (in the rain !!!) against the Mercs and others
    If you have 20 mins or so. worth the watch.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. mrjiffy6

mrjiffy6 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Following @Kostis Vigos post about FFB feeling in rainy conditions and related discussions on main V1.1.0.3 thread, I thought I would post this video here. It is really interesting to watch. Patrick was constantly on the edge with this one. Kudos to him and may he rest in peace.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maser V6

Ha Hi M J, lol yes great driving, guys back then had nuts. in the races back then they were not afraid of heavy rain as much as today, saftey car out for a shower hardly spray etc/ There have been a few.
    loved Max V at Interlagos nearly ending in pit lane. master save nice and wet.
    Was thinking today after watching an old beta wet test vid that I will run same test again as a comparison .Storm at Kaya h Sigma vs Duratec make some vids now I recall how. Spent too much time posting and reading.
    After last nights disaster and no race. heck. What can u say.

edit cut

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  10. Maser V6

This weeks post was to be a Question about your thoughts on head tracking apps/hardware in ams 2. (feel free to add).
    However with the addition of the popular Gt1 class cars and for me the Merc GT1 I thought a coffee and some story line on this car.
    Enjoy
    Inc the alleged rarest car of them all!.
    Mark webber flipped more than once

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  11. Maser V6

Just love this chaps vids. As for the motion rig etc well. wont have one unless lottery favours me.
    Oh I dont do it so no chance there.
    seriously though if you have not so far check out his channel its worth a look.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Looks like a nice relationship, I wish my father was alive so I could try this with him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

He is doing great things for Sim racing.
    I don't think he has motion, just enthusiastic head/body movements. Will need to go back and rewatch his rig tour video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maser V6

Yes, was thinking of another /rig.
    Just had delanclip head track thing for my birthday, its much better than single screen for seeing the mirrors in the GT1 Merc tub. Only used it a couple of times this week due to "wheel driver issues.
    My rig has motion also!, but thats just cause its bloodly wobbly!! and unfinished.

Was Online testings last night ran the same test as "360" video. Interestingly BT44 felt better and confirmed in my times with same as previous ai level. Tyres ????Changed thanks to devs, not placebo for speed increase I dont think.Just felt better and more grippy at top of hill.
    Back into 0.52 laps. at 100/100 ended up on pole. Not the object of test so bumped them up to an eventual 115/100, and switched to single player so as to avoid Q and start race immediately. Mental fun But
    at that level it took 6 restarts because the ai kept crashing at t1. They dont do this so much at same level online. Switch back to online and eventually @Alexandre Sene ( sorry I had to leave see @below) joined so we ran a race. I only mention because he then requested a road race, and choose Adelaide. ha, now running ai at 110/100 and :eek::eek:no P or Q as requested.
    Now running the BT44 for basically the first time at this track with no practice, was beyond my low level so no supprise I retired (after getting clipped by ai) on those slow corners and big crash, ai stuck to me and I could not detach cars ran a couple more laps. Very quickly reminded me of why I like High speed tracks with fast corners,spa,nord,older silver,lots of the older less sanitised tracks,imola each to his own. I will how ever run the track to learn but not in the :eek:BT beast. Any tips appreciated. Do you have any tt times up in sensible cars?

@ My apology to Alex could not run sensible there, and it was :)02.45 in the morning had to sleep.
    :):)Thanks for joining though I know you like these old beasts. be nice to see you again. Any thoughts on the wet scenarios. That puddle on right of straight caught me also toward the end, not that easy to miss coming out of T2. I should know better. lost a lot of places but had some good ai fighting mid field for a while.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  15. 2ndLastJedi

I'm pretty sure I have quite a few times in assorted cars at Adelaide. I think I started at the top of the car list and started working down the list jumping some cars. Can't remember which cars exactly but look for 2ndLastJedi and you shall find them ;)

Edit: It seems I did a lot of those times in the beta but they have been cleared now, but i just checked the main game and there are quite a few of my times (in the top 10 :p but looks like i started at the bottom...ish of the car list, lol
    @Maser V6 I tagged you again because i edited with some details.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Maser V6

A coffee time video showing off the new Group C at Spa 1993 with Livetrack weather.
    Enjoy. Bus stop fun also T1
    How does the :)Porche fair against the Merc:)?
    Nicely done video, we need more of this pls folks!!
    Driven by: Will. F from Boosted Media

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  17. CrimsonEminence

PLEASE share this stuff!!

• Like Like x 9
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Will with another AMS2 video, I think he's slowly getting Reiza fever :D:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maser V6

Ha beat me 2 it, lol (thanks for posting) @oez
    Just having coffee and watched it on TV, Was wondering how he acheived some of those camera angles?
    More positive Vids like these will go a long way in helping ams 2, just take a while to make.