1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes I have this too . Haven't posted in bug reports yet as I need time to see if I can tune it out . As it stands though with default ffb it's pretty bad on the straight at spa , if I take my hands off the wheel or even grip less strongly it goes into a proper tank slapper !
    I believe it's not just the new group c cars but anything with a reasonable amount of power . Using a SW20 V3 DD wheel .

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update as usual! Spa 93 is a triumph, the Group Cs are monsters, and the Omega Stock cars are a great addition - like a slightly slower and better behaved Group A. The AI changes are really noticeable, you can't just forget about an AI after passing him, he'll hang around poking his nose in and pounce if you make a mistake (and PIT manoeuvre you if you aren't vigilant) .

The only bad thing about the improved AI raciness is that you really notice that a) they're totally unaffected by grass unless they have all 4 wheels in it, b) even then they maintain FAR higher grip than the player when off road so that if you and an AI enter the green stuff he'll brake, recover and be back on track whilst you're still sailing control-less into the fence, c) they can maintain better grip than the player when overtaking on the outside and worst of all d) are essentially immune to collisions, they can snap straight back onto the racing line even if knocked 90 degrees off course . To me this was the single least appealing thing about AMS AI and it's sad that it's back again in AMS2.

Anyway, AI whingeing aside, it's really great to watch the devs coming to grips with more and more of the Madness engine fundamentals and making such significant improvement with each update. Thanks for all the hard work devs and beta testers.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Early thoughts were that the increased self aligning torque might be unsuitable for direct drive wheels ? Also noticed that the default toe settings on the group c Porsche are -3 with no positive toe available , surely this can't be correct can it ?

4. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I've not tried the update yet, but are you saying that you cannot have positive toe angle even on the rear?

I've always had a problem with slow speed spins in some cars AMS2, and I did some fiddling with setups recently with the Porsche GT1 and made it handle much better by adding some positive rear toe (the default was zero rear toe), so now I can drive it very aggressively in slower corners without worrying about the rear wheels turning into casters. This aspect I always felt held AMS2 back compared to rF2, AC and ACC, which I can all drive without this unnerving slow speed behaviour. I do hope I can add some positive toe to the Group C cars, as I really like them in rF2 and AC, and would like to enjoy them as much (hopefully more) in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully we will get it at some stage then

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I wasn't concentrating on the rears tbh , was hoping to tune out steering oscillation on the straights by adding some positive front toe , zero is as far as it goes !
    I think the rears do have a positive toe by default so you should be ok .

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have been looking forward for the Sauber C9 in AMS2`s Group C cars.
    Mainly because this was my sim car finance in the ancient GTP mod for NR2003.;)
    But I have to admit that the handling of this car in AMS2 is weird.
    Or rather the grip fall off is too exaggered when the turbo cuts in(IMO).
    Even with very lowered turbo boost the car mandatory initiate abrubt rear wheel spin in 4th gear.
    In 4th gear!:rolleyes:
    Come on Reiza - I appreciate your intention - but...;)

ByTheWay: AMS2´s Sauber is missing a front "spoiler" parameter. Because in RL then varying the socalled splitter(!) does raise/lower the front downforce.:cool:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

And now REIZA, what is next? Can we have a taste, a tease, a little window>? PLEASE

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Long Beach please :whistle:
    I'm running 100% boost and not having anything like 4th gear wheel spin unless its in my rain practice session i always have set. Both Group C cars are surprisingly stable at full boost full throttle! Very much unlike i was expecting and really hoping.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. BrunoB

We are talking about the AMS2 - right?o_O

11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Throttle is not a digital ON/OFF switch :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the racing Gods don't come at me, but I just kicked modern Spa to the curb. Who needs it now!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Yes

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Trying again and confirming the assists settings are working (not) as set, i have them at authentic always but set them to off just to see if something there was limiting wheel spin, but authentic seems to be fine as i still don't get anything like wheel spin even mid to late in 3rd gear, let along 4th :confused: even in the wet the downforce at speed i can even drive full throttle with slicks on a fully wet track. Its only down in 2nd gear corners where the DF is low that i actually spin.
    I think your exaggerating that 4th gear talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

same here...

16. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It was present in PC2 it seems to me, but I did not see it in AMS2. Either I didn't care, or it's new.

17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is exciting news, but it begs the question: Will we get to experience a really slippery rubbered-in line in the wet? When driving karts in the rain IRL, you can lose several seconds a lap if you don't keep away from the oily wet line. And on kart tracks the rubber is usually so deep into the asphalt that you'll need a heavy thunderstorm to wash it away - any lighter rain and it just makes everything worse.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The same discussion every time a new high-powered car is released. Half the people think it has too much grip, "impossible to break traction", "TC is always on", etc., the other half think there's no grip, wheel spin everywhere, etc. The Madness Engine must use quantum physics because the cars have simultaneously too much grip and not enough grip at all times. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BrunoB

Come on Reiza - its day 2 with this cars - right?:whistle:

No TT.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member