1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

2. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Gave it a go yesterday as I really appreciate the sort of content AMS2 delivers.
    I like the new Default FFB, thats another big step forward in my oppinion. Group C feels really great. Maybe that "fast straight line strength" should be a little bit reduced.

Gave the Group C a go against AI on Rio Circuit, as well as the 93 Spa with Formula Classic (these that have V12, V10 and V8). The Group C felt pretty solid, was fun to drive. There are things to be done in the Car Setup for this track as it doesn't like slow Corners.

The old Formula Cars on old Spa however. I don't know, something felt pretty wrong, especially with the AI (if you really want to go for a test, add at least +5 mm to ride height with the V8, otherwise undrivable). I really felt disconnected with everything, was more like playing some heavy arcade game like NFS. As far as i remember, weren't those old cars pretty "small" in reallife compared to modern F1 cars? On 1993 Spa most of the time it felt like there is nearly no space to have 2 cars next to each other. For whatever reason, the FFB on the V8 doesn't feel good, more like having some toy car. But the very worst was with the AI, even though my laptimes matched them over a lap, on S1 and S3 they caught me like 2s while on S2 I drove away those lost seconds.
    Yes, depending on setup and top speed, there should be a difference, but I don't feel thats any realistic right now, as it is too much. The AI on many occasions really puts me off the game right now. This really needs a big overhaul, as currently the only viable thing to do for me seems to be hotlapping or maybe league racing (if that is a thing already?!).

3. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not when they post _their_ fastest lap, the message normally shows only when they do the fastest lap in the session (quali) overall, I find it useful to know that there's a new best time to beat now.

But there's a bug here, if you enter multiplayer mid session, then the system that reports those messages is not "aware" of the current fastest lap already registered, instead starts reporting fastest laps from the moment you have joined the session and this is why at first you are getting a lot of "driver x made a fastest lap" messages, until there's one close or better than the real fastest lap. It's a bug carried over from PCARS2.

4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I like a minimal HUD therefore the freedom to switch these types of messages off.. I have CC and I can cycle the HUD if I need info..

5. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, OK! But I think the messages about fastest laps etc can be manually hidden from the GUI, can't they? "Join/Leave lobby" messages are indeed different though, as those get reported inside the chat window.

6. sk8

sk8 Member

The new default ffb is simply stunning on my t300 now! Just had to reduce lfb a bit. Even the Porsches all feel great. Can feel rear and front nicely with loads of other detail.
    How are you guys with direct drive wheels finding the changes?

7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

sorry away from my rig for the week at least. Street cars behavior completely improved through the tire model improvement now? the Camaro, ultima and stuff

thanks

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are indeed. Of course they are still street cars, so the Camaro still lumbers, the McLaren still has dodgy brakes and the Ultima is still a beast, but they feel more controllable now under acceleration. Same with a lot of race cars on "street tyres"; the Caterham Academy, Mini 1965 and Opala Old Stock feel superb now compared to before.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Try to move the "slider" with the arrows L/R instead of using the mouse to move it directly.

10. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very happy to report that the Formula Trainer is back to being an absolute joy to drive with the refinements to its tyres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

TT is working ;)

For the new cars i mean :oops:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cars prior 1998 were 2m wide. From 1998 till 2016 cars were just 1.8m wide. Since 2017 they are 2m again.
    The old / original Spa, before F1 administration bought it in 2003, consits of public streets. From Stavelot through Blanchimont, Bus-Stop, La Source, Eau-Rouge, Radillion and Kemmel straight. Just the part between Les Combes and Les Fagnes was build for racing in 1979.
    Spa was ever known that it is a 'natural' track, not too wide, not too easy and dangerous. But every driver loved it.

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes there are already several leagues running "for fun" and championship races and the number is increasing. I believe there is a thread for their advertising here on the forum or you can look on Facebook too. I'm already part of two of them.
    Also joining a league is a much faster way to figure out issues and workarounds, learn setups etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am over the freaking moon with this new update thankyou so much Reiza!

The FFB improvement for me is game changing, im not sure if thats to do with a combination of FFB and certain tire physics improvements but im leaning towards it being FFB, because the tire tread improvements have made that cars act even better (in relation to the cars they are applied to), but ALL the cars FFB feels better overall, the huge spikes seem to have leveled out.

In terms of the new content, its all amazing, but I was particularly looking forward to the Chevrolet Omega A.K.A. (in the UK) the Vauxhall Carlton.

I have particular intertest spaning back to childhood in this car because of my love of the ledgendary Lotus Carlton varient. Now this version is not exactly that, but it is the same shape and has the big arches and similar features. Having driven it now I must say I absoloutely love it! Very predictable, kinda what I expected, should make for some good wet weather driving.

I would like to ask how many of you would like to see the road going 177mph capable Lotus version in the game? That version has an LSD and is a real sidways monster aswell as a damn fast car. Reiza have said they will bring out a road car pack, and they keep their ear close to the ground on what their user base want. Im thinking they already have Lotus, GM (all varients of course coming under GM) and other varients in the game, I wonder if then it would be possible to get the (Vauxhall) Lotus Carlton in there.

The thing was a Ledgend in the 90's and really upset the police in their metros.

What you guys think?

Heres what I think of The Omega Stockcar in a bit more detail and a bit more info on the Lotus version for anyone curious. thankyou so much for this! Bravo Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS2 V1.1.1.2.1 is now live - this is a minor hotfix to complement and correct a few things from the latest release.

V1.1.2.1 Changelog:
    • Fixed bug where blue flag could be triggered incorrectly in some instances
    • Minor adjustments to aero / tires for Group C cars & Omega
    • Minor Group C BoP adjustment to improve 962C pace against Sauber C9 (slightly better aero efficiency)
    • Minor AI callibration pass for Prototypes, SprintRace & SuperV8
    • Adjusted Turbo Volume for Sauber C9
    • Increased wet grip for concrete, low grip roads, curbs & astrotruf
    • Spa-Francorchamps 1993: New AI path revision addressing some slow corners; minor art pass correcting some objects popping
    • Ibarra: Reworked outer terrain export settings to solve LOD pop in rear view mirror
    • Updated StockCar Omega interior textures

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Coanda

Sweeeet.

I recently praised the new Ai however the GT1's at 93 SPA at 100/70 are mowing a lot of grass..

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys are just phenominal! V happy to hear about Omega texture update. What are your thoughs the Vauxhall Lotus Carlton Varient, would i be really wishfull thinking to hope it might be possible to see that in the game one day? Thanks so much for puttin yet another massive smile on my face!

18. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game is broken now, it cannot be launched.

Edit: Looks like it wants to launch AMS2 BETA

Attached Files:

• err.jpg
      err.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Thank you guys so much for the new FFB! For months, ever since I got my DD1 I could not get a good FFB. The cornering and curb forces were too strong. The new FFB is perfect. I don't need any custom files or trying different settings for hours, right out of the box is great FFB! Thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Coanda

I'm curious how the Ai Group C will handle boost. I can run 100% and rocket pass them. Do they use the default 85%..?

• Agree Agree x 1