1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Oh yeah, on the hump up the straight, I've had that there to.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a bug raised for Super V8's on Mountain straight as they were getting airborne over the crest. I think it's a lot better now as there has been a lot of changes since then.

I haven't noticed the C9 getting frontal lift at Spa 93. Which version are you referring to?

3. Coanda

When I make a mistake at the entry to the bus stop chicane why does it invalidate the following lap? Is it because it thinks you may possibly carry extra speed over the start/finish line?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested the Formula Classic Gen 2 Model 3 20 laps on Jerez Moto in a race day.
    Used default ffb en no driving assist.
    At first my rear was a little light, front wing from 18 to 16, rear wing from 4 to 5 and a little less rear-anti-roll-bar resolved this
    I didn't experience snap-oversteer,

5. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there an intention to complete the grid?

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What are your in-game ffb settings?

7. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Is anyone else finding that opening the diff on the Sauber C9 is an improvement through the corners, I’m testing at current Spa.

I’m so used to finding lower power and coast ramp values a little help that I’m lost in perplexity. Yes, I’m pretty new to all this!

I tried most other settings to get good value through all three sections of each corner but having the diff open (89% on both values) seems to be helping more than anything. Is this just poor driving technique?

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having an open diff can help stabilise the rear of the car on corner exit since only the inside tyre breaks traction, but it will come at the cost of corner exit speed. I would slowly decrease the power ramp angle until you find the smallest value that you are comfortable with. Coast ramp angle can probably stay at max unless you find yourself spinning too much in slow corners.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coanda

How can you tell that it's exaggerated when your ears are rooted..?

Many onboards have a distinct and load whine..

Sorry to say; why should we have real engine & gearbox sounds muted for someone with an ear problem.. Go to the audio settings and turn your engine sound down if it's a problem for you.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

@Renato Simioni when will we get a feature like shareable setups?
    I.e human readable files named with car/track combos or arranged in relative folder/files, whatever makes sense to you?

It seems very crucial for this kind of sim, since everyone complains about; some cars act weird in some circumstances or non optimal gear ratios of GT1’s etc. and you don’t have a chance to optimize thousands of car/track combos within each update.
    Besides; these issues people have, usually requires a few adjustments on the diff, bb etc.

So it seems very sensible right now to letting the community to produce a any setup file, in a meaningful format, and solve those issues among us by saying something like “Ok copy this setup xml to that folder..”.

By the way, there seems to be a market share about setups (not huge but exists) which would also help to increase popularity of this sim, once these kind of setups files begin to pervade and pros want to take advantage of preparing and selling/sharing these setups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Yes, they do - and that's the transmission you're hearing. In those two videos I don't hear the turbo at all, just the roar of the engine and whining of the transmission. From what I understand @BrunoB was talking about the turbo (which does seem to be somewhat over-pronounced in AMS2 right now).

Please also consider that onboard videos are - sadly - rarely representative of the real thing; lots of frequencies just get lost (the low end, for instance), while others get picked up stronger than they are in reality compared to the rest.

Well, those are my two cents anyway (and I'm certainly not an expert, so feel free to correct me).

Anyway, I just gave the latest (or not, since there has been an update after...) update a try. A couple of things:

During my practice sessions, I had time and weather acceleration set to 15x (with 4 random slots). I noticed that when the weather had changed, i.e. the track went from dry to completely soaked, automatic tire adjustment wouldn't work. When pitting or resetting back to the pits I would still leave the pits on the wrong tires (i.e. slicks during a storm). Weird.

Also I am somewhat underwhelmed by the new cars. I didn't change my FFB settings, but on my G25 I somehow feel less connected to the roads than before. But the worst thing is that I can't even put my finger on why that is - because as far as I can tell, all the forces are still there. Maybe there's a lag? (Using 0 dampening, btw.)

The default setup of the Sauber certainly leaves something to be desired. The car has a nasty tendency to go into sudden snap oversteer during low-to-mid speed turns, at least under low throttle (or when slightly reducing the throttle input). Oh, and the car is extremely unstable under heavy braking, at least when braking down from high speeds (i.e. approaching the bus stop chicane on Spa 93).

On a side note, the mid-corner snap oversteer of the C9 does remind me of how it handled back in Gran Turismo 4. So I guess it wasn't entirely unexpected. :D

Spa 93 - Cool track! Though the race director likes to invalidate my laps as soon as two wheels touch some of the outside kerbs... Overzealous much? :D

As has been said before, the 962C and C9 really aren't making for a good match-up, to be honest. Which was to be expected, of course. The 962 just can't get up to the same kind of top speeds; it does handle better in every other aspect, though.

Omega Stockcar '99 - Very nice, I was looking forward to this. Quite a bit of fun, no matter if the track is dry or wet.

When I did my Sauber test run on Spa 93 I noticed - or rather remembered - something odd with regards to rain. When it started raining (Dry -> Medium Rain, iirc), I could stay out longer on soft slicks than I would expect based on the visual state of the track. In other words: It looked quite wet by the end of my lap, yet I didn't struggle as much as I would expect.

So I resetted back to the pits and changed to wets. I sort of got by okay, but the real surprise didn't happen until it had stopped raining. I had already done one or two laps post-rain (and remember, this was at 15x time/weather acceleration) and decided to pit for hard slicks. Visually the track was already pretty dry for the most part. Some parts were almost entirely dried by now, while others were still somewhat damp.

That being said, going out of the pits on hard slicks felt like ice skating on a frozen lake. Even when the tires got warmer, it felt like driving on ice. Of course this would have been reasonable if the track was still flooded - except it wasn't. It was somewhere between damp and dry, depending on the part of the track.

And this isn't the first time I've seen this. In fact, I think the strong disconnect between the visuals and the actual track wetness is something that goes back as far as PC2. Hopefully we can get this fixed some day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive just this second got another update but, there is no update news in steam about it, think i may have actually had a couple after the announced hotfix. Wonder whats going on?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

It is not only in Spa. Seems to be a heritage of the PC1/2 games - was the same there. When you made a mistake in last sector and exceeded the track limits, next lap did not count, too.

14. Coanda

The tranny was what i was originally talking about..

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

This is an ongoing problem and one that needs addressing. It seems that going off track in the final sector invalidates the next lap, but something better than this is needed, as it's plain annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Andrew Hollom

We recently had an AMS2 evening at Attis Sim Racing (and some Nemesis 69 geezer was there!), and talking people through setup changes in Discord is not an easy way to share a setup. In rFactor 2 you can just share a setup, either directly to an individual on a server or to all on the server, and a facility like this would be very useful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Engine whine subtitles for the hearing impared...:cool:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Andrew Hollom

I'd prefer the Lancia LC2, Mazda 767 and Jaguar XJR-9. It does look quite sweet though.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Current workaround is as soon as saving a setup find the last modified file and put it into your organized folder structure. A bit odd to me however.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

"*music plays*"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1