1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

But you'd need to find the file, post it on Discord for others to download, then they'd have to copy this file somewhere to their file system - it needs automating.

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am still in for a race-school in AMS 2. With one section teaching you how to tune a car, and eventually go on track and let you feel the difference between extreme positive rear toe and extreme negative rear toe, etc etc. So these people, like me, whom are visual/experience learners or lack the knowhow can be taught turning as well. Perhaps even some video's describing how things work. But takes lots of work and money.

Personally I miss those days I just read my historybooks and could bring them up visually when I had an exam, hehe. Some sort of photographic memory.

Edit: I know we have information-popups in the setup menu, etc, but its still a bit witchcraft here and there for me, haha. Tuning a rally-car is easier than tuning a circuit-car.

Edit2: Perhaps instead of real life-numbers we can use steps? :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

How does the class name work in the MP lobby..?

Occasionally I see an odd string..

ams2_mp_class_name.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

No idea, but I know that my Touristenfahrten servers are set to allow "Any" car class in the server.cfg so it could be a contributing factor. Maybe it is just a default when the info isn't synced or incorrectly synced.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Coanda

True and inside the helmet is different again..

I still believe this vehicle will be whiney.. :)

6. Coanda

Q: How does MP ghosting work and is it set by the server admin..?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shriukan

-Pits will always have ghost.
    -If you have Ghosting off, you will NOT ghost when driving backwards or too slow/stopped.
    -If a new driver joins while you are on track you will not see them until you return to the garage to load them in. This means that as long as you don't pit to load newcomers, they will see you but they will ghost through you. Or in other words, when you join an ongoing session, you will ghost through people if they didn't return to the garage after you joined.

The only controllable option is Ghosting on/off for griefers.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Coanda

Thank you @Shriukan

To further clarify this statement..

-If a new driver joins while you are on track you will not see them until you return to the garage to load them in. This means that as long as you don't pit to load newcomers, they will see you but they will ghost through you. Or in other words, when you join an ongoing session, you will ghost through people if they didn't return to the garage after you joined.

Is this behavior always permanently on in every server..?

9. Shriukan

Yes. All online sessions whether P2P or DS.

Then there are extraordinary situations where the session bugs, the host stops seeing new joiners (they show as floating drivers above the start line) and if the host goes to pit garage they get technically loaded in his session, but if he makes contact with them, he won't be affected at all since he can't see them but other drivers will since they will see the host. This is a very annoying, very old pC2 bug that happens on long sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know what tinnitus is, ive had permanent tinnitus for a long time now, its horrible. But changing the levels of sound mixing in the cockpit is'nt go to change that one bit. The only way I would be at risk of making my tinnitus worse was if i was to turn my headphones up sky high. Or expose myself to a loud burst of sound (which is how I got it in the first place). There is nothing wrong with the sound mixing here, and there is no way Reiza are ever going to be able to help or hinder our tinnitus im afraid, we're stuck with it and its up to us how loud we have our headphones.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Aside from sounds, these videos are incredibly informative about the design of the cars and how they drive. Mandatory viewing for any sim-head attracted to the C's!

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Marc Collins

Only being able to share set-ups through the time trial system is pretty limiting. Hopefully it is not too complex to convert the entire set-up saving system from Madness, but I am afraid nothing less than that will allow what we want.

13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is a H-pattern shifting but I do not see that he is using clutch -- auto-clutch?

14. Marc Collins

You can rev-match with most race transmissions to reduce the use of the clutch, especially during higher gear changes (IRL and in AMS 2). Not sure about videos--legs were in a strap mechanism...could be a short hinged clutch...who knows?

15. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree..
    It is the same Lancia LC2 modified at the rear, to fit the Alfa Romeo 12-cylinder engine .. a prototype that they never ran ... unfortunately ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coanda

US pack...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think your hope will be fulfilled.
    Because as I have tried to prove the file setup system in the Madness engine is ... yes mad.
    Because when you save a setup for a car(1 setup) EVERY setup files for this car on EVERY track is saved/renamed.
    Thats the reason people cannot offer setup uploads to friends or other drivers outside the game.
    And will probably never be allowed to because of Mad technicalities.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: As you say its (only) possible in TT mode where the game does accept a "foreign" setup because the game is allowed to regroup(resave) all setups and position the newcommer in the long setup queue.:rolleyes:

18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Then you probably also know that tinnitus is a very individual disease - which mean that I dont have a clue of how you hear it and you dont have a clue of how I hear it.
    And because of that I would not at any time outpour any smart oppinion about how severe you as example hear some exaggered turbo whine in a video game.

ByTheWay: The problem with the unnatural exaggered whine in the Sauber is that it has the same frequency as my tinnitus.
    Which means that I hear both my tinnitus tone and the Saubers whine and (what is worst) some kind of resonance or shock tone between the two.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Coanda

cheers everyone

RED2psd.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Thank you for the explanation azaris, it proved to be a huge help.

I think I’d lost myself a little in the changes. I went back to default settings, ran more laps and went step by step - four seconds a lap faster now. Still two seconds off the TT record but that’s just a lack of skill.

Cheers