1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could use some help to give AM2 a fair VR shot

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Shizz0r, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Shizz0r

Shizz0r New Member

Hi there, I´m pretty new to the VR game and would love to give Automobilista 2 VR a try because i hear all of the time that VR is so good here. The only problem i have is that my camera position is sticking out of the roof of the car. the center VR device mapped button doesnt help me there.
    Is there a way to adjust the position or is it a Steam VR problem ? ( Reverb G2 via Steam VR )

Thx in advance :)

2. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

You can assign a button to cycle camera, mine is L-Ctrl. Cycle through each of them and find the cockpit one or the one closest. Then you should be able to adjust your camera down/backward by proper buttons. I had a similar issue but thankfully it was a temporary situation and didn’t need to do for each car.

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Haha sorry but I cant help grinning.
    Because a lot of people who is accustomed to drive in 2D roof view would love to use their VR goggles in your camera position.
    Sorry - just a thought :rolleyes:

4. Shizz0r

Shizz0r New Member

Camera switch and adjust solved it. Thx for help. It looks really Good :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Dean Guile

Dean Guile New Member

If anyone, and i mean this!!!!! IF ANYONE is playing a driving/racing simulator in anything other than cockpit view then please go back to arcade driving games, gt sport, Project cars 3, forza. Plenty to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Ok Boomer

*keeps playing seriously from roof cam*

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Maybe a bit harsh - because if people use anything else than cockpit view then they have probably used it for so long time that they refuse to use time to get accustomed to a more realistic view.
    But conserning imersion I pity them:D

ByTheWay: Good old NR2003 and all its mods (GTP mod - oh man :p) had a "hard core mode" where among other things cockpit view was mandatory;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

And who exactly are you to dictate with what cam other people should play a game?
    Should we also make a rule about the color shirt you should wear when racing? :p

• Funny Funny x 1