1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 February 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

Just want to say thank you for the constant updates, the content and most importantly, listening to the users. Feedback is essential for making progress and you team are nailing it.

Ams2 is becoming the 1 on my list as I'm mostly a casual offline racer

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The amount of a$$ Reiza is kicking these days is staggering to me.

Fantastic job of updating, improving and growing this game in to something spectacular, while slapping some trolls around while doing it.
    I'll buy any content you release... even if it were Formula E... but seriously, please don't release that. I mean, I'll still buy it but begrudgingly.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah I think I understand you - but..
    But wouldnt it give you a better feeling if you did know that the reason you are in front of others is because you are faster than them?
    And NOT because the Sauber when you set your laptimes had more HP and boost than people comming after you :whistle:

ByTheWay: Be aware that if you answer is: "No not at all. I dont care" - then it tells a few things. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

maybe a licence problem?

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. alink

What REIZA has created and done in the last 12 month is really a master stroke!
    I remember how many were grumbling about physics, it is arcade and too easy....(OK me, too). But today, there are some who have issues with wheel spin in 4th gear (with a mid 80s car with lots of power...) and grumble that this is not real! It is funny how time changes, but this is the great effort of the whole REIZA team.
    So, keep going, do what you can do in best way, and this is make a real, realistic motorsporstsimulator!
    :D Thanks to REIZA :D
    :hurrayreiza:
    Now I am waiting for the next big bang at the end of March 2021 (oh no, still 29 days to wait for:() and hopefully with lots of historic tracks;)
    greetings...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the team will find a way to do this in a clean way,
    The last reset wasn't a success for several cars, I had to spend lots of hours to set records that would be recorded.
    Many records were not recorded to the database.
    after a while I found out that I had to be faster than I was before clearing the database. (making clearing the database useless, because i still had to improve my times)

Perhaps they can delete the database and build a new one, Or is it possible to empty the database already and keep it offline until the end of March to ensure that everything is synchronized.
    Now that we know the database is being emptied, it might as well be offline.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What about the "flag stripe" on the front of the car? They match...

8. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's better to reset the LB of TT. Today I got first at 3 tracks with the Formula Vee. At one track at the first lap! They are quite a lot faster.

@Reiza: Great update. :hurrayreiza:
    I am also looking forward to my present at the end of the month :)

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At first, I thought it was a waste of time to create those historic tracks, but I truly love driving all those tracks. They are faster and bumpier and puts my motion rig and the buttkickers through a full workout, which adds a smile to my face...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. TinMan_JB

TinMan_JB Member

Why not just archive the TT leaderboards when starting a new one with the new update? Might as well be a web based thing.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That was what I suggested as well. But alas. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. alink

How could you think to waste time with historic tracks??
    Meanwhile it is funny, tracks which I know good from watching races on TV in my younger years are historic today. For example the race at Estoril when J. Villeneuve overtook M.Schumacher in final corner on outside line. This is 25years ago! An this track layout is called historic today. I also know it good from UbiSofts F1 Racing Simulation. Oh, time is running fast... I just hope, that Reiza brings back this classic track soon!

• Like Like x 6
  13. nemesis

nemesis Member

every update I’m faster in every car not slower I’ve proved this time and time again.
    So people had a huge opportunity to overtake TT times I’d see it and rebeat it
    I can see why their wiping as some are setups on old physics some makes perfect sense and stops new people loading them up and complaining that the physics is broken

talent puts you first buddy nothing else and I’ve never done Sauber or Porsche

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the monthly update.

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Just let your times speak for themselves, let them be wiped and then put your name back in top again ;) there will always be some who like to try and bring the top down, stay humble. Your times give me something to chase and then cry.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

Multiplayer was mentioned in the last Dev Update but didn't get touched last release. Will it be looked at as part of the next update? Sorry I keep mentioning this, but we are really keen to start our RD club races back up in AMS2 as the sim drives brilliant, but currently it is not viable with the state of the dedi server tools and multiplayer experience. Please can we get this to be a focus soon Reiza :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. christian youngwall

christian youngwall New Member AMS2 Club Member

Love the single player and work so far. However using a DD wheel makes multiplayer impossible with every race having wrecks for first. I dont want to break my wrist so the no attention to multiplayer rating or safety or ability for host to kick or ability to ban these people who can possibly hurt me or others. In my opinion and may streamers this is the reason this game fails and will continue to. I love this game, but being wrecked by people every race makes this game unplayable for me and many others.

18. alink

With the great 1999 Stock Cars Chevy Omega I hold my fingers crossed that these great and super tracks will follow at any time:
    Fortaleza.JPG Rivera.JPG
    Historic and current version, with all layouts: Buenos.JPG
    Historic would be nice Portrero.JPG
    Historic would be great as well cati.JPG

• Like Like x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Let’s not forget we should be getting historic Nordschleife at some point too, folks... hopefully soon!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you exaggerating or is there really a risk of getting physically hurt in real life because of crashing in virtual world with DD wheels? My only experience is my cheap G27-wheel where I fear to destroy my wheel with my wrists and not the other way round...:D

• Funny Funny x 2