1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree... the grip levels are great and very realistic. Yes, I drove about a dozen super cars around different tracks in Canada and in the US, so I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

cool as.. which was your favourite..?

3. Coanda

After revisiting today these settings are touch on the heavy side. I'll probably reduce the in game gain by 3-5%.

4. Coanda

I noticed the Formula Classic G1 M1 and Formula Classic G3 M3 have very light steering. Do they have power steering..?

Add: I personally think the Super V8 steering is far too light. From my understanding this car regularly has up to 20 Nm of torque through the steering. If I set my wheel up for GT3 to have the steering in the 7-13 Nm range then the Super V8 is extremely light and I have to crank on roughly 20-30% of vehicle gain to get it somewhere near 0.8:1 or 1:1 in steering force.

iRacing does something very neat as it gives you a motec channel for steering force so it is easy to know exectly what is expected from each vehicle. At the very least I would love for Reiza to indicate on the vehicle selection Ui which vehicles have power steering and furthermore tells us a rough range of steering force ie. 2-6 Nm, 7-13 Nm, 25-35 Nm. Even a spreadsheet would be fine.

Add: Why has the down force options been removed from Super V8..?

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It was likely one of the cars, not having adjustable downforce. So if you have changed downforce on this car, you probably have actually changed nothing but a dead slider, that had no function (another example were OldStock Opalas).

The setup UI was showing non-functional downforce settings for several cars, despite them having their aero settings set to not adjustable ranges. This was fixed a few builds ago. It was a bug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If watching races from that time, it is by nature that there is some lost of cones during the race. Profs are not perfect, too ;) But it would make it a bit more interesting, especially if one lap all cones are standing, next lap severals are missing.... So you have to adjust your reference points :) Something difficult but real.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coanda

... man the Ai are real bloody good at Bathurst.. It almost looks like I am watching a live race. No bump at Forrest Elbow, two wide into Chase and Murray's, no worries, and then I squeezed one into Hell corner so we were three wide and still no dramas. Their movement is very natural looking now and give me a lot of confidence to go wheel to wheel. In the end I got harassed and hustled and binned it in the wall.. :cool::cool::cool:

Again Reiza you did a wicked job with this update. Your best work to date!

100/70

(and no more vehicle flickering in replays!)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

That sounds like a great bit of info for the UI. iRacing seems to do quite a lot right and sets a benchmark in more than one way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I think I noticed some cars have ABS/TC options in the setup page but the car didn't have any. I should have noted it down but think one was the Honda P1.

10. 2ndLastJedi

I've noticed, yeah sure they are 2 even 3 wide but they have been 2 wide around the whole lap, even through corners they have no right being side by side. They attempt passing into corners no one would ever try a pass. I think that sort of thing needs attention.
    1:31 in your video is a good example of this side by side in wrong corners.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I agree that the grip levels are great, but under the limit like say warming the tyres, or on a cool down lap/ the car can feel a bit too much on the limit.
    Also exiting slow corners, rear slip is a bit too on or off in some cars.
    But overall feels very close to the finished product now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I think so.
    Look at F1 GP 1986, the barrier is near track without any sand trap.

In 1988 it is a bit strange: it seems that there was a sand trap but not used by F1
    spa88.JPG
    But in 1989 they used sand trap all the way through Blanchimont to Bus Stop
    spa89.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coanda

True mate it needs a little refinement. I'd rather see this than single file trains..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Ok, nice. If you say it is more realistic then I believe you. You have more experience than me. I can only go on videos and such. To me, it still seems off, if you look at real-life and other simulators.
    And what is your opinion about the bounciness? Because to me that still doesn't seem right, especially if you look at real-life videos.

15. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1. Porsche 911 Targa 4S All Wheel Drive (not the the fastest, but the most accurate/nimble/all rounder)
    2. Ferrari 488
    3. Hated the Ford GT, and the Lamborghini (basically an Audi interior with a different body and same engine as the Audi R8 v10)
    I could go on for another dozen...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Coanda

Nice one matey thanks for sharing.. Some sweet cars! :cool:

17. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also found it nice at the beginning after those single file AIs we had before. Now I am not so convinced it is better. Looks good to see AI fighting each other but after doing 5 of 10 laps just staying behind the AIs and watching them is just more unnatural than the single file and also boring.
    They were always in groups of something like 4 cars going 2 by 2 side by side, blocking the track and not actually overtaking, not losing time in corners and not pulling away from the other AI even when they overtook.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Coanda

Fair points matey.. Nice to see Reiza aren't sleeping on the Ai updates so I am sure they will tweak it further..

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

More variation is coming. It's easier to see the impacts of core programming changes when there are fewer AI "personalities" at play. As the basics get stabilized, a greater variety of behaviours will appear. Some of the AI are literally copies and pastes of each other, so no surprise they cluster together in an unnatural manner.

• Like Like x 7
  20. audio.pizarro

audio.pizarro New Member

I tried that right now, but it's still not working correctly.