1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: Problem found, it's related to the update 25 and occurs regularly with DR2 and AMS2 specifically. I'm going to try and revert to 23.

This has nothing to do with Automobilista per say, but I've got a Quest 2 specific question that someone might have an answer to:

Kiwi link cable (2.9Gbs), 2 week old Q2. I notice this whitish shimmering horizontal bar with a much higher brightness than the rest of the display, mostly bang in the middle 1/3 and occasionally at the bottom 1/3 of the display that occurs after about an hour's game play. I only use it for sim racing.
    Disconnecting and reconnecting the link fixes it temporarily but after a while it's back. So it's got something to do with heat I would think.
    Bit rate changes doesn't seem to have any effect for better or worse. Different USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling programs and drivers, different settings in Oculus and in game doesn't seem to affect it.
    Come to think of it this might only have started since update 25 but I'm not 100% on that.
    It's almost like the headset wants to improve performance by reducing quality and then getting it horribly wrong.
    Anyone came across this issue?

PS. Apologies if this is not the perfectly correct place to post.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  2. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Could be a hardware problem. Might be worth raising a ticket with Oculus.
    Submit a request – Oculus Support

3. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Quick question for rift s users...... on the oculus vr dash there are 3 options in graphics settings, the 2nd option is for “anti aliasing” and 3rd one I think is for sharpening. Both are off as default, should these be on?

thanks

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Marnus Zwarts

Tx man, it's not though since it's been established on the oculus forum that it's got to do with the software version's compression algorithm and the link connection. Apparently wide spread issues. It even turns pink sometimes. It started since update 24.

5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using a WMR Lenovo explorer in steam VR I have it set to its stock resolution SS.
    in-game under VR SS I honestly see no difference in quality or performance using fspVR between 1.0 & 2.0 is this feature currently working?
    Yes, I restart the game after adjusting this setting.
    If I increase SteamVR SS I see a noticeable difference in resolution and performance

6. lensman45

lensman45 Member

I think it's hit and miss. I always thought the in game ss did nothing, but someone on the forum was sure it did so I tested it again. After about 3 attempts it finally activated, so something weird going on I think.
    I don't use it anyway, the high resolution of the Quest 2 really doesn't need any super sampling.

7. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

Try to just mess with MSAA settings. Medium gives a good balance and High really makes an improvement (at a huge performance hit). I've never been able to really see the SS impact in Project Cars 2 or Automobilista 2.

You should also play with the sharpening settings in the config file in combination with the MSAA.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've settled with 1.5 sharpening in the config file.
    Steam vr 120%
    Med msaa

9. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

Hello fellow simracers. I'm new to AMS2 and VR.

Just purchased a G2 and have found some decent settings for ACC. I'm hearing that AMS2 is great in VR, but I've tried some of the settings from two YouTube guys but can't help but wonder if there's something better. I haven't found any settings that seem to match the high expectations for AMS2.

I'm using an i7 10700F and 2080 Super and understand there are limitations with this headset.

That said, can someone with a comparable setup share their settings or point to a post with recommended settings?

Thanks so much for your help.

10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Hi and welcome. Actually there are some recommended settings here in this thread but may require some digging up.
    Due to only common thing between our specs; I can only say that you can play with sharpening values within VR related xml files. That however cost me a few hours to find a sweet spot for my taste.

11. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

Thanks.

I’m using a CSL elite wheel/pedal combo (Xbox/PC) and can’t find a button on the wheel to “confirm” selections when in VR.

I don’t see it listed in any settings menu.

Is using a mouse the only way to confirm? What am I missing?

12. Marnus Zwarts

I think when you choose your Fanatec wheel and base under controllers it should assign it automatically. On my F1 Clubsport rim it did. Otherwise go to Controllers, edit assignments and assign it to a button of your choosing.

13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

On my wheel it is the funky switch button.

14. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

Thanks for your responses so far. Unfortunately funky switch button doesn't work. Nor am I able to find a setting in the Controllers > Edit Assignments menu to map the function to a button. Perhaps I'll try a different Fanatec preset.

15. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

On my ts-pc racer top left d-pad switch not work in the first hand but I use a 3rd party tool named antimicro to map them kb arrow keys. Maybe something similar would work.

16. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Maybe I am being completely thick but..... how do you download steam vr? When I go into steam store the only thing I find has no download ability and says this is not available in English

any help appreciated
    Baz

17. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Is this what you're trying to install? SteamVR on Steam
    If successful, you should see a 'VR' icon top right of steam, to the right of your profile dropdown.

18. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thanks very much

Regards

19. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Bump!! :)

20. Greg Latty

Greg Latty Member AMS2 Club Member

Ever since the latest update I'm getting a weird issue with the beta and regular version in VR. Once the race starts, the screens are turning completely black intermittently. Sometimes one eye and sometimes both eyes. Never had this issue previously. Also does not happen in any other game. Any suggestions?