My Logitech G923 steering wheel is not working properly on the AMS2, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Lucas Kelab, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Lucas Kelab

Lucas Kelab New Member

I recently bought the Logitech G923 steering wheel, and I tried to play with him in Automobilista 2, however, when he entered a race, his degree of rotation was totally wrong, I calibrated him normal in the game and yet I still had errors. I would LOVE to create a native support for the Logitech G923 steering wheel.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Can't help you further, but i'm afraid you posted in the wrong forum (for the first Automobilista.)
    Better to ask in the AMS2 help forum then
    Good Luck :)

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Proper support for G923 in AMS2 is soon to be released.

4. Turtle

Turtle New Member

I just updated Automobilista 2 in steam. I had high hopes for my G923 wheel as the update was said to have full support for this wheel. Unfortunately Automobilista 2 no longer recognizes the steering input from my G923 wheel. I can now select the G923 in Automobilista 2 configuration and the buttons and paddles can be assigned and appear to work but the steering input is gone. I cannot assign the steering input manually as when I turn the wheel nothing registers in Automobilista 2. I have updated drivers and software, restarted and rebooted but no cigar. It totally ignores my steering input. Anyone with similar experience or steps to take?

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric is the one who worked on it. Maybe he has some troubleshooting tips?

6. Domagoj Lovric

It's general issue with user profiles that tends to occur sometimes. Sometimes relaunch of game sorts it and it recognizes inputs, sometimes not.
    Since on your end issue persists after game relauch/ pc restart, best advised to delete profile from documents and create fresh one.

7. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Is the user profile the automobilista 2 folder in "Documents" or is there a profile folder/document specifically named that delete?

8. Domagoj Lovric

Whole "Automobilista 2" folder.

9. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Unhappy update. I deleted the Automobilista 2 folder in documents, restarted the PC and the game and same issue as before. The rotation of the wheel does not register in the game. I checked Assetto Corsa just to be sure it wasn't a Steam issue and Assetto Corsa works fine with the wheel (as does Logitech G Hub).
    Any suggestions of what to try next?

10. Turtle

Turtle New Member

@Dady Cairo, and others, First off, thanks for those with suggestions of what might work. I was hopeful. Unfortunately I am still without a working wheel for Automobilista 2. I deleted the Automobilista 2 folder found in documents under my user id. I then restarted the PC and re -ran Automobilista 2 and no change. Automobilista 2 is not connecting to the steering function of the wheel. Buttons and paddles work. I did test Assetto Corsa and it works fine with the wheel.
    I would appreciate any other suggestions that I might try?

11. Domagoj Lovric

You have managed to assign wheel this time right?
    Have you calibrated wheel in game?

Do you use third party pedals or G923 ones? If it's G923 pedals, choose "Combined pedals".

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Hm....
    strange.
    Wheel Divers and Firmware are up to Date?Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers?
    Windowsupdate?
    AMS 2 new installation.
    Another USB port for the wheel?
    Choose another profile in AMS for the wheel.?

13. Shriukan

I thought combined pedals was for old pedalsets which had throttle and brake on the same axis. so like Axis R+ and R-

14. Domagoj Lovric

Yeah that setting is confusing.
    I thought same thing TBH before.

15. Domagoj Lovric

@Turtle one thing, is your G923 XBox or PlayStation compatible variant?

16. Shriukan

So if i am using a G29 with a modded G29 pedalset running via the LeoBodnar cable on another usb plug (detected as G25 pedals), I should run combined pedals "No", but for stock g29 setup "Yes"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

18. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Hi guys, good news , I have it working now. I decided to go back to the Logitech G Hub and take it off the automobilista 2 (profile?) setting I had been on since before the update, and just set it to default. After that, Automobilista 2 began receiving the steering input. I really can't say if it just began working because of the change or strange coincidence, but I 'm a happier camper now!
    Thanks again for the help and support.

( for those that asked this is a playstation compatible version of the wheel and I have Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals)

19. Domagoj Lovric

There should be hotfix out in few days. PlayStation compatibles aren't correctly detected in current release, and much improved handling of TrueForce.

20. oneirosis

oneirosis New Member

Has the hotfix been out? i have the Playstation version of G923 and not getting any TrueForce as well.